When you feel lost, what brings you back to serenity?

On a yearly basis I go through a phase in life where I feel nothing seems right... Seconds later I find myself cruising at 70 on a motorway which usually ends up in Scotland, 12 hours away from home... The drive seems to calm me and give a little initiative.
What helps you when you're feeling troubled?

0|0
2|18

Most Helpful Guy

• Food.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yoga and volunteering. Brings me peace and perspective

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I've tried volunteering but its such a hassling process to get started! As in there are many regulations before you can even begin... surely its supposed to be easier..

• 1mo

It is to get started but once you're in it's pretty easy. And it's extra incentive for me to go regularly to keep my status or else I have to start again which would be frustrating

What Guys Said 17

• a nice country drive calms me for sure so does...
    family, friends, wife and daughter
    music (listening and playing)
    being out in nature
    writing
    watching a movie
    reading a book

1|0
    0|0
  • Pick an aspect of my life that I want to improve on and do it.

I'm a little of the same. I basically had a mental breakdown and just upright quit my job when I was in the middle of getting a promotion. Now I'm doubling down on my studying since I have more free time. I also exercise a lot and so I'm trying to push myself to do a new routine to keep my mind preoccupied

1|0
    0|0
  • I write a new guitar riff. It only helps for so long because I don't have a band around me. But at this point I'm pretty sure I could be a state wide touring musician if I could only find a drummer, bass player, and backup guitarists who put in the effort I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • All kinds of music. Filming trains and stations which is my hobby. Running around the park.

1|0
    0|0
  • I play basketball to get my mind off things. It's feels so great everytime I play it. That's why I try to play it everyday.

1|0
    0|0
  • music, working out in the gym, solitude

1|0
    0|0
  • i sleep it away

1|0
    0|0
  • yoga

1|0
    0|0
  • Music and the ocean.

1|0
    0|0
  • The gym.

1|0
    0|0
  • Smoking a really, really good cigar as the professional high quality stuff is crazy good, makes you weak in the knee's sends shivers down your spine and salivates your mouth.

Or a nice pot of good quality tea, full leaf obviously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jesus christ, don't bite me, damn those eyes.
    Literally just that, driving.
    Either that or i get stuck into work, try something new like motorcycling or scuba diving

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I had to dress up at work for Halloween. Starting my motorbike lessons soon :)

• Show All
    • 1mo

My sister is a biker and sponsored by Ducati, she's teaching me the right way :)

• 1mo

Yuuuuuus, that's gonna be awesome. I need to get a bike again, i used to ride around in circles when i lived in hawaii lol, but now... mainLAND US thank god.

• Playdoh and coloring books.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, this shit ain't happening to me. even if it did i rather make it right than being worthless

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

What are you referring to? Everybody has their ups and downs. I was simply asking how people deal with their own.

• 1mo

and i m telling you, not feel lost. that's simple enough i guess

• This is a very dangerous activity.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

How so?

• Show All
    • 1mo

My emotions are fully under control. National limit is 70 on a motorway in England.

• 1mo

Then go ahead and do as you please.

• You mean motivation?
    I've been lost for a long time and I'm still looking for motivation

0|0
    0|0
  • Driving, praying, mediating, bath

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Music, painting or working out always seems to bring me back where I need to be ^^

1|0
    0|0