Does anyone else hate "bar etiquette"?

Me and some peeps went to a bar the other night and it seems like every time I order drinks at a bar I feel stupid.

I understand the whole "bar etiquette" in terms of.. know the right terms, know what you want, etc. But bartenders are such pretentious assholes about what drinks people order.

Like every bartender I know (and I know a LOT) seems to expect all their patrons to have an encyclopedic knowledge of what drinks are and are not socially acceptable, how to order etc.

Am I the only one who notices and hates this? So what if I like blue Hawaiians.. amirite?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bar tenders are pretentious ass holes. Excuse me, you make drinks, for dollar tips, you're not a doctor. You're right.

Most Helpful Girl

• Coming from a bartender... most are lazy and like to make simple drinks and make what they have readily available to them. Or they tend to be assholes to females because girls typically go for fruity mixed drinks. Or come into the bar asking (what's good or can you make something sweet but not this flavor or what do you recommend... surprise me). Asking for a blue Hawaiian, mojito, martini or a mule drink requires more work. I don't mind though... I like creating new stuff. However guys order drinks it's a typical jack and coke, rum and coke, scotch etc. quick and easy.

What Guys Said 8

• I definitely read the whole "Like every bartender I know (and I know a LOT)" in a Donald Trump voice haha. And for me I just order rum and coke so I don't really have the issue but I feel ya.

• Never noticed it but the only thing I order is whiskey and diet coke so all they have to do is pour it over ice in a glass.

• Just means your bartenders aren't as good as they think they are and get bored, with the usual drinks. I've never had a good bartender take issue to me wanting a standard commercial drink.

• I have no idea what you're talking about 😂

• Well look whos back again? :)

I never noticed anything like that.

• Never noticed that.

• Go to a shitter bar then the bartender just keep there mouth shut and bring you your drinks untell you get thrown out

• Or women drinking beer

What Girls Said 2

• I'm a bartender and I literally do not care what people order. You like what you like so who cares

• lol yea that s silly XD