Why do dogs put their tongue up your nose?

this is very weird, but every time he gives me doggie kisses he sticks his tongue up my nose. is this normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dogs who are Yippy, Happy and Bouncy... Lick and Stick their Tongues, Big or Small, All over the Place, Including your Face.
    I have Seen Some dogs put their Nose inside someone's Crotch Pants and Just... Sniff. I guess it 's just Instinct and Hopefully, no Stink.
    Good luck and Great question, @kelly83 xx

thanks :D

Thanks for the "Lick and the Like."lolxx

Thank you, hun, for the Vote of Confidence, and in a few Weeks, more Tweaks and Turkey, With Chester, The Jumping No Mean Bean. xxoo

What Guys Said 8

• Having worked around wolves for ten years, I can tell you that canines are very visceral creatures. Your fart isn't gross to them. They smell your crotch for a reason. Your dog probably tasted a salty boogar and liked it. You might think that is gross, but that dog would die for you. His ancestors were wild wolves that would kill to protect their own.

I'm not saying to let him pick your nose with his tongue. You can move your face and not allow it. He will eventually get it. Although he will sneak it from time to time.

• Not sure really why, yeah it's normal, I think they may do it to get your boogers or because they know it makes you giggle and squirm when they do it

• You might do well to clean out your nostrils every now and again!

• Yeah, my dog kisses me on the nose. He probably needs reading glasses.

• maybe he likes the taste of your boogers lol

• That is not normal. You zoophile. :/

dude. it's gross. i've never met a dog that does this.

• better question is why do you let him

What Girls Said 5

• hmm well my dog loves to lick my legs and i googled and found that they like to lick the salt on peoples skin so maybe your nose is salty? lol

• How about stop your dog licking your face.

• cats would never do such a thing

• Eww thats gross to let dogs kiss you.

• My dog never sticks his tongue up my nose.