I can't stand life anymore?

I missed another day of school... again. I don't understand. I have gotten well enough to go to school and I can't complete a school week. I often have to miss days of school. I'm new to everything. I'm new to this country and stuff. I just started making new friends and I don't want to lose them because of my illness. My doctor said it will get better but I don't think I can wait very long. My parents, family members, family friends and friends (back at home) are constantly worried about me and every time I talk to them my illness is brought up. I have to constantly lie to people's faces saying 'I'm fine' when I am really not. I feel like a constant burden that everyone has to feel sorry for and I can't take it anymore... I want to be normal again. I want to go back to the life I had two years ago... what's so hard in that? Because of this, I constantly get emotional breakdowns, crying almost everyday. My grades are suffering, people at school probably now know me as 'the sick girl' and I feel like I am missing out on life a lot. I hate my body for putting me through this stress. I am in constant pain, I can't even go to school sometimes. I hate my life the way it is... how can I deal with this emotionally? It's getting harder and harder for me everyday to cope with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• hello dear..

I'm terribly sorry and would like to offer few solutions on my perspective..
    1) try turning to religion.
    2) seek counseling
    3) seek another opinion from another doctor..
    4) positivity can help a lot... and people heal fastest in a loving environment..
    5) find yourself within yourself.. look for your inner talent and also search for your hobbies n fave passtimes...
    6) have friends over or try leaving your room often do your best to not lock yourself up idle..

it takes 21 days for happiness to change you're thoughts.. remember three things you're grateful/happy about three times daily..

hope this helps..

Thank you, I will try to do all of these things.

I'm right here inbox whenever you like

^ excellent advice. I hope you feel better soon. Remember, time will always pass by, and no feeling is permanent, no matter how terrible it is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you told your friends about your medical issues? Honestly I think being open with your school friends would take a huge weight off of your mind.

If you have any friends at school that are willing to video call you and have the camera facing the teacher so you can somewhat fee like you're there. That could help greatly when you physically can't make it. Though always ask the teachers first and let them know about your medical issues too.

Good news about the part where you said, " people at school probably now know me as 'the sick girl." I doubt anyone in your school is thinking that and are probably worried about themselves and how they come off to others.

At 19:09 is when he explains more about what I mean.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o268qbb_0BM

Also always know you're never alone when it comes to these kinds of feelings. There are thousands or millions of people that feel the same way as you do. I myself go through those feelings as well when it comes to feeling like a burden to anyone you come in contact with. In my case it's due to my comorbid (having 2 or disorders) mental disorder. Dealing with those feelings isn't easy but reminding yourself that you still have the future, that things can always change for the best. That tends to help you get through the present. Even if that's not how things truly turn out in the end, still it helps you to keep moving forward.

What Guys Said 8

• Hey!
    Sorry to hear that. But I understand. My best friend studies abroad and he faced something similar early on, and whenever he needed someone to talk to, I was there. So talk to a friend or someone you can connect to. They will help you out and give you the motivation you need. And always try to be positive and see the good side of things. You're going through a hard phase here, but it will get better eventually. You just need to stay strong.

Best of luck! Things will get better I promise.

Thank you very much!
      Everyone has been telling me it's a phase and I hope it goes away pretty soon.
      How is your friend? Is he much better now?

Yes, he's doing great right now! And so will you! It takes a while to adjust to new surroundings, it's completely normal. Just stay strong and be positive! 😊

• Aww! Don't be sad! I think you're awesome! Life comes and goes in waves. We have high and low points. Just keep going forward and things will get better. Each day is simply one step; and each morning is a new day. Soon you'll be standing somewhere else.

• I think opening up to those who are important to you is important. Rather than trying to keep everything bottled up inside.
    Talk to your friends, family, instructors/teachers.
    Bring them into your life, rather than keeping them in the dark.

I think it all starts there

That's the problem that I have... I keep bottling things inside.
      I need to start talking about this more often to people.

absolutely!
      Try it.. sooner than later!
      Show how strong you are to let your thoughts out :)

• You can get better

• try and speak to a counselor. maybe they can help

I am going to consider that idea again.

I don't know why I chickened out the first time I wanted to talk to my counselor... that was very stupid of me.
      Tomorrow when I get back to school, the first thing I am going to do is get an appointment with the counselor.

• Ayyyy cutie
    Don't worry 😊
    Chill and always smile
    You'll get well soon

• start meditating

• Try some weed

What Girls Said 17

• Awww I am so sorry that you are going through this. You really want to make me cry. Please do not give up on school. School will keep you busy and take your mind off of your illness. Even when your in the house try to stay busy: clean, do laundry, offer to babysit, work on planning goals, journal, or take walks to clear your mind. Please do not focus your energy on what other people say about you. I know its tough and not easy but train your thoughts on something else. I really hope things work out for you

It's okay and I'm sorry I don't mean to make you cry..
      And thank you for the advice as well. I try to take my mind off the illness whenever I start thinking about it.

