Do you follow the Golden Rule?

Do on to others as they do onto you..

1mo Where's my feature GAG? Mix it up a bit!

Most Helpful Girl

• In a way.

I fully grasp the concept that if I'm a cunt to someone, I'll get it in return. Thats why I try to be nice to everyone. But even if that wasn't so, there's absolutely no reason to be mean to someone. Defending yourself isn't being mean but attacking someone for their opinion is.

Are you referring to me just correcting you on a phrase? That wasn't mean and not intended in that way if you thought so.. Yes, defending is always the thing to do :)

No and I knew the phrase I just didn't wanna say it lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes to the title, no to the "do on to others as they do onto you."

Are you a "as you would like" or "has the most gold"?

As I've said to others, This rule takes many forms and there are always exceptions! I'd give you another like if I could..

Thanks man (to both).

What Girls Said 15

• Most of the Time.. Unless Something or Someone may "Cause" me to Sway for a Day.
    Then I sort of "Make up" my own Set of New Rules.
    Good luck and Thanks for the Invite. Still Waiting for the other Reply on Sherlock, Shirl. xxoo

• I definitely try to.

• I try. But I'm not perfect.

• Always!!

• One of my friends was so horrible to me especially when I needed her I was going through a rough time, so I vowed that when she needed help I wouldn't help her. When this did happen I couldn't help it I helped her but I guess what comes around goes around right? I don't think being cruel should be done intentionally

• Sometimes, not always. Whenever I follow it, I get screwed over in the end, anyway.

• I try to but it's hard

• yes i do and it's important to me

• I can't say that I've always done that but I try to follow it as much as I can.

I have for quite a while now..

Maybe? Lol ok haha. All I can do is speak my mind and hope that others do the same. See what I just did there ;)

Hahaha that's a good one!
      ☺️☺️

• I don't know why people is taking it to the negative side. Most say, if someone treats me bad... and so on.
    The first thing I thought when I read the question was just the opposite: if someone does something nice to me, would I follow the golden rule? Absolutely. I'd try to be as nice as they were or even better if possible.
    Now if they treated me bad, I wouldn't follow the rule. I'd simply try to get far from them and stop treating them as friends.

• I try to

• Thats about it.

• I follow the bronze rule

And that is?

To be honest I am a little confused about it.

Lol you are silly.

• Absolutely. But my case is a little different. I used to cut myself, so everytime someone tries to pull this card on me, I offer to let them cut me in return. It really makes people rethink what it was that got me to say or do something hurtful to them in the first place. I never throw the first punch, but I never regret retaliation. If you push me to the breaking point, I'll do anything to drag you down, even if I take myself down in the process.

I never got that.. I dated a girl that used to cut years ago and she just said that it made her feel better.. Strange.

@Tanuron Thanks. And that's actually really sweet what you said you would do for people. But I wouldn't want you to do it for me because I've been known to turn other people into cutters, and it's not something I encourage people to start.

Welcome :). And no worries like that, had a screwed up childhood so nothing is really new to me. Which yeah sadly. Think my sister for example started to cut herself simply cause I even said I had cut myself once, did it pretty soon after. People are weird like that too it seems.

• So I'm meant to hit others?

I don't know what you're meant to do.. I only asked if users here follow the Golden Rule.

You don't have to if you don't want to..

Ok. Hitting is wrong

What Guys Said 12

• I try not to treat others mean if they treat me mean. I try to treat others nice even when they are not.

Lol I bet you had your share of grief with Paris. She is nuts!

I'm with ya there! We just gotta keep doing the best with what we got..

Lol yeah that is true. Gotta do the best we can.

• 0|1
  • To a degree yes that quote sounds like it could be construed as condoning vengeance. My version of the quote would be "Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated Yourself"

The Golden Rule has taken on many forms. I asked this optimistically, but to each their own.. I always meet new people with a "clean slate"

• If I follow any kind of 'Golden Rule', it's either:

"Do unto others before they do unto you"

Or

"He who has the gold makes the rules."

• I absolutely live my life by this rule! :)

A life well lived..

I'm not saying YOU'RE an enemy lol. I'm just saying that following the golden rule, creates very few enemies in one's life.

Lol dude, I know I'm not.. I think you were the first user that followed me back in January. That can only be judged by one's own mindset.

• with context attached

• Revenge is like a loyal dog , it always returns to its owner !!

I'm speaking more on kindness and gratitude.. Why are so many people so negative?

Asker... I believe that in the Bible , not karma or the golden rule. Because that's a double edge sword. If you are kind and respectful of others in your journey in life , most others will perceive you as just that and have no problem with you.

I respect your belief.

• I try but it's hard sometimes

• Sorry for this sub-question, what do you mean by golden rule?

• no... even if someone fucks me, i let it go.. i think seeking for revenge is immature and worthless

Let's focus more on the good things that people do for each other..

I've never seen your name on here before..

I've been here for a while.. good to meet you man!

• I thought the golden rule was: Whoever has the gold makes the rules.

• The Golden rule is never make eye contact with thr other guy in a devils threeway.

No, that's the "It's not gay" rule..

Its only gay if you make eye contact.