What's your favorite "decoration" in your room/house/apartment (post pictures!)?

I got this world map from 1626 for my apartment today and I absolutely love it! πŸ’–

What's your favorite
"New and accurate" πŸ˜…
I also have some paintings (by me) & chain of lights that I think add character to my place :)
what about you guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• image.prntscr.com/.../...04b208e9b950d51ca0f9b.png
    (sorry about the quality- it's really dark in my room!)
    This is Wolf by Kate Salway, an artist trained at Slade, UCL! I went to a local art museum with my mum on Christmas Eve, and commented on a piece on the wall. The next morning it was wrapped up behind the sofa. Best Christmas ever! :D

Nice haha, but.. not to sound cocky but I believe I've painted nicer wolves than that in the past :D

Yeah mine were acrylics so it's the same lol
      I only ever visit the tate modern for art when I'm in London and that's very different from this :P

Haha, yea. The tate modern is going to be pretty high calibre indeed!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• mine is a nat geo map my wife and i have that comes with pins. you put different colored pins in the map for places you want to go, places you have plans to go, etc

it is fun to look at to get excited about trips we have planned and remember trips we went on

• I like maps as well, and im a huge discworld fan which is an ongoing series by the amazing author Terry Pratchett. Seriously, this series of books has been ongoing since 1983 so you can imagine just how well established and detailed the world is.

Anyway, they made some extremely detailed maps of the world and its main city ankhmorpork, and they are huge. 100cm x 90 cm.

I didn't want to just pin them to wall and ruin them so I made my own clip frames using acrylic sheets and 5mm plywood sheets.

they look absolutely amazing on the wall so please excuse the poor photography skills.

i103.photobucket.com/.../P1060135_zpshvhxb8nl.jpg

i103.photobucket.com/.../P1060136_zpsipxkmvup.jpg

• I do have an old Coca Cola themed bubble gum machine and an Eco tireflator totally restored from the 50s , don't have pictures ATM but it's red and you can google image it. Your World Map looks pretty good , I like antique looking things like that too

Haha I study history so it's interesting for me in that aspect as well :)

that's nice!

I want to put them in picture frames and hang them up but I've never gotten around to it

• Isn't it amazing that they didn't even have Australia on the world map from that era? Australia is huge.

Yeah all of Oceania hadn't been discovered then - I still find the accuracy of the location & shape of the continents very impressive though, given that there weren't any satellites or even airplanes to actually look at it from above in 1626 at all yet!

• I have an ORIGINAL poster for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in good condition.
    My aunt got it for me for my birthday, god knows where she found it

Dude! I have a "Last Crusade" poster on my wall too! :D It's not an original, though, haha.

• Dust is my favourite decoration 😅 I put it on everything!

• I am really functional and minimalist - I don't think I have any decoration in my house

what about plants?

Yeah everyone thinks that it is a little bit quirky - They think it looks a bit like a brand new house unlived in - I can't help being really clean and tidy.

Oh no you would hate my apartment hahahaha, I mean I'm clean but tidy? Hell nah my apartment is the realm of chaos

• World map shows local times and whose got daylight vs night

• I've slowly been getting framed pictures. Currently have some Amano concept art from FF5 and an image from the League of Legends Bilgewater Burning Tides event framed on my wall, torn between a Dark Souls or New Vegas image next.

• Mexican flag, Irish flag, Canadian flags, Soviet Union flag, decorative string lights, a detailed $50 T-rex figure with opening jaws.

• I don't have a camera atm so I can't show you, and I don't think this counts as a specific decoration. But I have a corner in my room where I keep my medals, trophies, etc. and I think it looks awesome

• My lamp because everything else is ugly atm 😅

• My house is well furnished, but no decorations

• My piggy bank is sweet.

• Why do you love it so much?

I study history, just 3 classes of my bigger bachelor but still, it's intriguing and beautiful at the same time because it reflects just so many things about the renaissance.

• Would you mind if I ask you your occupation?

• Wow you're so special. here's a gold star

Thanks!

Like 4.50€ so about 5$, it's just a print though but the quality is really good & the print itself is already pretty old judging by the paper, etc.

Cool Jupiter. I like it.

What Girls Said 18

• Me and my mum renovated my room my favourite thing is the feature wall

I've moved out for uni and not home so I don't have any good pictures, all I have is odd pictures lol

http://i.imgur.com/6nM3kZL.png

• Well my room is pretty bland. I guess my best decoration would have to be my jar of shoe laces. When I ever I get rid of an old pair of shoes I keep the laces just in case I ever mess up the laces in a pair of new shoes or I wanna change the color of the laces. Over the years I've collected a lot of shoe laces and I keep them stored in a fancy glass jar. It kind of looks like a piece of art.

• I have Salvador Dali's melting clock. That's probably one of my favorites. Looks like this:

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

Oh yeah I have that one too! But I don't really have a nice space to put it so I put it over the edge of a shelf and I don't think it really comes into its own that way :/

Lol I did the same thing! for now it's on the edge of a shelf where my books are. But yeah don't worry it will still look cool. Although I get weird comments from people like "what is that, is that a clock?" Most people don't get the reference lol

• I have a whole wall that has pictures of family and friends and quotes on colorful sheets of paper. They are scattered from the top of the wall to the baseboards. It definitely brings color and happiness to my room.

• there's this empty can of red bull that's been sitting by my sink for the last 5 days. i love it. :(

• I have 3 hockey pucks played in the Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup games from 2010, 2013 and 2015. You can see the marks on the pucks and everything.
    Also a baseball I caught at a White Sox game.

• http://tinypic.com/r/2hy9ug7/9

took this last year
    it's a greek naval shipping museum poster

• Newspaper clippings on my wall. There's pandas, Jeremy Lin, Lo:w, it's just weird and makes me laugh. Unclassy AF.

What's Lo:w?

Omg lol, no! 😂😂😂 well like pandas are cute and stuff so I guess - but who doesn't like pandas? Tbh I can't remember why I clipped those, but I suppose there's some kind of sentiment involved. It's just funny because I also work from home sometimes and when new clients come by and they see that wall they make pretty funny confused faces.

Haha I bet!

• This painting my mom did

• my favorite decoration in my room would probably be my iron throne replica haha.
    http://i.imgur.com/jNe4jQq.jpg

• that map looks neat ! i love maps.
    probably family photo albums

• Mine are the random holes in my walls haha 😅

Holes from what :o

I'm not quite sure. I think something to do with rewiring... They will be covered up soon hahah.

• I don't have a decoration my house is just a big mess honestly

• A bunch of fantasy art pics <3

• My bookcase tbh. My favorite thing ever is reorganizing it.

• I have a small fake Christmas tree on my bookcase that's decorated with a rock n roll theme.

• My fairy lights because living alone can get scary and they brighten the place up.

• It's my wall drawings
    I painted the wall not only in my room but all over the house

I am wondering what the painting is. 🙄

Oh wow! Do you have any pictures?
      And do you still live with your parents? Bc mine would never let me do that haha

Hahaha no I don't have pics now and I'm in bed now lol cause its night but yeah my parents love them haha