Why is my Android phone so slow?

I've had my phone for two years. It is so slow that I would get a new one if I wasn't trying to save money to move out. Most of the time, I have to press something four or five times to get it to do anything. And even when I do make it do something, it's always about ten seconds behind me. Also the camera has difficulty focusing.

Most Helpful Guy

• That android for you. Lucky it even lasted 2 years. I had an android and the first month it started working worse than my iphone after 3 years

Try this
    Restart your device
    Free up your ram
    Clean out junk files
    Have at least 1-2 gb of free space
    Factory restore if you need to

What Guys Said 7

• Which phone do you own?

Factory resetting it might speed it up, but make sure you have a back up of all your files because everything will get erased.

It's a Motorola X fourth generation

I think you might be wrong cause the 4th gen is supposed to come out this year lol but the 2nd one is from 2014.

Its not a bad phone so it shouldn't slow down like that. I would upload your pictures and documents onto a laptop and then I would factory reset it and should run as good as new :D

• One of the reasons is, apps are more and more arduous, but hardware is still the same. To avoid this problem, you should buy higher end device, it's more expensive, but these lasts longer. I had Samsung Galaxy S4, and device is still fast. You can try download app like SD maid. This app will keep your phone in shape

• Do you have this brush icon on your phone? I need to clean unwanted files every week or so or I have the same problem.
    It takes about 2 min and for example today (you reminded me to do it!) there were over 500 MB of useless files :-(

• Try clearing the "Cache" in your most commonly accessed apps.

• Mine had problems like that, couldbe a virus

• Android phone + years of wear... Yea sorry hon bad combo

• What phone is it.

What Girls Said 0