Is wearing fake eye lashes to a party over-rated?

You know I looked awful at this party and regretted looking bad.

At the same time, I realized that I had very few friends over there, so if I looked amazing I'd still put myself up for ridicule. The two friends I did have wore $20 dresses and it would've looked so weird if I stood out to that extent.

Moreover, I'm imagining myself looking absolutely gorgeous, with fake eye lashes and just amazing... and I realize that maybe there's a reason a lot of people don't wear it? Like it looks like you're trying too hard?

1mo Guys what do you think? Girls would you wear fake eye lashes?

Most Helpful Guy

• My personal opinion is that fake eye lashes kind of make the person wearing them look fake. Women have a natural beauty that I appreciate, and it just radiates out from them. The only makeup that I really like on a woman is black eyeliner, because it frames how beautiful their eyes are. Those pictures of Egyptian women with all that black eyeliner always turned me on, although they put it on a little too heavy to be practical today.

As for those people at that party, don't let their judgements get into your head. Be strong within yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think fake lashes are over rated. I think they're horrible.
    If I really want to accentuate my lashes I get a new mascara. When it's brand new it works SO much better than the 4th or 10th time. I rarely wear mascara though so when I do I like it new.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it is overrated. It simply looks nice so why not. There are many beautiful fake eyelashes that look elegant and natural.

• Oh they are so uncomfortable, you couldn't pay me to wear them. My natural lashes will have to be good enough lol

• Yepp