Do you agree with the saying: 'Everyone appreciates your honesty until you are honest with them. At this point, they view you as an asshole...'?

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck yeah. Though I would amend it to "... until you're honest about something they hold dear or aren't willing to hear any other views about".

call me ageist, but people so struggle to discuss views these days and come to the consensus of 'agreeing to disagree'

Over half have been told that they're perfect special snowflakes, and the most difficult thing they've ever gone through in life was being told "No" once by mommy & daddy. They've never really had to face adversity, never had to do without or get things secondhand, never had to improve after a crushing defeat because everyone gets a trophy and there are no winners or losers.

Thank whatever gods you believe in that men like Newton, DaVinci, Galileo, Einstein, and Michelangelo, Nimitz, Patton, Audey Murphy, Chesty Puller, and John Bassilone, and millions of others like them, didn't grow up like that.

The average American 20-something needs a safe space at college, a place that's SUPPOSED to be about critical thinking and new ideas.

It's a good think earth is basically completely explored, and we as a species have basically given up reaching for the stars. With the mentality that has infected us, we wouldn't be able to explore the next county, nevermind a new planet.

*thing. A good THING.

Fuckin phone.

What Girls Said 7

• My boyfriend is very honest and will tell it like it is, but not in a rude way. People usually sees him as an asshole. He's just a blunt person.

• Yes I do. Because I have seen proof of this many times over.

• nope
    because as long as someone is being honest but not in a straightforward rude way, "You look so ugly in that dress." etc, then they are fine.

An honest and kind person would rather' say, "Umm nah, that dress isn't suiting you; let's try something else... etc" and in a warm tone rather than careless/ and rude/monotone

• It seems to happen so often in my life.

• I try to be as diplomatic as possible but some people will still react unfavorably.

• I so agree with this!! But there is a line between being blunt & being disrespectful

• There is honesty and then there is being rude.
    Honesty is answering truthfully when asked or out of genuine concern for their well being. Being rude is saying things when not asked in order to get a laugh, to offend, to put them in their place or out of total disregard for their feelings. While many will laugh when it's done to someone else many don't appreciate it.

What Guys Said 3

• Do you agree with the saying: 'Everyone appreciates your honesty until you are honest with them. At this point, they view you as an asshole...'?

It's more along the lines of everyone appreciates your honestly until you say something about them they don't like.

• Oh Definitely - There is so much truth in that statement

• Very true.