Will child hunger end if poor people just stop fucking?

• Yes
  • no.

Most Helpful Guy

• no because there will still be people without food. when the world's population was half what it was there were still children starving. fewer people doesn't mean wealth gets dispersed more evenly. the key to ending world hunger is providing food and to provide food requires money

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's such a simple way to think about it. People usually have lots of children because so many die. But children are needed to help take care of parents and... run the country when parents get older. So, I mean, theoretically having 0 kids would end child hunger, but it would also collapse the economy.
    Ending world hunger means ensuring the food we produce is distributed. Because we make enough to feed everyone, it's just sold elsewhere or given to different species.
    For example, in the US alone, livestock consumes enough plant material in a year (excluding forages like grass!) to feed over 800 million people a plant based diet. It's not about people right now, it's about getting the food to human mouths.

It's selfish to have children when you don't have the ability to feed them yet expect them to take care of you when you get older.

I'm talking about poor people having 0 kids not the rich, educated ones.

No one wants their children to starve. We live in a selfish world. Food prices can rise and cause people to starve because investors make an incorrect prediction. Why is food given to livestock over hungry people? Why do we waste so much food? Why don't we send herbicide resistant seeds to farmers who can't afford it? Money.

What Guys Said 21

• As long as Tribalism and terrorism exist, as long as there is theft and envy, industrious malice, sloth, and greed, sterilization to the consequences of lust will do nothing about present problems. It will only ensure that there is no way out, and no future even if some escape. It treats the victims as the problem. They don't all need castration. But learning lost universal morals will help, a lot. As well as silencing the morons who claim that teaching propriety is "cultural destruction.". As if the West invented self-restraint.

• I mean... technically yes I suppose lmao. But people can't even stick to their diets in first world countries. Do you really think the uneducated people of third world countries can curb their sexual needs for the entirety of their lives? Besides they are uneducated, them having children is simply a normal thing, not this evil, irresponsible, irrational, harmful thing that we in first world countries think. It's a completely different world, and to not understand that is a very bad thing for a person to do in my opinion.

• No, and considering you clearly don't give a shit about people who are worse off than you, you also shouldn't be allowed to vote

• Reducing the population would help. If I knew my area was poor and starvation was rampant, I would not have children unless conditions improved. Not sure why anyone would have kids just to see them starve to death.

• Well actually without the poor I'm guessing the economy would collapse

• having many children in the poorest region of the earth is the only form of pension plan. you tell people to stop fucking is equal to telling them to go and die.

besides: the few first world countries already produce enough food so that in theory nobody would have to starve.

• It would probably help.

• it would help more if multinational companies such as unilever didn't own most of the worlds food but we do need to reduce over population at the same time. i would say however that rich people can add to over population too ;)

• If people stop fucking you wouldn't have been answering this question now.

• I like ceiling fans...

• I clicked yes but then I thought about the perfectly financially stable people who refuse to feed their kids.

• Nope. giving them food will

• no, but it would be a good place to start

• No. Hilarious thought, though :D :D

• Maybe people shouldn't have children if they can't afford them, instead of bumbing on the government.

• Pmsl

• Yes, they should stop fucking and creating more hungry children

• No just teach people how to plant their own foods.

• No. Child hunger would end, though, if people like these- 66.media.tumblr.com/.../...dOLWc1uux5kro1_1280.jpg

-stopped stuffing their faces and demanding all of the food in the world. Here are some useful stats for perspective:

img.buzzfeed.com/.../...ced-17402-1459501080-1.jpg
    img.buzzfeed.com/.../...nced-4851-1459501056-1.jpg

Today, nearly 38% of all the women in the world are overweight; 15% are obese or worse. That equates to almost 1.38 BILLION overweight women, over 687 million obese women. For comparison, there are only 795 million people in the world who are malnourished, of whom roughly 146 million are children. Want to end child hunger? Tackle the surging epidemic of rampant female morbid obesity, and you'd do it easily. But of course, the feminists don't want that, because that'd be "misogynist body-shaming", and because "all females should be free to eat as much as they want and be as fat as they want!"

• Maybe make a law that only allows people of certain income brackets to procreate? Sounds like that wouldn't backfire like at all.

It's funny how people say they wouldn't want to live in a totalitarian, distopian society despite them having some good ideas. Kinda like how Hitler was a bad apple that had a few good ideas that were dismissed.

I also like the "Have you ever heard of an EBT card? They eat better than I do." comment below. Wasn't aware EBT card worked in parts of Africa and South America.

• Pretty sure all those hungry kids are still going to be hungry, even if everyone in the world stops fucking.

What Girls Said 12

• No, it wouldn't. Children are innocent, they are the victims of a cruel system.
    Child hunger would end, if all of us, especially rich people started to help people who are less fortunate than us.
    If some people stopped being greedy.

• You don't understand why those poor people have kids in many areas of the world.
    They have kids so that their kids can help provide for them and help with the labor they need to do. Because in those areas there's a lot more labor that needs to be done than here in first world countries.

Also, rape exists.

This was true 50 years ago, and back then infant mortality was also much higher. These days most third world countries face massive youth unemployment. It's mostly a problem of outdated tradition/religion and lack of education now.

@mistixs

Again, that was 50 years ago. Things have changed a lot and the Arab world is a prime example: something like half of all youths don't have jobs, not even informal ones, they just live with their parents and do nothing or study something that will never get a job, just to kill the time or because it gets them government benefits. This was a major reason for the Arab Spring protests and richer Arab countries like Saudi Arabia have very extensive welfare systems and bloated militaries (with lots of redundant jobs for young people) to appease the people. In India people work part time jobs and/or survive on food handouts in the slums because there hasn't been enough work, especially in farming, for decades. In Africa people work informal jobs but do it really inefficiently/part time/get paid almost nothing because there aren't actually enough profitable jobs: 4 kids will help their 2 parents work the land or run a shop while the work could actually be done by 3 people.

@JohnDoe3000 I'm talking about places like Africa

• Maybe will be easier if rich people stop being selfish? You are rude.

• No. But people are going to have sex regardless. It's the least expensive activity people can do when they're poor. And for some reason the sex and protection education doesn't seem to be there. And not everyone thinks about the consequences of possibly getting pregnant.

• Or get people to stop wasting food and get companies to stop as well. Funny how a grocery store will throw out a lot but homeless shelters won't take the food weird isn't it? companies are the worst when it comes to being selfish.

• Rich people could become poor. Happened to me. Back to well off again, but still...

I'm curious about your story. Are you willing to share at all what happened to you?

@greycadillacs It is a long story. Very long. You probably wouldn't even believe me if I told you.

I love learning about other people and their stories. I'd believe you. If you're up for it, send a message my way

• The thing is, all countries that have fast growth are third world countries (or china). The reason of this is poor education. The reason there is poor education is western countries.

• Have you ever heard of an EBT card? They eat better than I do.

• Maybe if poor people stopped having children.

• Obviously not, poor people sex life does not fill up starving bellies.

• So all those bankers who ended up bankrupt in the crash, or these homeless people who were once lawyers, bankers, doctors etc...
    Or all those kids from poor families who grew up to become those lawyers, bankers and doctors etc...
    Those just don't count in all of this?

Do you actually think?

• we need to tax more. that's the problem.