Voting machines can be easily hacked. What do you think of this?

• It is tearifying
  • It is no big deal
  • Show results

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it's why Texas switched to emergency paper ballets because people were taking pictures of their vote before they submitted it or videoed it and the votes were literally changing from Trump to Clinton while they were filming it.

Folks use paper ballets and if they refuse to give them to you tell them you'll be back with the police in tow.

What Girls Said 12

• That's why you should request a paper ballot, which they're legally obliged to give you.

They don't though

@yucel_eden Lol it's not ten guys saying this it's hundreds and thousands of people all over Texas dude. There are screen shots and video to prove that machine ballots are rigged an there are just as many people saying that they were refused paper ballots.

It's only after hundreds and thousands of pictures and videos came out that Texas switched to paper ballots and stopped using machine ones.

There is tons and tons of evidence out there, if you honestly can't see it your blind or just plain stupid then.

They can also just throw paper ballots into the garbage if they feel that your signiture is different from the one on your voter registration... This is something anyone can do at their discretion because they don't like who you voted for... Everyone signs their signature slightly differently each time.

• If you ask for a paper ballot by law they can't say no. Not like our votes matter anyway, the whole election is rigged for Hilary to win

• I think paper ballots are even more "tear"-ifying.

Get it? Because tear?

I'll leave now.

• Rigging and Ridiculous.
    Trump has Today Informed Everyone Under the Sun, Hun... He has a 1,000 Lawyers Willing and Waiting from the Republican Side, to Keep a Close Check on All Cheat Sheets, and this includes Electoral, Plus George Soros.
    Even if it's True about Russia's own End, Russia just May have its own Hand in the Red Cookie jar, Keeping their Own Eye Spy on this Crooked Cookie,
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I think the democrats will stoop to anything to win. They are the very definition of corruption.

• Use paper ballots.

• I've known this haha that's why you should use the paper ballot

• It's terrible... has anyone ever been caught using an altered memory card to change voting results?

• Tearifying? Lol

• Not a big deal to me 😒

• CROOOOOOOKED!!!

• I think it won't affect anything, so it doesn't really matter. No one is going to hack every voting machine in America..

Apparently you didn't watch the videos. They explained how it infects a lot of voting machines in a state. And you only need to rig a couple of states to change the outcome.

It could be, we never know. Clinton did rig the DNC.

I beg to differ about it being rigged and the integrity of democracy wen't out the window long ago. The Primary was rigged for Clinton, and I don't see the general election being any different.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_mJ5KutY8s

What Guys Said 23

• not a good thing for sure. especially when cyber terrorism is becoming more and more prevalent.

i know a lot of precincts went back to the analog voting booths just to avoid this. of course this means you trust that people are honest in manually tallying votes

• The Supervisor of Elections in the first video is Ion Sancho, who was my classmate in law school. He was the supervisor in Leon County, Florida for two decades.

• It's obvious that it would be very easy to rig. The hard part is getting by with it.

What makes it difficult is that in order for it to be significant it would have to be done in a LOT of locations. Voting precincts are very small. The polling locations usually have multiple precincts, but each precinct still has it's own workers, I assume at least one representative from each party.

In my experience those people working the polls are long term residents in the precinct. That means they are neighbors that I see out mowing the lawn.
    What does that mean? Well nothing for sure. But it gives me a lot more comfort seeing the same faces for 30-40 years than it would seeing a new group of complete strangers.

The point is that within just one county, there will be hundreds of eyes watching. In order to swing an election there would have to be many counties, in many states, with each of those counties having dozens or hundreds of precincts. This means there would have to be hundreds of "plants" with thousands of eyes watching from both parties. That means there are thousands of opportunities for someone to make a mistake and get caught.

Something could slip through at a location here and there. I'll buy that. But I don't buy that it could easily be done at enough locations to make a difference.

Even in an extremely close election (which this one isn't) you would still have to do it at a large scale in many locations. That's because you won't know where it's needed. You'd still have to cover hundreds of precincts in several states.

On top of all that, I'm sure there are algorithms closely scrutinizing voter patterns down to the precinct level, cross referenced to past elections. Any significant deviation is going to get flagged.

