What are your views on Global Warming?

What are your views on Global Warming?

• It's real and its mainly due to human activity
  • It's real, but human activity has little effect on it
  • It's not real and is just a huge hoax
  • I'm undecided

Most Helpful Girl

• -It's real
    -It is because of developed countries' emissions, during their 'developing' stage.
    -The way it is being dealt with is depressing.

Most Helpful Guy

• definitely real.

yes, there is a natural fluctuation in temperature but that one is very slow and goes over hundreds and thousands of years. Not like this

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../04-09e.png

What Girls Said 20

• "C" for Sure. I have not Once Been... Undecided.
    Every time Obama goes to One of these Silly Summit Meetings on the Tax People's Buck, to Talk about "Global Warming," this Glow Worm even has a Smirk on his own Face.
    @SarahsSummer Makes Good common Sense, but a Good Raw Deal of it is mostly about the Dollar and "Cents."
    If Obama would spend even One quarter of his time Talking about Radical Islam, which he never Cares to Say, this World Would Not be in this Doom and Gloom Disaster right now, nor Mrs. Bell Bottoms in a Hot Spot Pot.
    Good luck. xx

• Climate change is real and has been happening forever but I don't believe humans have as much effect as they think they do. Natural disasters have a much larger effect.

• Real and mostly due to human activity. Surprising that lots of people actually think it's a hoax.

Well the fact that a largish volcano Will put out as much co2 than the human race has ever produced its amazing people believe in liberal nonsense.

• The Earth naturally goes through cycles.

• It's very real. We shouldn't be so dismissive when our entire livelihood and species depend on taking of the earth.

• That you're late to the party. 😙

• its all cause of human activity

• lol. 8% think it's a hoax. That's rich.

• Of course it's real and of course it's due to humans...

• It's real and its mainly due to human activity. I just wonder when people will *actually* start doing something about it.

When all this misinformation stops going around... but who knows when that'll happen :(

• Option A just says it all really. Mother Nature taking its course too

• It's real and human activity is one of the factors

• Real, current pace is mainly due to human activity.

Do you have hope for us? :(

I think only when we're near the brink will we radically change what we (aka companies) do on a large scale and what people do on a small scale like energy consumption, food purchases, recycling, etc.

• i need dicaprio to lecture me in person

• It's happening & we can't stop it.

• It's real and it's because of humans.

• Due to the sun becoming older and hotter, human activity does make the changes worse.

Solar activity does not factor in like that, we're actually entering a cooling period with solar flux due to changing shape of earth's orbit around sun.

• I drive a Prius c and use energy saving light bulbs. I also invest in energy alternative company

• It's reasonable

meaning what?

do you agree that human activity is largely to blame for it?

Human activity and nature's reaction to it

• Of course it's due to human activity.

What Guys Said 36

• Earth has gone through cycles, and will likely continue going through cycles if we treat it with respect. But the things that we are doing to it now are making the problem worse. We have known for many years that we are damaging our home, though many did not believe it. Then the proof kept rolling in and getting stronger, so it became more obvious and many doubters finally saw the truth. But still the companies that have a financial interest in continuing the damaging practices hired scientists who did not believe we were that much at fault to tell that to the public.

But then, even those scientists began seeing that we do have a major part in the warming and they began going public with their change of belief. Now, almost every reputable climatologist sees the evidence as irrefutable. And many are telling us that if we do not see that soon, we likely will pass a "tipping point" where it will be impossible to trun it around and savwe the planet.

Already, ice caps and glaciers have shrunk and put more water into the oceans with the result that less habitat exists for some species, and the ocean is rising and shores being covered with water. Weather patterns have changed immensely all over the world. Some of these patterns push some of the colder air masses and water to places that have been warmer, making it look in small areas like there is cooling. But that is false and looking at the total ewarth proves that.

Yet still there are those that cannot believe what is so plainly in our faces. And on here you have at least one who states it is a hoax and uses it to launch her personal attack on Obama and Islam, as if that had anything to do with global warming.

It seems that all the science in the world cannot change peopl'es minds when they get on a certain path.

• It seems like discussions on this are completely one sided. Mostly because the media is mostly leftist liberals that don't want a discussion.

ACTUAL climate scientists aren't so convinced. "Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem."

The climate has actually been cooling.
    www.forbes.com/.../#2335abd8171b

"Nearly six in ten climate scientists don’t adhere to the so-called “consensus” on man-made climate change, a new study by the Dutch government has found. The results contradict the oft-cited claim that there is a 97 percent consensus amongst climate scientists that humans are responsible for global warming."
    www.breitbart.com/.../
    www.nationalreview.com/.../climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle

The issue isn't quite as black and white as many lefties would have you believe. I used to believe it to, but with all the data fixing that was leaked by the IPCC and global climate change committee to try to convince people it was as much of an issue as they reach for, it has left room for reconsideration.

I'm personally not a climate scientist. I can bet you the majority of people that take either the position for or against climate change have no clue themselves but are brainwashed by uncritical the media coverage which hasn't been very balanced.

