Anyone feel anxious when winter is coming/changes are happening?

Just curious. I always get a little anxious about darker and colder weather. Also the changes in life makes me feel the same way. Lonely and stressed.
How do you prevent feeling it and is it something you get used to or learn to avoid?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know right? I've been feeling the same, and i was just saying this all yesterday. It's like this weekend has done a weird turnover.. the weather changed so suddenly.. Friday it was sunny and yesterday it was all foggy. I don't think I've felt this anxious before.

Even I'm not sure what to do. I made a good cup of ginger milk tea yesterday and it soothed me a bit. Warmth both inside and outside will make you feel better. Get some hugs, drink tea or hot chocolate, and talk to friends. Maybe hit up an old friend so you get a bit nostalgic. That's better than this weird anxiety. And wear something colourful. The brightness on you will help combat the haze on other things.

What Guys Said 16

• I don't get anxious but I do get depressing feeling. haven't seen the sun in a few days it's been dark and gloomy. No leaves on the trees anymore and nothing is greeen which reminds me of death. I just live with it can't change anything since it's going to happen.

• I used to, but then I began to think about the benefits of winter:
    --Snow in the nearby mountains for ski trips
    --Sleeping with my lady, bundling up under the sheets and saving on the utility bills. (In the summer it is often just too darned hot for intercourse)

Perhaps it is the lonliness, rather than the change of seasons, that is really making you anxious. A lonely winter would be a bummer.

• Actually I like the transition to winter. Feels surreal.

• I love winter, but unfortunately in Germany, it doesn't get that cold... at least not like Canada winter

• 1|0
  • I LOVE winter, and the season changes in general.

As for the stress part, I've learned not to worry about things beyond my control (this doesn't always work though).

• I don't like Winter when it's snowed out and you can't get out to go any where totally depressing, I don't like the short days and long nights.

• no, on the contrary.. I usually wind up with a girlfriend around January through February for some odd reason

• For me it doesn't make me feel anxious. I tend to like the dark anyway.

I have always enjoyed the changing seasons, it always makes me think of starting new and fresh.

• Anxiety, no but I hate winter because of how cold it gets and Chicago is predicted to get a bad winter this year. Plus snow and ice sucks to drive in. It keeps people in and unlike summer/spring, when it's cold at day, it gets even colder at night. Whereas in the summer, if it's warm during the day, the cool breeze at night feels great.

• Winter has been coming since book 1 and still hasn't arrived 😫

• I'm still trapped in heat. I welcome it. I love wearing jackets and sweatshirts/sweaters. Too bad I live in a place where you only need a sweatshirt for like one maybe two months... This year maybe none...

• Changes in life at 24? That is a word used for menopause, and that doesn't seem plausible at your age.

One thing you may or may not learn as you mature, is that there is no point is worrying or stressing over things you have no control over. Focus on the things you do, and make yourself the best you can be. Make something worthwhile of yourself - pursue your interests with vigor, be enthusiastic.

You'll forget about the dodrums weather. Curl up by a fireplace with a good book.

• 29d

Yeah if I had a fireplace. But I guess candles will do. I am just a highly sensitive person so everything affects me more than normally. I also get very glad and positive about sunshine and snow, so I can enjoy winter too.

• nope. i actually prefer the colder weather over the sweatty warmth of the summer xD

• Nope.

• They are all the same to me.

What Girls Said 9

• I love winter. My allergies are way better and I can take super hot baths <3

Seriously though it sounds like you might have Seasonal Affect Disorder. It's super common and doing things like using bulbs and lamps that mimic the sun can actually help a lot. You can also pop into see your doctor and they can talk about various options too.

• I will tell you a secret. You need to invest in thermal underwear, like top and bottom. Start wearing them now. You'll feel a lot warmer throughout the day and you will just feel better. I started wearing them and nobody can tell but I feel much better! Try it! Here are some good ones: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...827d99263c.jpg

• I suffer from depression at times. And it has nothing to do with the winter. The winter can be lonely time especially if your single. So i can see why u can feel this way

• I love winter though sometimes I feel depressed for nothing.

• Yes me too ;)

• Doesn't bother me. You shouldn't worry about things out of your control, it'll make you sick. Enjoy it, Mother Nature is beautiful, and watching her breathe is amazing!

• 29d

Well, I know, it is just that the darkness makes me less energetic and I would want to hold someone. But I am single so I guess I will just have to deal with it as always.

• 29d

Haha, hope so too. I am just very very selective when it comes to guys and I dump my dates too fast if I feel something is missing. Maybe one day. It should be worth it.

• 29d

Thanks for your kind words :)

• I love winter

• I have this feeling too and i think i might be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder. For me it's just that I really love sun and daylight and when it gets colder and days get shorter I would really love to be a bear and sleep through winter :/

• No, I actually love terrible weather, it's my favourite haha! Makes me very happy. But I feel like that when autumn arrives.. ugh. Freaks me out a bit how time flies. I guess what helps is cheering yourself up with cute seasonal clothes/boots/makeup styles, and it doesn't make it seem so bad :)