• Hey, I'm also struggling with some personal problems. And these are the quotes that i read everytime i'm crying, angry or don't know what im feeling. It helped me, it's still hard, but it helps.
    "If you can't change your life, be the change in your life"

"“Change happens for you the moment you want something more than you fear it.”

“Feeling bad is not the problem. The problem is that we feel bad about feeling bad. Once you begin to let go of feeling bad about feeling bad, and start feeling better about feeling bad, then pretty soon you'll just feel better. And then you'll feel awesome.”

“I am not a victim of the weather not because I can control it or avoid it, but because I can always work with it and through it. And I need not be a victim of my feelings not because I can control or avoid them, but because I can always work with them and through them.

No one is in charge of your happiness except you

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it.
    You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache”

• Sorry of hear that you're having a rough time. I know too well about dealing with chronic pain and illness. I fortunately didn't have to start dealing with them until I as done with school, but I an imagine how tough it can be. I suggest finding someone you can talk to whenever you start to feel like this. Be it a therapist, friend, counselor, whatever. I don't recommend bottling it. Maybe look into groups where people share your illness. It's nice to talk to people that understand what you're going through. I pray it gets better for you. And my inbox is open as well.

• Aww hey there chicka. I'm sorry that you're going through this all by yourself. I know what it feels like to be all alone or the feeling of it and the isolation can get to someone. it's a tough situation no doubt. Now your illness is just a part of life. maybe temporary maybe permanent. ( I'm sorry I don't know much about your illness) But you'll learn how to deal someway no doubt :) you're a strong one don't forget it! now kids aren't the nicest. I know. they're mean because they can't understand something or someone and then they label it in a stupid way. But either way just be you. Talk to your teachers or your councillors. That helped me in school. Occupy yourself. And be you. No one can make you be someone you're not! You're a special girl. And embrace it :) dont feel bad for something you cannot control! Hope all goes well :)

• I think you need to vent your frustrations. You can go to a therapist or a counselor for this. If you need anything, I'm here. It will take some adjusting, but you got this.

• Just take one breath at a time.

• Have you tried talking to anyone about it. It doesn't have to be all your family and friends. Even one person?

I talk to my mom about it all the time... but I just feel like I am stressing her out more :(
      I tried to talk to the my guidance councilor but I chickened out...
      I don't want to talk to any new friends about how I am actually feeling because I JUST met them two months ago and I don't really open up all that much.

I'm going to start talking to my mom about letting me see a therapist or a councilor.

I think that would be best :)

• Sorry you have to go through this, I'm not in the place of giving you advice due to never having been in your situation. All I have to say is that you're able to make it through this, getting out of your head and focusing on external things is better.

• It'll get better soon sweetie. Life has it's ups and downs and all I can really tell you is to stay strong. I hope and pray you get better soon both physically and emotionally.

• The only way to deal is to have a support group. People who love you dearly and won't see you as being "The sick girl", but by your name and who you are! Some school students are so mean, I would check around your town/city to see if there any support groups. If you're more of an introvert, try some meditation. You can find so much joy within yourself. Your friend's you have now shouldn't walk away because you're Ill & if they do, they were never your friends. I hate you have to go through this. Please message me if you're feeling too down to handle!

Thank you very much! So far I haven't heard anyone calling me 'the sick girl' but they probably know me as the girl who is always absent for some reason.

I think every school has a chronically ill student! You're welcome girl. Nobody has to be alone through times like this.

• It gets better, high school sucks yes but it's not like you'll be there forever.
    Ask your friends to send you the homework so you don't fall behind.

You can get through this. You've made it this far to another country all on your own to pursue a better education. Your English writing is good. You got this!! The semester is halfway over and soon you'll have winter break to rest over

Thanks, even though I'm a Native English speaker... hehe.
      My friends have been lending me their notes as soon as I walk into class, so thank goodness for them.

• Stay strong. It will get better. Maybe not immediately, but in time. Life may be a bitch, however even life's stamina doesn't last forever ;)
    In addition to that, even though they might annoy you and be too worried, your friends and family obviously love you. Leaving them would be by far worse for them to cope with.

• YOU ARE NOT A BURDEN, WE ALL FUCKING CARE. OMG WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG AND CAN I HELP. AND DONT DIE OR I SWEAR ILL KILL YOU!! :E

• i hope you will get better

• Hang in there you just need to relax and give yourself some time to adjust. Everything will work out in the end do what legalboxers suggested talk to a counselor.

• Awww. That's so sad. Please get well soon. :(

• Hi, I'm really sorry to hear that you feel this way. What is your illness if you don't mind me asking?