Are acronyms confusing, or am I an idiot?

It seems as though every time I get online, there is a new acronym for something that I've never seen before. Sure I know "lol" and "jk", you know, the simple shit. But I have to Google different letters all the time, I'm just not in the loop... y'all feel me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Same I don't type like that so I constantly have to look it up

Most Helpful Girl

• Urban dictionary is your friend

What Guys Said 12

• I have the same issue sometimes but you know I don't count that as a bad thing because that just means my life doesn't revolved around the internet and that's tge way I want to keep it.

• Join the club at least once a day I have google an internet acronym.

• They are not confusing at all. They ease up the life and I'm really good at acronyms. Just for fun check up airport codes, airlines codes, Railway station codes, train numbers, flight numbers... You'll find hell lot of them. I remember everyone of them I heard :D (I'm an aviation and railway fan)

Very cool, you probably know a ton of them for your job. I know most medical abbreviations, I'm a medical technician at an assisted living facility, but when it comes to the social stuff, I waste a few minutes trying to think of what it could be before Googling. 😄

Haha that happens at the very first time you see an acronym. (We all didn't born with the knowledge, we have to learn... Isn't it?)

• I empathize.

• I don't use acronyms in my language like lol , tbh , wtf , etc. I understand the meanings of acronyms but I prefer to use proper British or American English words.

• I've googled many too

• Yeah I have that problem too. Its frustrating to say the least.

• IFY (i feel you)

• Yeah. Its stupid to use acronyms. Lazy people

• I down bother with any of that garbage.

• wtf? omg! lol

• I get that sometimes.

What Girls Said 2

• I got used to them. You're not an idiot if you don't come in contact with them often. I see them all the time... you pick up a thing or two

• yes I have a hard time with that too, its okay