How do you feel when you just CAN'T change something you really want it to be different?

How do you feel and what do you do to feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• (Incoming long winded rant that may or may not apply here lol.)
    I thought about this.
    I felt at some point really frustrated with myself and dare say had a sort of self-loathing from it. "Why am I awkward? Why am I so shy? Why can't I do this/that?" Whatever. We all want to a perfect in the end I suppose.

The only way to really change it for good is to change the mind's perspective on it. We may/may not be able to change the trait, but we can change our reaction to it. Anything else just treats symptoms.

in my opinion, what's something to realize is that perfection is a goal we can't achieve, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it. I also believe self acceptance is important, but that doesn't mean you need to limit yourself to being stagnant and saying "I can't change."

Essentially, be happy with your current self now, and be happy with your future self too. Even if you do change into the ideal you imagine, realize that your present self still has a far many more positive points than negative points.

Also, some things we can't really change. That's alright too. I would say that it is these things that make us who we are as a person, and if we were to change things we would lose a sense of self. It's the combination of our good points and flaws that make us unique, like a passcode to a lock. Likewise, some core traits of ourselves that we think are negatives in our life may be more positive than we expect. Many things in life are double edged swords.

Throwing despair at ourselves or holding pity only causes us to go stagnant and gives us the exact opposite effect of what we desire. It leads us into the thought of "we can't change" and then to the thought of self hate... And self hate is not a good thing.

Some things in life are handed to us. Our presented choice may not be necessarily how to change it, but rather how to react to it.

Going back to your question, it's after these kinds of thoughts that make me feel ok with who I am today. There are things I can't change, though I can imagine an ideal. I strive for the ideal as well, but I have accepted who I am today as I accept any changes that come forth. I do not harbor the self loathing I once had, because I changed my mindset. I'm not perfect with it, but I don't claim to ever be.

Most Helpful Girl

• With Hard Work and Perseverance, and being Motivated and Strong Willed... Anyone Under this God Lovin' Sun, can Change and Arrange and RE-arrange.
    If a Body, Anybody, wants to Make a "Change" in His or Her own life, its Mind over Matter, Wise or Not, That is the Key to Getting out of a Rough Nut Rut.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 16

• I feel bad but it depends on the type of change that you want. If you wanna change something about you personally, socially, etc. then I would say that it's hard to change the way u are. But it feels bad when u can't change something that u really want to be different. In my case, it hurts emotionally. But you live, you learn, and you move on.

• I try and find a way around it or make it easier. Basically saying "fuck you" to it.

• I just move on , I don't bother myself with the things I can't do because there are a lot of things I can do

• Ga gaaaaay!

Either I'll accept it and move on without dwelling on, or if it's actually changeable I'll try ;)

• I feel like life is unfair but then I remember that that is just the way things are, and there are only two ways of approaching these feelings: Accept it, or wallow in self-pity.

• Frustrated but it's not something to dwell on, try to watch some comedies on tv

Thanks but I wish it was something that can be healed by comedies

Well that can cheer you up some but if what is bothering you cannot be changed then it's best not to to dwell on it but try to adapt or focus on what can be changed

• Frustrated, Miserable.
    I try to focus on the positive things, talk to my best friend, keep myself busy with work!

• That's life. I would try to think of ways to work around it or with it.

• I invent it's solution in my mind

• The earlier you understand and accept the circumstance, the easier it'll be to keep moving forward without being distracted by it.

• What you tryna change dood?

• nothing, i just suffer, lol

• well, sucks obviously... you need to learn to accept it and move on

• Despair. Infinite Despair. Also, hungry.

• I get on my B4T MOBILE and drive around

• I crawl up the walls from that. I hate it.

What Girls Said 4

• I feel very frustrated and sad that I can't doing to change it, whatever that may be. I just try do distract myself and get it off my mind

• I suck it up

• I feel sad

• Very frustrated and sad