Is an A- on a midterm good?

Lots of people got that grade.

I'm just one of the many apparently.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• obviously... god it's annoying when people who make A's still think they did bad

What Guys Said 15

• A minus? That's just almost an A or an A plus. It's not like a B minus or less so I wouldn't even worry about it or fret over it.

• Never be disappointed with the grade you didn't get with the work you didn't do. Put in as much as what ya want out

• It depends, but yes, it's a decent grade. Some professors (present company excluded) don't give A's at all (yes, I know a few), and some give A's really easily.

present company excluded? What do you mean?

I checked the percentile breakdown and the average was a 74%. Also almost half of the class seemed to have gotten A- and above.

I'm a professor of Computer Science and Software Development for a private 4-year college and a local technical college. Education is my job. :)

And from what you've said, you're in the top 50%, so be proud of your accomplishment!

Wow that's pretty cool, ha ha thank you. I guess top 50% is a good start and I can work my way towards a higher percentile after this

• Nope

• Try engineering school. Getting an A on anyth big test is worth getting drunk for.

You know something interesting about engineers is that the ones who pass in distinction are the most social people alive.

• Depends on the class average

• That's good

• Sounds like an easy class.

Not really. It is supposed to be a bit difficult, however there are lots of people enrolled (almost 100 people).

Also I realized that the reason I didn't do too well on the midterm (as in better than A-) is because I mainly studied the more complicated material when I should've studied the basics a lot more.

• Nope, horrible grade... how dare you...

• Nooooooo!

• obviously its good... i think it comes out to around 90. good job :)

• It's still in the A range. I'd take it and be happy.

• Yes, it's pretty good to me and it's better than getting a B.

• Yes.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It's fine...

I'd prefer an A. I like A's.

• Yes. It means you passed and that you won't have to pay for that credit again.

• Yes. Very good

• Oh got, an A minus? You may have to repeat the class I'm afraid :P