Would you ever go to a bar ALONE?

Let's say you wanted a drink and to spend some time alone at s bar would you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes , nobody cares that your alone. When im alone is when people try to talk to me. When im with a group at the bar i might get a nod if anything. Im a guy though.

It would probably be different if you are a girl though. It would be smart to to bring a friend in case things get too wild or a guy is giving you trouble.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean i'm 15 lmao, but later when I can drink I probably wouldn't really hit up a local bar alone, only with friends, if I was traveling, I can see myself just going to a bar near the hotel i'm staying at and just relaxing and taking like one drink.
    I don't get what the big deal is, but regardless of when you're with someone or not, never leave your drink. If you have to pee, take it with you, or just get a new drink.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 31

• Yes... I normally did... as I went up their to see my girlfriend... bartender.

I only ever went drinking with my one buddy... good wing man. Most guys I know are dicks when they drink... and I don't know many girls that drink... and none that can hang with me when drinking.

If you just want to drink and be alone. You'd need to go to a small local bar, not a club/restaurant bar.

• Countless times. If I'm with friends or relatives, why not stay home and drink - cheaper, more comfortable, no tipping, and I can drink exactly what I want exactly how I like it. But if I'm alone, then it makes sense to go out somewhere so I can talk to people and be sociable.

• I often do and I never I have any trouble - It is quite interesting to be in different bars - In Belgium, I drank in bar where I was only white person and I have drank in loads of gay bars - I must say I was welcome in all of them.

• Sometime it nice to have a few scotches and view the talent.

• I went once alone, ended up watching the football game with everyone there lol, was fun.

How about I just take you to a Starbucks instead bby x

• Yeah. In fact, I have - numerous times. Granted, I hardly go to the bar anymore. But when I was younger, I would do that every now and then.

• No, I'd go to the liquor store alone and pay a fraction of the price for ten times as much alcohol. Then I'd go home and listen to whatever music I want at whatever volume I want. People who drink at bars DESERVE to be poor.

• If I finished my physics class and life is turning depressing and shit I'd go alone lol

I don't like going alone I usually hang out with my friends

• I did that my first weekend here when I moved to uni. It works if you are pretty sociable and don't act autistic.

• What about if you just wanna sit there alone and drink?

• Yeah story of my life

• Women are savage dude. I rather have an issue with a big ass black dude named tyrone trying to fuck me up because I looked at his girl wrong than to deal with the drama that a lot of women start. Fck that.

• I did it in my first year of grad school.

• I don't drink often enough to go to a bar alone and plus that's bloody expensive.

• Meh, i do that sometimes, like, going out, smoking a cigarette, enjoying the OUTSIDE world once in a while, instead being all focused in this non stop workaholic life.

• Sure what do I care?

• Never done it before because I have always had someone to go with but i might start doing so just for the experience.

• No I don't like going to bars. If I want a drink ill drink at home

• I don't go to bars because I don't drink alcoholic drinks.

• once for a concert

• of course

• I usually go with friends, its not fun alone.

• Definitely! I really enjoy doing this on occasion actually. Therapeutic.

• I used to do a lot my studying in a bar

• No. But i could leave my group and move solo into another bar.

• Yeah sure i would, people always come and talk to me.

• Definitely

• I've done that.

• never would go to a bar

• no thank you

• I never went to a bar

• I went once

• I did it a lot recently. I know it is not healthy, but I can't help it. I reached that point that others company makes me sick, since most in my group are couples and I've never had a girlfriend in my entire life.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 21

• Honestly no, because they're further than I want them to be so when I go out with friends thats making an effort

• Nope, it's not my scene in the first place, so if I don't have anyone to go with, I wouldn't be there.

• I used to go to the pub to watch hockey when there was a game on that I wanted to watch and my friends were busy. When I lived by myself I couldn't justify paying for cable just to watch a few hockey games here and there.

• Were they bad experiences?

• No. All the staff knew me tho because my friends and I went there a lot, so I'd just have a couple beers, eat some food and watch the game and they'd chat with me a bit.

• Sports Bar, yes.

Any other bar? Meh, probably not.

• I don't even go to bars with friends let alone go by myself lol

• Nope. Too many desperate sexually deprived men out there who don't even know what they are capable of when they see a woman completely alone. .. creepy world out there to be going to such places alone!

• Noo haha I hate being alone

• Sure... I'd feel safe too.

• If I wanted to get a drink alone, I would buy a bottle and have some at home. No need to talk to people, no need to dress up, and it's cheaper as well.

• Only if I'm feeling reckless.

... Actually, not even then.

• Yup, do it all the time!

• Not after the scary night I had this past weekend. Do not go alone. Learn from my mistakes

• What happened?

• @zagor I don't want to say exactly, but it is in a small town in the South.

• I haven't spent much time in small towns in the South. Never found much reason to...

• Nah, I wouldn't hang around there by myself.

• Yeah at a normal bar not a pub

• i saw an old movie called Looking For Mr. Goodbar.
    After the way it ended i would say no!~

• Meh I would if I wanted to.

• I did several times. Live jazz/blues concerts etc.. My friends were working at the bar tho :)

• yeah if i was depressed and just wanted to drink it away LOL

• I would.

• i would

• never, maybe i am planing this.