Are Girls Attractive When We First Wake Up?

My landlord had to shut off our water heaters for repairs on the pipes today. The guy they sent to turn mine off woke me up knocking at the door. I was all groggy and bleary-eyed, and I didn't have my glasses on, but I clearly saw him take a double-take at me on his way out. (I have super powers when it comes to telling if someone is checking me out or if I just have pizza on my face). Makes me feel fine as hell that someone thinks I'm attractive first thing in the morning. Do all guys have a thing for girls who just woke up or does it depend?

• Girls are more attractive when they first wake up
  • Girls are less attractive when they first wake up
  • Girls are equally attractive when they first wake up
  • It depends on the girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes! During the day, she's normally worried about her appearance and all her insecurities are abuzz. So when she's ultra relaxed and not particularly worried her appearance? Turn-on. When she's all cute in comfy night clothes that hide her body from view but yet allow easy access to everything? Turn-on. Her groggy voice, all raspy. Turn-on. The "mmmms" she makes in that voice? Turn-on. When her hair is disheveled and unwashed-off makeup is still there like after we just did it? Huge turn-on. Quite honestly, the only likely negative is morning breath... luckily mouths have a use beyond kissing.

This is great for female self-esteem everywhere. Obviously nobody has told girls this before because half of us think we look worse in the morning

It's been really cool chatting with you. I'll be glad to run into you here again. Best wishes!

• 28d

Thanks so much for MHO!

What Guys Said 23

• If I'm attracted to them before, I'm going to be attracted to them when they wake up. Not to mention messy hair has a sort of appeal to me. I also find it kind of cute when a girl is quiet and tired/shy-- The little smirk thing some people do when they wake up is super cute. It's kind of like a different side to one's usual self.

I would say equally attractive. Yeah, they may have baggy eyes or whatever you'd expect, but there other things that are cute that make up for it.

A lot of it is naturally dependent on the girl and the situation, but as of now, I'm voting C.

It seems like you're in the majority here. I never would've imagined that. I guess girls are just taught at a young age that we don't look attractive in the morning, maybe because we watched our mothers put on makeup everyday when we were growing up.

Pretty well said.

That's an interesting thought. I don't know much about the cultural norms girls were raised up with, but yeah, I don't think that one is very accurate :)

@ProbablyTooMature Thank you!

• I'm a person as well to say, they look good all the time. Morning, noon, night whats the difference. Its those qualitys that give us the reason to like woman in the first place, and who cares in the morning.

Seeing a persons worse, sometimes can be its best of times.

• Honestly depends on the girl, cuz I've woken up to some and maybe it wasn't out loud but there was a lot of screaming and calling a certain name going on.
    Good thing is that most of the girls I've been with usually look decent waking up even if they think they look like crap.

• Girls are less attractive when they first wake up. When the brush their teeth and wash their face , they look fresh. if they do some exercise and take bath they look more active and fresh. Some do meditation and become more lighter. and after having breakfast they just set a mood for the day. This is the time they are at their best.

Well they shut my hot water off, so none of that is happening today. Lol and I even had my retainer still in.

You must not have read my post all the way. My landlord is having someone fix the pipes, so they had to shut off the water going to all the units on my side of the complex. Since we have individual water heaters, they had to send people in to shut off all of the water heaters.

Okay. Hope the problem gets resolved soon.

• If I was attracted to the girl in the first place, then I would be equally attracted to her when she woke up. If it were a girl that I didn't like, then I probably wouldn't take a double take either way. He probably thought you were cute if he took a double take lol :P

• It depends on the girls... and how attractive they are.

• Not really. You're just hot shit :P

• id say it depends on the girl but in 90% of the cases they are MUCH LESS attractive when they wake up

That's the impression I was always under, but sometimes something happens that turns your view of the world upside down.

but tbh id say it isn't just a girl thing, id say almost everyone when they wake up are not that attractive

I wouldn't know because I'm usually the last person to wake up and mornings are usually brutal enough for me that I've never thought about it before. I'm going to have to check into it in the future.

• I like the scenes of shameless 7 or 8 season.
    That black wife agree ganbang with her husband and russian. They wake up looking like after war.

• When you both wake up and the guy has morning wood, the girl is attractive.

• It honestly just depends on the girl. But personally I find it attractive seeing a girl just wake up they're just so cute 😄

• A girl I find attractive is attractive 100% of the time.

• I think a lot of guys on here are lying lol..

• They're always attractive.

• No, you might just be hot

• very much so

• They are most attractive when they go to sleep
    shutupimtalking.com/.../smile-guy-feature11.jpg

• 28d

Dude... dont say that and post a creepy guy with a "im gonna rape ya" expression...

• It depends on the gal TBH for me. You must be a natural beauty.

• You better believe you was gorgeous when you first woke up this morning.

<3 :-D :-P

• You should not worry have to worry I mean who really wakes up 100 percent presentable in the morning?

• were you wearing a dressing gown or pj;s?

Some Halloween PJs with black cats and a scraggly cardigan that needs to be thrown away. Kid was looking at my face the whole time.

• Yes...

• Yes it's another reason why morning sex is the best.

What Girls Said 10

• It's possible one time my friend needed my help and it was really early I just woke up and left I even still had my pajamas on lol and when I got there he was like did you get ready before you got me and I was like no? Why? And he was like oh wow it looks like you got ready.

My profile picture I just woke up as you can see that shirt is part of my pajamas my boyfriend friends didn't believe him how I looked when I wake up. So I took a picture on snapchat so they can know what time it was when I took it

• My face is swollen when i wake up. So my eyes look bigger my face a little fuller and my lips are fuller and i have more color to my face. Id say i dont look bad when i wake up too bad that swollen look doesn't last throughout the day. I always wanted Angelina Jolie lips.

That's a great way of putting it. I have always thought my lips look their best when I first wake up. Under my chin usually gets a little puffy too

• Entirely depends on the girl...

I was going to say you look a lot like me because we have the same hair, but your page says that's not you in the pic. 😔

Nah, not my pic. I WISH I had her hair!
      You're lucky. =)

• I think I'm extremely ugly when I first wake up

I always thought I did too, but today may have changed that. I think I hate mornings a little bit less after today.

I don't usually wear a lot of makeup, so I don't have the red blotches that a lot of girls get without it.

I have red hair, so people always look at me out of a crowd, but my friends complain that I get hit on more than them. And guys do check me out even when I'm at the grocery store which I think is weird too, but I've gotten used to it.

That's nice ngl well if you like it then have fun

• Some are.

• I think I'm more attractive when I wake up. I don't know about other people

• Depends on the girl

• No, no one looks good when they wake up. Especially me, I'm a fucking wreck.

• As long as you are decent looking, even from just getting up or wearing comfy home clothes (tights and oversize t-shirt), guys will check you out. thats how guys are made.
    They can be married or has girlfriend. or single, they will look.
    I have guys look at me in all diff. ways, lusty, quick glance, long stares... I am starting to be able to tell the difference.
    My landlord, is alway complimentine me. I keep it business. last week, he took my hand and pretend to give me massages... i am not comfortable. I dont always look good because i can't be all dressed up at home and I met him in the lobby in my home clothes.
    So yeah.. you will get lots of look/stares however you look as long as you look 1/2 decent. (eg. not over weight or a slob)

• Are you sure he wasn't like wtf? That girl musta been out on an all night bender!

Lol. That's what I was expecting when I opened the door, but my friends say I have super powers when it comes to being able to tell if someone is checking me out or not. And I've been on vacation this week so I'm well-rested.