When you feel lost, what brings you back to serenity?

On a yearly basis I go through a phase in life where I feel nothing seems right... Seconds later I find myself cruising at 70 on a motorway which usually ends up in Scotland, 12 hours away from home... The drive seems to calm me and give a little initiative.
What helps you when you're feeling troubled?

Most Helpful Guy

• Food.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yoga and volunteering. Brings me peace and perspective

I've tried volunteering but its such a hassling process to get started! As in there are many regulations before you can even begin... surely its supposed to be easier..

It is to get started but once you're in it's pretty easy. And it's extra incentive for me to go regularly to keep my status or else I have to start again which would be frustrating

What Guys Said 17

• a nice country drive calms me for sure so does...
    family, friends, wife and daughter
    music (listening and playing)
    being out in nature
    writing
    watching a movie
    reading a book

• Pick an aspect of my life that I want to improve on and do it.

I'm a little of the same. I basically had a mental breakdown and just upright quit my job when I was in the middle of getting a promotion. Now I'm doubling down on my studying since I have more free time. I also exercise a lot and so I'm trying to push myself to do a new routine to keep my mind preoccupied

• I write a new guitar riff. It only helps for so long because I don't have a band around me. But at this point I'm pretty sure I could be a state wide touring musician if I could only find a drummer, bass player, and backup guitarists who put in the effort I do.

• All kinds of music. Filming trains and stations which is my hobby. Running around the park.

• I play basketball to get my mind off things. It's feels so great everytime I play it. That's why I try to play it everyday.

• music, working out in the gym, solitude

• i sleep it away

• yoga

• Music and the ocean.

• The gym.

• Smoking a really, really good cigar as the professional high quality stuff is crazy good, makes you weak in the knee's sends shivers down your spine and salivates your mouth.

Or a nice pot of good quality tea, full leaf obviously.

• Jesus christ, don't bite me, damn those eyes.
    Literally just that, driving.
    Either that or i get stuck into work, try something new like motorcycling or scuba diving

I had to dress up at work for Halloween. Starting my motorbike lessons soon :)

My sister is a biker and sponsored by Ducati, she's teaching me the right way :)

Yuuuuuus, that's gonna be awesome. I need to get a bike again, i used to ride around in circles when i lived in hawaii lol, but now... mainLAND US thank god.

• Playdoh and coloring books.

• nope, this shit ain't happening to me. even if it did i rather make it right than being worthless

What are you referring to? Everybody has their ups and downs. I was simply asking how people deal with their own.

and i m telling you, not feel lost. that's simple enough i guess

• This is a very dangerous activity.

How so?

My emotions are fully under control. National limit is 70 on a motorway in England.

Then go ahead and do as you please.

• You mean motivation?
    I've been lost for a long time and I'm still looking for motivation

• Driving, praying, mediating, bath

What Girls Said 1

• Music, painting or working out always seems to bring me back where I need to be ^^