How to get rid of fleas in the home?

To summarize, my roommate's dog introduced fleas to our house. This wasn't an issue last year. She waited a few weeks to start treating, but by then they were everywhere. Now they're in my room, the bathroom, the other roommates room, the kitchen. Everywhere! I get bitten at night and wake up with bites all over my legs and arms. Also, there's a chance they will get on my pets, which are strictly inside. And then who will pay for that medicine?
My roommate started treating the problem, but mostly her room.
What do I do? It's getting worse.
I vacuum frequently to pick up eggs and fleas on the floor, but I'm getting so desperate as they bite me more and more. I don't know what product is safe for my pets, which are rodents. I've never had to deal with this before, and I'm desperate.
Without moving house, what do I to be rid of these blood suckers.
How to get rid of fleas in the home?

1mo Update: She used something on her dog that is killing the dog's fleas, but now they're around the house and have resorted to biting humans. Because my room is right next the roommate with the dog's room, I think they're leaving her room (which she's sprayed for) and loving mine (which has me plus my pets)
She has said I could use her product. Hopefully, this will kill them. If not, I will ask her to pay for an exterminator.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes this is the only thing that gets rid of fleas and you may have to resort to using it..

ep.yimg.com/.../zodiac-fogger-3-pack-33.jpg

Do you know if it's safe for pets to be around?

You use it when no pets or humans are in the home , You wait 2 hours than go back in the housing but you do need to leave when you use it.. You definitely need to use something cause flea bites can be detrimental if left untreated.. I seen a family who had fleas that their little relative was staying with them and they was bit up all over..

This is safe to take all pets back in the house once it reaches 2 hours.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your roomie needs to pay to have an exterminator come in. If they're that bad there's no point in wasting money on sprays and bombs. Then you ALL need to do the follow up work and get rid of them for good.

Call your vet about your rats and find out what needs to be done for them.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm sorry no one has replied yet lol. Well first u realllly need to make sure none of the pets have fleas. Buy them anti-flea collars. Then buy flea spray at home depot or Walmart. Then what you wanna do is vacume, wash ur carpets with a vacume machine, wash all ur blankets. And it should be good. I've had the same problem and this worked for me. Goodluck

• Hahahahaha. Flea. Nice.

If they're so bad that they're on the floor/in the carpet... you probably need to bomb your place.

(Insecticide bomb, not like a nuke...)

Haha, glad it's only insecticide, I kinda like the walls and ceiling the way they are, haha.

• You need to keep your roommate's dog out side while it's treated with flea medicine and a flea collar. With the dog out side you need to treat the inside of your house with flea fogger's. When using flea foggers it's best to use one fogger per room and set them off all at the same time. Once your done fogging your house you simply vacuum all carpets and wipe everything down, than you should be flea free. Also make sure not to bring your roommates dog inside till your 100% certain it's flea free, otherwise you'll just get fleas again.
    i5.walmartimages.com/.../...42774c03e166f4d53.jpeg

• Google it. You'll find all sorts of ways to get rid of them. Theyre most likely on pets already.

Also give your roommate shit and tell her she needs to start regularly using flea meds on her fleabag. Or if she refuses I would move out, people may not want to be around you if you're covered in fleabites and potentially fleas.

Right @posted, I don't want to be around myself. I look disgusting :/

Well it's more the chance of just getting it from someone and bringing it to your home. She needs to constantly give her dog a flea collar or something after this.

• Pfft lmao you didn't have to go anon for this

• Play some heavy metal

• You need to use Front line on your pets and a flea bomb in the house, but you need to leave the house for awhile before you can use that

What Girls Said 2

• 😕 poor thing.
    If it's gotten that bad you're being bitten in your sleep then your housemate needs to pay for a professional pest controller to come fumigate. On the same day you need to give flea control to all of the animals (hers and yours) and wash all of their bedding in hot water.
    It's a pain but unless everything is done the problem just grows.

• They sell special sticks for that. And give the dog an anti flee band