I'm strictly referring to the type of thing shown in the video, or similar things done locally. If it's possible at a more wholesale level is something different.

The thing is, most of these virus spread to different locations, thus you only have to infect one machine.

Maybe. I don't know how they are networked together or what's possible. But for sure it's not going to cross state lines, and probably not county lines. Plus there is still going to be hundreds of people watching. It would be easy to work around also. Just reload the software from a known clean source.

Diebold makes security equipment. Both of those videos were the same machine from the same company. It's a machine I've never seen at a polling place. Anyway, Diebold will NOT be happy to see those hacks shown on YouTube. That hack they show is very old. Diebold probably patched that long ago. Their entire business rides on being secure.

Again, I'm not saying it can't be done. I just think it would be really difficult. It certainly would not be as easy as those videos imply.

The thing is, patches just protects against one hack. Also, you only need to mess with a couple of states to rig the election. Also those weren't the same machine. The thing is, computer systems are always at least one step behind the hackers.

• People whine about everything 🙄

1- paper ballots cause more corruption and inefficiency with miscounts, duplicates, fraud, etc, and can't be traced
    2- electronic voting can be traced
    3- you can't rig a general election enough to even dent percentages large enough to sway a vote
    4- our votes don't even matter... they're just suggestions

This is just stupid excuses morons use when they don't get the outcome they want and 1 giant victim mentality... I didn't win the competition, therefore something must be wrong with them and not me... let's blame the refs for the dropped catch (Dee Bryant excluded) or blaming the refs for steph curry shooting a game winning 3 from 40'

2 and 3 are completely false.

Actually most of these hacks are smart and will change the vote so one candidate barely wins, thus making it look like a real election. Also you only need to hack swing states. Also the central counting system can also be hacked.

Jesus Christ 🙄

• There's a long discussion about it here in Brazil. We use a voting machine (it's called "urna eletrĂ´nica"). Well, I think that hacking such machines is possible, but in the other hand no system is 100% safe.

I do agree, there is no 100% safe system, but they hacked into it very easily.

• Why I chose paper ballot. We are meticulous here in Yavapai county, why I live here, AZ rocks.

• That's why the US has one of the lowest voter turn out. The Primary was rigged for Clinton to win, and the general election will also be rigged for Clinton to win. Those who think the primary wasn't rigged, explain to me how Clinton was the projected winner of Arizona with 1% of the voting results in and thousands of people still in line waiting to vote.

• What happened to good old fashioned paper and pencil?
    That's how we vote in Canada.
    Have fun trying to rig that.

• Horrible That good people lose because of people like this

It makes you wonder why they are so desperate and what they plan to do once in the Whitehouse

• I think they are just computers and like all computers they can be hacked. But certain computers are harder than others. For example, many government systems have guarded facilities with computers that are not hooked up to the Internet. Information is stored on a floppy drive or disc, then physically walked over to these computers and manually put in.

The only way to hack those computers is to be james bond pretty much. Now voting computers aren't as heavily protected lol, but you get the point.

• Was it running on a Windows OS? Why wasn't skynet a candidate? lol

Maybe people need a receipt of their vote with a serialized number to check it online against a database.

• Yeah you have to be careful of hacking, you don't want the Russians deciding the election for "The Donald"
    ih0.redbubble.net/.../flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

• Who would have guessed.

• This works both ways though...

• the votes are rigged anyway. so hacking the machines doesn´t really make a big difference.

• Paper ballot bitches

• it doesn't even matter what the final polls say.. the govt will put into power whoever it wants..

• That's why you have humans to verify results and if you're smart, a physical paper trail.

All the docs about hacking elections are only scary if you don't use physical ballots, or if the supervisors don't do their jobs.

• Demand a paper ballot. Officials are legally obliged to give you one.

• Yes thats why we turned back to the old paper format.

• of course. people can remove storage drives, hack in via IP, all sorts of shit.

• Or they could just target the electoral college and ignore all votes in the state and make the decision they want.

The college is suppose to vote for who wins in that state though.

They are suppose to do that, but are only required to do that in like 2 or 3 states... As you saw in the 2000 election they can do whatever the fuck they want.

• I find it hilarious