• I have many issues with it, for one we haven't had enough time to accurately keep track of these trends so claiming that this is happening that its because of humans and that we need to stop it seems really premature. Then of course it completely ignores the fact that we have had 7 ice ages and by extention 7 global warmings (that we know of) all of them before humans even existed and one that was responsible for humans coming into existence (they think its what made bipedalism selected for). Then it also ignores the minor variations in temp, the mini ice age that occured between 1646 and 1715 or the mini global warming that occured in the middle ages. Further more it ignores the fact that our atmosphere has changed many times, in fact historically in early paleolithic times we had significantly higher oxygen levels comparative to carbon dioxide which should have reduced the temperature of our planet considerablly despite the fact that no human intervention occured. t would seem that a decrease in oxygen occured in the triasic period which would correlate to the permian extinction even which was massive global warming, again without human intervention obviously. Basicly the claim that its humans, that its an actual global warming event, despite minimal data (again we have only been collecting it for a short time and an even shorter time with effective equipment) thus having no ability to say for certain that this is a full on global warming event or just a minor one like the one that occured in the middle ages (and probably many other times before it). Then of course you have the fact that its happened many times before all without humans along with the change of atmospheric compesition it seems way to early to say what is happening. It could be or it could not be, but their seems to be a lot of contradicting data (like for instance the claim its caused by co2 which then causes heat which causes evaporation which causes more heat to be trapped which in turn causes co2 to be released from the oceans which itself would then result in a run away reaction that we wouldn't really be able to stop any way, and would be growing exponentially which it doesn't seem to be doing (making it seem like hyperbole rather then hard fact))

Plus co2 increases plant growth which would also increase consumption of co2 and increased production of o2 which would negate this affect. Basicly it seems like sensationalism rather then science. Is something happening? Probabaly, when isn't their something happening, but is it what people say it is and is it caused by humans? Well it seems way to early to pronounce that judgment and arrogant to suggest that its humans causing the thing that has occured multiple times without human interevention. Its possible we did something to trigger a naturally occuring event, or even excacerbated it but again, I don't think we have the data to come to that conclusion as it stands.

• I think that it's real, but that it's a natural cycle the planet goes through. Just like different regions of the planet will experience their owns seasons of varying temperatures, the planet likely goes through seasons of hot and cold too. Its just on a much larger scale.

While I don't believe it is "man made" I don't doubt that our actions have affected the rate at which the planet has gotten warmer.

So basically I don't believe that if we didn't exist, the planet would have just maintained a constant equilibrium temperature. It likely still would have still gotten warmer over time, just not as quickly as it currently is.

• 97% of scientists who study the climate agree that the earth is warmer now than it was 100 years ago. 84% say they personally believe human-induced warming is occurring. Those are very high numbers by the people that understand the topic better than any of us here.

After having reviewed evidence supporting it, I was forced to agree that it is occurring and humans are likely playing a role in it.

• We are trying to understand a system billions of years old with a hundred or so years' worth of mostly inaccurate data.

Sea levels were much higher as was the temperature during the last interglacial period, when there were no SUVs or factories or farting cows.

This planet is going to do whatever it likes, we are just along for the ride.

• I don't believe every supposed scientific study. For example, saturated fat causing heart disease appears to be exaggerated. That was of thinking is still prevalent in medical recommendations and public opinion though. If the data with temperature change is true along with how the mechanism with how the science work then global warming is probably happening.

There was a big cannery in Monterrey where they used to can sardines 40+ years ago, and a common opinion back then that humans could not impact the vastness of the oceans bounty. We know we can now.

• It's a libtard conspiracy to make us live like rabbits again, in wattle and daub huts, or something.

That's meant to be ironic, by the way. Probably not very good irony, but sod it.

I actually don't know whether it's real or not. What's clear is we're shitting over, and paying no head to, the planet. Our home... Stupid creatures.

• I am not a huge environmentalist or anything but it is real and due to human activity. I think you can definitely seen the climate change in my lifetime and with nature the slightest tilt has real repercussions. I think you see more flooding for example even at a local level there seems to be a lot more than their used to be.

• I think that we're looking at not nearly enough data and making a rather sweeping claim. You think that the last hundred years have been worse than the 4 BILLION that came before it? Truly? Based on what exactly? We (humans) see ourselves as far more important to the Earth than we actually are. And IF we destroy it for ourselves, you know what will happen? We'll die off and the planet will heal.

• any educated person knows its not man made. that's why they changed it from global warming to climate change, its stupid. liberal propaganda.

• Oh jesus, really? You're asking GAG? lol. I hope nobody takes any of their views from what people say on this site, that's all I can say.

• Not my problem, ill let the next gen fix any fuck ups

• Its real and human activity is one of the main factors.
    Anyone who denies that is a fucking idiot

• WHAT GLOBAL WARMING LOL
    NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT GOD IS IN CHARGE
    flatearthscienceandbible.files.wordpress.com/.../img_0039-1.jpeg

• I voted "B". There's more to it than that, but the way I think of it is as "humans are just accelerating it."

• World is like that cause of green haters and people who makes streets dirty instead of dumping their shit garbage into a bin, and thats not coo' to live with disgusting people like this.

• A all the way!

• ...()

• All the more reason why we should colonize mars

• Um... it's bad

• I believe something is going on, but I don't think is because of humanity

• It's happening, and it needs to be stopped

• Lots of people think its a hoax. Those people are in denial.

• Is already fucked so now we do is just wait.

• Global warming existed before humans, but we're a steroid for global warming.

• Humans caused this

• More from Guys
    6