Do you agree that the people often deemed as 'Weirdos' are the ones who change the world?

0|0
7|14

Most Helpful Girl

• People who are extremes generally are the tops of their fields. I mean look at the best celebs many are whackados, looks at the best scientists and our timeless authors... the best are generally very eccentric.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course so-called "Weirdos" are the ones to change society. A better term Gob, would be "outcasts". Those who do not fit in with the majority of society or respect the status quo. You could be a man who vouches for TRUE equality (privileges and consequences no biases, Hammurabi style) and society will cry and whine about it and hate you. But some of these same outcasts are now changing the world under the white sheeps pathetic little noses and then it becomes so popular that they suddenly want in on it. Just as it happened with gaming.

People saw gamers as basement dwellers and closet dwarves who can't let laid or some other stupid shit to discredit them for their hobby, and years later. These same "closet dwarves and basement dwellers" are living the best of their lives while the "cool kids" are now living miserable lives in a business cubicle filing paper work, or in the medical room cleaning a patient's feces, or in the office dealing with a self-entitled feminist boar and that one female coworker just waiting to sexually harass you or pressure the company with a sexual harassment lawsuit just to get you fired.

Weirdos have and always will change the world.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know I'm still pretty young. But yeah I think some 'weirdos' the nerdy ones, can end up being pretty successful

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends what type of weird we're talking about...
    smart weirdos/non conformists or gag weirdos

3|2
    0|0
  • I agree 100%

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I believe so. These people are usually the ones who have the best ideas. And many times, they're very smart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Weird people are too busy being weird. Do you think Bill Gates was ever called a weirdo?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep I do

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• "Weirdos" is pretty synonymous with "nonconformist". A conformist, by the very definition of the word, just conforms to everything and doesn't try to change anything. To want change and push for change, you have to be a nonconformist/weirdo.

1|2
    0|0
  • well take a look at Thomas Edison he was considered a freak, weirdo and complete loser for most of his young life yet he created the lightbulb and many other inventions some of which make up our technology today and had more patents and inventions then anyone else in the world. He did truly change the world.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it's true, because changing the world requires a lot of time focusing on something that other people probably aren't even thinking about. But it doesn't work the other way. There are plenty of weird people who never do anything useful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep I don't think those inventors were necessarily deemed normal in their time. They all have a bit of crazy in them before phones were invented Alexander Grambell wasn't exactly encouraged by others that he could invent a phone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very much so in this era - How many of the top 100 influential people in the world at the moment (Bill Gates etc) were probably derided as nerds in high school. Doing a quick scan of history how many gamechanger people can you say were described as "Cool", a few may have been "Charismatic" though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    Imagine a world without "weirdos", everyone's accomplishments would be very similar.

It's the "weirdos" with the abstract way of thinking that introduce and create new world changing ideas.

0|1
    0|0
  • yup, they make a big impact

0|1
    0|0
  • No, it's bullshit. Most of the world is changed by normal individuals who don't have insanely complex stories. The ones in history books deemed "weird" are often just normal people with extraordinary circumstances or opportunities.

Generally speaking people who actually have mental issues tend to NOT change the world and if anything hinder change.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it seems that way, they thought Steve Jobs was kind of strange and very quiet. Also Albert Einstein was thought to be really strange at times

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's just a coping mechanism weird people use. Weird people generally don't contribute much to society at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im strange, im gonna change the world.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes IRL, not on G@G

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much yet people still make fun of and ostracize them

0|1
    0|0