Hillary Duff and her boyfriend accused of cultural appropriation for dressing up as a Native American and a sexy pilgrim - Thoughts?

Hillary duff was forced to make an apology on twitter for it. What are your thoughts?

• The outrage is justified
  • The outrage is not justified
1mo seems like most of yas think the outrage is B. S. If you feel that way, you'll probably enjoy this analysis on the outrage, hah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooxOeHcwS7k

Most Helpful Girl

• I think all that "cultural appropriation" stuff is complete bullshit. Who gives a fuck? Seriously, just people invented things to be offended about, what a great generation this is -_-

Most Helpful Guy

• Hillary is appropriating a culture that is her forefathers and one that isn't even used by anyone anywhere anymore?

I don't think people know what appropriation is.

That girls logic at the beginning doesn't even make sense. She herself says something offensive and then tries to say that's what the boyfriend was doing. She herself literally used a term we don't use to describe indigenous americans anymore and then tries to tack that onto the couple. That's the dumbest logic ever saying that's what they are doing.

What Girls Said 11

• As long as they Both weren't Dressed up as Crazy clowns or Black Lives Matter or even a Terrorist, So what? "Rifleman is even being Banned, along with a Million other Far Fetched "Politically Correct and Incorrect" Things Today.
    More bogus things that are irrelevant, shouldn't be anywhere but on This Mayflower Ship this Hour. And the Voters and more Importantly, Americans Need to Stand beside one Another, in their own Personal Deciding Vote, in what Color Jump Suite would Best from the Rest would Fit Killary, if one day she Hopefully would Make it That Way.
    Orange, with me, Yellow stripe down the Back is Hands Down... Smack!
    UP VOTE.
    C'mon, People who "Accuse this Insane Name." Next thing we Know, there it Go... Cultural Appropriation, which it Seems, Began October 31, 2016.
    Good luck and Great question.

• If people would just dress as things other than :brown people (with brown face or black face (happened at my school a few years ago) and idiotic depictions of different people (ex. a Mexican in a sombrero, colorful poncho, fake mustache, and maracas, an acquaintances boyfriend did this and on fb it was said "I'll throw that illegal over the border faster than you can say speedy gonzales... when's he gonna do my yard?" ) or in over sexualized forms ex. native American woman in short tight brown dress, cleavage out, a fake headdress (that a typical woman probably wouldn't even wear bc they were given to people who earn them) ... then everything would be ok.

It's not hard to find a fun costume that is fun and not distasteful ex) Superman, A vampire, a witch, a rat, a transformer, a cheerleader, a ghost, Princess Belle, Thor, a flower, a sandwich, Batman, a bee, a go go girl, a school teacher, Mrs. Frizzle, a baby, an old person, a zombie... etc.

• That's stupid and the people outraged by it needs to take the stick that's stuck up they're ass out.

• Tbh I can see how the Native American costume can be dsirespectful. Considering their history in America and how they've been treated on their native land and continue to be treated by the government, it can be upsetting to see someone in their clothes.

• That is ridiculous.

• I don't think Hillary is, but her boyfriend is.

• Total bull shit...

• Cultural Appropriation, another term invented by SJW, those people must stop crying over random stuff.

• People always stick up for native Americans but deep down native Americans dont care

Sadly, you are correct. Many people follow the Disney portrayal of Native Americans when the truth is they were slave holding, tribe killing thugs just like every other culture, with the exception of the Navajo, who were actually peaceful people. I go to reservations sometimes for jobs, and even though the government pays for everything, they live like a third world, and sadly their animals are often abused, I see horses near starved to death, yet you cannot do anything because our law does not apply to their tribes.

• 25d

@thetundrawolf yeah. But they have free college so that is enough for them to get on their feet.

• I wanna bitch slap both of them. How fucking annoying.

• It's tasteless and they should've known better but as always, overreaction.

What Guys Said 28

• Culture appropriation is bullshit. You dress however the fuck you want.
    If we should take culture appropriation seriously we should only leave white people with light, TV, phones, computers...

I'm so tired of all these people crying about culture appropriation when they all have the rights of crying thanks to white people. How stupid is that?

• Yeah I heard about that one, dumbest shit I heard in a while, sucks they apologized honestly. Of course you can have major respect as well for native americans and dress up cause of that as well, I know several who do that themselves, not to mention again are so many who are native American descendants, like bet neither of these people who got outraged by this even bothered to think about that. Cause I know people who do that too again, paying respect to their ancestors that way.

Its just nuts on so many levels.

• So is it cultural appropriation every time a native American wears modern textiles? Or does that not count? Cutlural appropriation is idiotic and its only purpose is to drive a wedge between people, namely whites and every one else. A sickening tactic but one that has unfortunatley been quite successfull.

• The bigger outrage is that people are being outraged over a chick who hasn't been relevant in at least 15 years...

• I think it is taking it a bit too far - My line is putting make up on to make your face a different colour

• You can't do anything now a days without insulting someone and most of the time the person that is insulted isn't even the person of race or ethnicity your portraying or talking about.

• This is what the liberal Demunist Commiecrats have done to this nation. They want to destroy Thanksgiving too.

• Why don't Irish people get offended by the Notre Dame Fighting "Irish" or the Boston Celtics... well Irish people don't give a shit what people think of them, they're badass... the people who are outraged by this stuff are usually extremely liberal white people.

• Nowadays you can't do anything without insulting someone

• No one should be taken seriously if they cry about "Cultural Appropriation." Pfft.

• I wore a beret once and did a funny accent. People thought nothing of it, and I slinked away all alone.

• Hmm, I see, I see.

Not to worry, I am now filling out prescriptions for extra pairs of balls and thicker vaginas as we speak.

• That's ridiculous.

• Calm the fuck down people

• People need to quit being so damn sensitive.

• It's distasteful as fuck and really stupid.

• Sounds more like attention whoring...

• I like her. She's happy and fun! I would entertain the idea of dating Hillary Duff.

• Who gives a shit.

• Accused of cultural appropriation? Is that not legal or something.

• Social Justice Warrior crybabies.

• racist country... like you call yourself negro... haha.

• Yeah, they're trying to get rid of chief wahoo here in the CLE, but, it seems like they've always been trying to do it. It never gets "done", as if republicans were running it

• "Native American"? Whatever happened to "Indian"

• I bet those same accusers are fine with people dressing up as leprechauns or wearing Irish stuff on St Patrick's Day and acting or getting very drunk and acting stupid. Because, saying all Irish are just a bunch of drunks is somehow fine because they are White, but O M G if they dress up as any non-White race.
    WTF is this BS world coming to?

• Did Hilary Duff meet her boyfriend off tinder? The last time i remember she had a tinder account.

candiest.com/.../...der-profile-lets-get-pizza.jpg

And a guy on bodybuilding forum had smashed her last year.

s.yimg.com/.../sl0gSsSBzxz-0iXFUphO4WsfhRc

• That is ridiculous

• I feel like ever time a native American dresses in a suit he's appropriating my culture.

Exactly. Except, you and I normally don't have a problem with it. Because the only types who take issue with appropriation of that kind are the insecure, who have real problems.