Is sex and love the same thing?

Is sex and love the same thing? I was with someone that thought that sex is the ultimate form of love - but I know people can have sex with people they are not in love with also?

I used to think people only had sex with people they love, but now I see that doesn't seem true. And now that I had sex for the first time, I realize it's not as romantic and sensual as I had built up in my head for years.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it were the world would be full of love. Sadly it isn't the case. Hence, sex is not love. End of proof.
    "sex is the ultimate form of love" It's not. It CAN be ONE way to express it.
    "I used to think people only had sex with people they love, but now I see that doesn't seem true."
    Does the raper love his victim? Does the player love his victims? Do inmates love each other so dearly?

What Guys Said 12

• Most women have trouble separating sex from love - because women tend to only want sex with someone they love (plus the occasional super-hot/super popular guy, who they will fuck like a pornstar).

Most men have no trouble separating the two, and men can be in love with one woman and still WANT sex from others that they have no feelings for (I'm not saying they'll actually try to get it, per se, but the desire is there). Men generally don't NEED to feel love in order to feel lust (the desire for sex), and 90% of the women men feel lust for, they don't have any emotional attachment to.

Obviously this makes men and women very different - and gives us different priorities that often leads to misunderstandings and frustrations. Still, it's important to understand these differences so that you don't make bad assumptions. Too many people of both sexes like to believe that we're the same and want the same things, but that's just not the case most of the time. BUT... our desires CAN be complimentary, if we're both willing to give a little in the process.

• Sex is biological. Love is spiritual. Sex without love leads to destructive behaviors according to Napoleon Hill.

• No it's not, not even close.

• No, sex is fired by lust alone, love is fired by emotion, and should lead to passionate lust as well, but not immediately.
    Loving sex is a wholly different experience, and in my view, much better and more satisfying, than just lust sex play.

• *Are

And no. Not even close. Do hookers love everything they sleep with?

• nope. it idially happens at the same time but they are most obviously 2 different things.

• no, obviously not

• You think porn stars love every individual they have sex with?

• It's different I think :P

• love is the only thing that makes sex worth having.

• Love and sex are not the same thing Love is an emotion or a feeling. There is no one definition of love because the word love can mean many different things to many different people

• sex without love is very possible yes.

What Girls Said 5

• No they are not mutually exclusive. You have sex with the person you love but you don't have to love the person you have sex with

• my man is my best friend and a great lover. But Having sex and making love are completely different things.

• Deep question here... fuck! I can't answer this.

• Not at all.

Sex can be part of love - a wonderful part. But it can also be an action driven by lust/desire, boredom, loneliness, curiosity, revenge, ego, etc.

• lust is attraction, love is a feeling. of course not because you love family, pets, children but not in a sexual wah correct? sex is out of lust unless you're in love. fucking is sex love making is a bond and feels completly different.