How much racism will I recieve if I move to florida?

I'm a mixed guy (3/4 black 1/4 white) and I am looking into colleges in florida, hopefully I get into UCF or Florida State. I'm afraid of the racism i'll receive there because here in Ohio we don't receive that much racism. Actually, no one has ever been racist to me. How much racism will I receive in Florida?

Most Helpful Girl

• The south is far less racist than the media makes it out to be. I lived in the NE , west coast and I have to say they are more racist than the south. FLA is way cool, warm all year and people have that southern hospitality. You most likely won't recieve racism unless you take every little thing as a racist act.

That depends on where in Florida as far as the southern hospitality that is.. It's not in southern Florida, believe me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in Florida and will be attending USF in the Spring. (I got accepted to UCF as well, but chose USF over UCF since Tampa Bay > Orlando).

Florida is highly diverse so you wouldn't have to worry too much about racism. In all honesty I'll be more concern about racism up North then down South. There's a reason why Blacks are moving out of Northern/Western states at an alarming rate and are moving back to the South.

The ONLY thing you need to concern yourself about is how you plan on adapting to his humidity. The humidity down here in Florida is unforgivable and its the #1 gripe that ALL Floridians have about the state.

What Girls Said 3

• Move to Miami Here, dear... Everyone Mixes and Matches and You will Fit in Like a Love Glove.
    Good luck and Great Place. xx

You don't live in Miami!

Behave and message me

@jman46241 lol!! I did and wow, You learn quick. xx

• Florida is pretty diverse don't worry

• I actually go to UCF so feel free to ask me any questions!
    Like a precious poster said, you won't receive any racism unless you take everything as a racist act. But honestly? It's florida. There's plenty of minorities, and especially at UCF, everyone is chill with them

Tbh I have friends who go to FSU- be warned they are a more conservative campus so you are more likely to experience racism there.

I looked into it, that person donated land so the university could be built.

I know. I'm not saying they should've taken it down, I'm just saying if people are easily triggered by things they consider racist fsu isn't the best place for them

What Guys Said 4

• Not much on a college campus. You really won't receive much at all unless you hang around lower income areas too much (regardless of color).

• It's the stand your ground state, so expect to be dodging bullets on your way to class. Racism may not be an issue because you're mixed and can probably lend in well. Just please survive. Im running out of fresh young black cadets to populate this website.

• I'm currently at a college here in Florida that's about 2 hours away from UCF, I'll be going to UCF next fall. I myself am White and the diversity of my friends is about even. There's minuscule or zero racism down here, there's only jokes haha!

• The south actually is not filled with racists.