Are you afraid of death?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you have to see it as a part of the life. Everybody dies so enjoy your life while you can.

Most Helpful Guy

• Fear of death can manifest in many different ways, direct or indirect. Examples of direct fear of death -rational or not- are the fear of heights, the fear of tight spaces, or the fear of the dark (feel free to hum along).

But mostly, death manifests itself indirectly, and those sources are the most debilitating. There's a whole school of therapists (and while I am a physicist, I will agree with them) that think anxiety about anything is a masked fear of death. The reason is this: let's say you're anxious about a petty quiz at school. You might wonder, how does that have anything to do with death? It certainly does to your primitive brain, because it follows a very complicated pattern of thought: you fail the test, drop out of your studies, you can't find a job, you can't feed yourself, you die. Our brain fails to comprehend that we are living in a society with many different safety measures in place, and that such bumps along the road are unlikely to lead to our demise. So I would say that the fear of failure is exactly the same as the fear of death.

You should read Irving Yaloms 'Overcoming the Terror of Death'. One of the best and most eye-opening reads I've ever read. Top that with Dale Carnegies 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' and I think those would be the two minimum books to accelerate your path to happiness.

What Girls Said 16

• I'd like to say no, but if I was faced with death I really don't know how I'd feel. I don't dwell on the thought of dying though

. I'm more scared of watching someone I love suffer while they are dying. I watched my father suffer when he died, and I'd hate to have to go through that emotional pain again. It makes you feel so helpless.

• Not at all, @Raveen.
    When One, hun, has the Love of The Lord in your Heart right from the Start... It feels Right.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• yes. but i'm not so sure it's the death that i'm afraid of. i think i'm more afraid of the regret. i don't really want to leave here, and even though we have to, i have to wonder why we are here at all if it's just going to be taken away from us?

• I am. The thought that after I die, everything will be over and that what I've done won't matter is really scary.

• No, I 'm afraid of the pain that comes with it.

• Yeah

• Yes & no. Death is inevitable though.

• I'm afraid of dying painfully or going to hell.

• Yes, I am. Very.

• Im just afraid of HOW I'm going to die, Im just scared of dying a painful death

• If death takes me by surprise, it's more than welcome.

• No, I am not.

• Why should we scared of it?

• I am not afraid of death, I am afraid of dying.

• No I'm not afraid

• when our bodies die it's painless, you're usually at peace, I've had near death experiences I excepted right away that I was probably going to die, my life flashed before my eyes, I was pregnant I saw myself in the hospital holding my unborn daughter then it went straight to me looking at my daughter at age two and she looked the exact same way she did at two years old. very weird. obviously I ended up not dying. a litttle background the tires were bold on the car it was a heavy rain storm and my ex was driving we spun out on the freeway going 80... just whipping this car trying to get it to stop. finally after 5 mins or less it stopped... we didn't hit one car, we Rhode the wall of the freeway and the car was perfectly fine so fine.. we were able to drive away I call that a miracle.

your body dies so fast what's their to be scared of you feel pain for a few seconds then its done.. being that close to death and if your mind is with it.. it should be pretty peaceful. also if you believe in after life you wouldn't be scared. its your soul leaving your body.

Beautiful True Story and Tank God you are alive, and Yes, a Miracle, along with God telling You and You and your loved Ones it was not your time this time. xxxo

What Guys Said 24

• Yes and no, death itself is scary because it is the end of everything I know now as normal and a distance away from family. But I know it isn't the end

• Nope, never have been afraid of that, nor anything really can think of. Beside, everybody dies, not like you can change or escape that. So just need to embrace it regardless.

• 0|1
  • No one is immortal... one day everyone had to die so why u are afraid of death.. enjoy ur life coz u get it once...

• it depends... when I'm old and I know the time comes... probably not. right now I'm not afraid either because I don't expect it to happen. but if I am lets say in a plane and something goes wrong and I know this might be my end... sure I'll be afraid

• Hard to say. I'm afraid of violent death. But if we're talking about some illness, it can be actually relief, so I'm not scared at all.

• Nah.. All people u see on GAG will die one day, bruh. Some slowly in pain and some will die peacefully.. 😎

• Virtually everyone who says that they aren't afraid of death are either a psychopath or they haven't been faced with death before. Or maybe they are parroting what they hear in the movies.

• Death is afraid to come near me. At least for now

• No, I'm sure that its not the end

• I'm not afraid of dying, but I'm afraid of the people that I care about dying

• The only reason why I'm afraid of death is because if I die then my cats will probebly end up being uthanized. I simply cannot let that happen.

• No, i know my treasure is in Heaven at least is where i want mine to be

• Of freaking course i am afraid of death.

• no if I have to choose death at this time itself then definitely I choose but it should be for some reason

• I'm afraid of an unloved life, not of death.

• Last thing I could be afraid of!

• In fact, Im ready to go!

• I dont give a fuck everyone dies

• i'm not afraid of death, but some methods which can cause my death do worry me a bit

• no matter what it is scary
    but i have faith in GOD so i know where im going

• I wait.
    Apently it happening when I'm 85 going to be struck by lighting.

• afraid? nah, he seems like a pretty fun guy in all the movies and stuff :D

• No, being dead actually sounds quite awesome, assuming it's just nothingness.
    scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...37334324_n.png