Do any of you currently have a 3DS and if the Nintendo Switch were to be it's successor would you buy that?

There's speculation going around that this new console may not only be the Successor to the Wii U, but also be the successor to the 3DS as well since they may be merging both handheld and console markets.

To those with a 3DS, if this really were the successor to that, would you buy it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have two and I'm only getting it for Breath of the Wild.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it is the successor to the 3DS, I will probably buy it.
    I will probably buy it anyway :p

What Girls Said 9

• Maybe. the truth is, I'd rather be able to the a fully functional console and smartphone combo. I don't play my 3ds very often because it's not portable enough to slip into my pocket.

• They have already stated that the switch will never be the successor to the 3ds. :P

I have a 3ds and I would get the switch because it's a console, not due to the handheld thing. The new zelda game is the biggest reason to get it in my opinion, I tend to only care about the games and not about the console.

Yeah they say that, but in the past they've proven to go back on such statements. such as back when the original DS first came out they said it wasn't going to replace the Gameboy Advance, yet just two years into the DS life they stopped production of the GBA. soooo the switch could still very well be the 3DS's successor despite their words. :P

indeed it is different, but im still thinking if the switch does really well, they may not continue producing the 3DS anymore, because why would they? it would just cut into their own profits of the switch.

The only reason I owned a Playstation was for a single game, and is still the only PSX game that I played or own.

• I own a 3DS, two actually, but I wouldn't purchase the Switch. Personally, it seems too overhyped to me while not actually that impressive.

• My boyfriend has a 3DS, I don't think he'd buy the newest one. He only bought the 3DS on a whim much after it's release. I own a dsi, I wouldn't buy the new one. I'm just too busy for it to be a worthy purchase.

• I think that we do plan to get one in the future.

• Used to own a 3DS, but it is no more. And now everything is about xbox or ps4 so Id get one of those ( I do plan on getting the ps4 soon) not Nintendo.

• No and no.

• I have a 3DS but I don't think I'd buy the switch.

• Used to have a purple gameboy advance and tamagotchis

What Guys Said 10

• it's not the successor, it's one of the first things they said after the presentation. Just going by the formfactor that wouldn't make much sense anyway.

I have a 3DS, bought it only a couple of months ago but not using it much. Might buy the Switch but it depends on a couple of things and I would use it almost only as home console (why I'm disappointed that they go with this hybrid)

nintendo says things like that, but reality is if the Switch sells really well they will most likely stop production of the 3ds because it would cut into their own profits.

it's happened before

Maybe the will kill the 3DS for it one day, but that won't happen that quickly

I'm going at this based on how Nintendo has usually acted with new console/handheld releases. If the Swirch sells really well then there is a good chance the 3Ds will cease production.

• I was planning on buying it anyway. I honestly kinda hope the rumors are true about them merging the platforms. It would make everything much simpler and we, as consumers, will only have to but one device for the full experience.

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset at all, because it has been a long time since I've gotten a new DS. I only have the original 3DS. I never bought the 3DS XL or the 2DS/2DS XL.

• Depends if it's backwards compatible with the 3DS games. I've been hearing that the Nintendo Switch unfortunately won't have any at all, not even through digital distribution for the Wii U games. However, that doesn't mean I won't give the Switch a shot. I'll just keep my 2DS and still purchase the Switch console instead.

Actually, it's just the physical copy Wii U and 3DS games that aren't backwards compatible since the Nintendo Switch obviously uses a completely different physical copy game format now. At this moment, I'm just waiting for Nintendo to make more announcements on it's price and features that it offers to future customers.

Yeah they are making a live show event out of it on January 12th.

• Don't have one. The last game system I bought was a Xbox360. I don't game as much as I used to growing up.

• Funny, I bought a Nintendo 2DS (blue) about two weeks ago. I won't be considering buying the Nintendo Switch, until Smash Bros and Mario Kart are released for it, so I'm very happy with my 2DS right now. :)

Well they did show Mario Kart in the trailer, that might be a launch title

Well then that will take one one of the requirements right there, once Smash is added then I'll probably cop it. :-D

• I own a 3ds and a Wii U, and I think the Nintendo Switch is what they wanted to be. If I had the money, I would buy it probably.

• Yeah I have a 3DS and I'll check out the Switch once I see more games.

• Nope, and Nintendo sucks ass

• Nope.

• nintendo switch looks wayy to awesome, but i can't buy, because i dont have any money, im broke af