Do you believe in psychics?

I never used to be superstitious at all, but I went to a psychic for the first time on Friday and what she told me was mind-blowingly accurate.

She asked if I could bring an heirloom with significantly personal meaning, and as I awkwardly sat down in her room, she asked me to hold it. It was a pair of cuffs my late aunt had left me.

She held my hand and asked whether there was anyone I longed to see, and without me answering she said "That girl from France you're thinking of will re-enter your life before you know it. The years that lead up to your reunion are meant for you." I didn't quite understand. She went on: "She forgives you but is still in pain, you'll likely meet somewhere fortuitously."

This freaked me out because she's speaking about this girl in France I used to know really well and like just as much. I had fallen in love with her but I had to let her go, so I had blocked her.

There no way in hell this psychic knew anything about this girl before... it was my first time and I certain no one has spoken to her --- because I've never spoken about this girl to ANYONE.

God I'm so weirded out.

1mo No one has bothered to explain how then this psychic knew about the girl in France... because there is one.

Most Helpful Girl

• they CAN be real but from what I've noticed is that real or true clairvoyant or medium won't ask for money or material gains and a lot of people with those abilities are very private and concerned with public ridicule or doubt. so as fun as they may seem to listen to and regardless of how on point they appear with details of your life, take it all with a grain of salt.
    it amazes me how many people doubt Gods existence but will believe in psychics to guide them

I disagree... because I think anyone providing a service deserves to be paid. I mean, don't nurses get paid? Doctors? Housekeepers? Makes no sense. I'm not into psychics but I do write and edit things and somehow I find it fascinating how people think as writers we should work for free, that's such an insult to anyone in any profession, period. Unless, that i, you work for free.

i agree. i was mostly referring to the ones who do it over the phone for $3.99/min and other cheesy rip off hotlines. i feel like true psychics should be a little more serious and professional which would help more people interested in their services and willing to pay for them if they werent being compared to deceitful con artist businesses that are out there

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• I'm in the middle about it. I think they could be real but I don't currently believe without a doubt.

• No I don't at all.

• Nah, a lot of the time they make generalized statements that could apply to anyone in any situation. "The years that lead up to your reunion are meant for you" - that could mean anything, which is the point

But how on Earth did she know about a girl in France, and that something had happened?

• I'm a skeptic but I decided to go to a psychic just for shits and giggles. She was so accurate it was scary.

• nope

• Not at all

• If this stuff was real we would have proof by now. So with the absense of proof it can be assumed false

What Guys Said 15

• You might enjoy this video. It's quite touching :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF7g0d4VSYQ

And yes I do. If one looks without prejudice (ie without materialistic conditioning), there is definitely a lot of evidence to support it. But it is a total impossibility from the materialistic world view!

• yes it will be weird to hear for the for the first time, i have had several psychic readings done on me over the years. aparently im supposed to: win the lottery in my country, win the heart of a girl who cucked me for years and get married to her and have kids. lets put it this way dont take it all to heart, im still waiting for the winning lottery ticket. some things will come true some things won't its all down to your actions/inaction thats the future as they see it. just remember the song: que sera sera (whatever will be will be) the futures not ours to see.

• No, they'd be winning the lottery all the time if they knew the future. Also knowing which scratch cards to buy...
    I say they put their mouth where their money is.

• What the... how is that even possible? someone has must been told her about your France chick man, because that is impossible

It really isn't, it is as possible as it can get.

@FemaleAssassin are you talking about, reading lines of hands? because that is haram

I'm more than certain no one went to see her. I went to a psychic in the town I'm studying, where none of my family members have been yet... it's impossible for anyone to have known and told her beforehand.

• In my experiences with psychics, I have found a few that were dead on and they knew things that no one could know or predict.
    While it is sketchy field, there are some genuine people out there that do have a connection of some kind.

• May I suggest some reading?

Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan

• Nnnnnnnnope.

• yes , I do.

• So I misread this as physics.

• I do believe in psychics.

• there are no psychics
    just an outside entity that knows your life better then you think
    and she speaks to it and it speaks back to her
    it told her about you

• Nope...

Question, where are you located?

South-West England.

Interesting, there is nothing available to point to that suggest people are able to "read minds" (in the psychic sense) or see into the "future" seeing as fate most likely does not exist. For someone to be able to see into future would mean that time is on a fixed scale where every event that happens is supposed to happen and wouldn't happen any other way.

As nice as it may sound, I doubt that psychic can explain accordingly how they were able to "know" what you were thinking which leaves me to believe it was possibly guess work. These people have done this for years, it's a profession. There is no telling what methods they have which allow them to make educated guesses without truly knowing anything. Ask them when is the next time it will rain and see if they're correct - because if they truly are psychic, that should be easy.

• Ofcourse no. I am a foqing atheist. They use some methods but they are not supernatural.

• Why don't psychics ever win the lottery?

• no only dopey people do.