Is it wrong to believe in things?

I'm asking because some people act as if believing in and practicing religions is a crime. There are even some wretched people who believe that believing in things (and religion) is a mental illness!!! How rude! I do believe in certain things and it angers me when people react this way. It just makes me wanna pull my hair out, but sometimes it gets to me and actually upsets me (so they succeeded in their evil crime of upsetting me). Most of the time, however, I don't let it get to me. People these days...

Most Helpful Guy

• No. People are sick of being told what to do, how to live, what to think, etc. Religion is notorious for this, and its practitioners can't seem to leave other people alone. Well, the Abrahamic religions, anyway. Most pagans are content to let other people live their lives.

I think this is a large part of why we see such a backlash against both religion and govt nowadays. A portion of the population can't just leave people alone, they feel a need to control what others do, and those others are fed up with that shit.

As long as nobody bitches at me about my beliefs, I won't intrude on their lives. I'm not the type of person to force things upon people :)

That's good. Everyone should be that way.

• 26d

Agreed. :)

What Guys Said 1

• You believing in fairy tales doesn't affect my life so I don't typically care. But when people from religion start to intrude on my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness... then we've got an issue.

Live and let live :)

What Girls Said 1

• I get a similar reaction from people when i tell them that i do have a religion. I just tend to ignore it. My religion has taught me nothing bad or evil.

• 26d

True. Ignoring it is the best thing you can do :)