Is this taking feminism too far?

Is this taking feminism too far?
Seriously Jesus wasn't a woman. That's just ridiculousness.

• Too far
  • No, I believe Jesus was a woman
  • Not only do I believe Jesus was a woman but George Washington was too

Most Helpful Guy

• So what? The catholic church depicts Jesus as a white guy with light brown hair. That's just as absurd as having a female Jesus.

What Girls Said 15

• Damnit OP. I had to go look up the picture to contextualize it and now I know crucifixion porn is apparently A Thing. So thanks ever so for sharing your weird porn and making all our lives just a little worse.

It wasn't porn where I found it

It was in an article about the revival of an early American branch of Christianity where they worshipped Christ as a woman.
      Apparently it's getting popular again amongst feminists

So they decided to use a picture from a pornographer?

• Feminism is taking feminism too far XD

Well, you already said what i wanted to say. no point repeating.

• Well... now I don't know... with his abnormally Lon hair and all.. maybe he was indeed a woman... 😯!! 😯!!! anyway!! Lol Regardless of the sex, humans are real monsters.. how could they do that to another human and the rest of the people not do anything to stop it.. sad pathetic world full of horrible humans. 😭😭😭😭!!!

• he's also depicted as a white man although he was not white. It is not to do with people saying Jesus is a woman, it is showing him to be a God of all people and how he represents everyone. If you search you can find many different versions of Jesus, which represents how he is a God of all of human kind. Also in the time Jesus was alive, women wouldn't have been listened too, hence why he was a man. If it happened again today, who knows what he would be

• Dude that's just one fucking picture and nowhere does it suggest that Jesus was a man.

• dude, that is just way tooo much narcissism. feminists are not gods.

• I'm not religous, but that's gone too far.
    During the Roman era many people were crucified, but none were given a crown of thorns, only the guy known as the Nazarene/Nazarean.

• And cookie monster is a woman too by the way

• How how do you know Jesus was a man

Every account of his existence is of him being a man.
      "son of god"

@BlueCoyote whatever, there's no need to get sand in your vagina over it. Jesus...

Well, I believe I remained very civil here. But as you please.

• Sure.

• I don't think anyone thinks Jesus was a girl...

Clearly there are people who do

It's a female depicted as Jesus

Why dose it even matter man? So what if they did?

• It's just stupid. Who would wanna be Jesus anyway? That ^ doesn't look appealing.

• Sorry, not religious

• How stupid can you be? there is a scientific evidence that Jesus was a male but I guess there are lot of crazy people out there and you can't stop them!!

• I believe that Jesus was a man, buy hey, that was a long time ago so I guess anything is possible

What Guys Said 15

• Feminism is a former shell of what it was, its kinda sad

• Feminism itself is too far.

• doesn't bother me as i never believed in that story anyway but what i will say is that its maybe mad to say it was a girl but only as mad as the imagery of him as a white guy thats been used for hundreds of years

• There are many different writings including the Bible and Quran and they only refer to Jesus as a man.

• You can't take feminists seriously anyway.

• Lots of people have been crucified. Armenian women were crucified by Turks around the time of WW I.

• Religion, by definition is ridiculous... ergo, it's no more ridiculous than any other thing about religion.

• What's thebackstory to this? I doubt it's supposed to say Jesus was a woman..

• Looks like bdsm porn

• Yeah it was probably because of feminists

But if you think about it, he (or she) was never given a specific gender...

Yes he was. "son of god"

• Reminds me of the Piss Christ exhibit from the young British artists era of art.

• Didn't Modest Mouse say, "God is a Woman."

No they did not. And if they did, they are wrong. What are you some sort of a feminist?

How can you say, "No they did not." and then directly say, "But if they did." And how would you know God's gender or lack there of, anyhow? The world is just full of people who have no idea what they're talking about.

• W. H. A. T. T. H. E. F. U. C. K. I. M. O. U. T.

• I don't think they're saying Jesus was a woman

• It's also incorrect because supposedly she should have been black, since "supposedly" god is actually a black woman, right?