Have you heard about the Armenian Holocaust?

This happened in April 24, 1915 – 1917 and the ones killing was the Ottoman Empire. What happened was that they exterminated 1.5 million Christian Armenians, mostly Ottoman citizens within the Ottoman Empire and its successor state, the Republic of Turkey

• I have
  • I haven't

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I mean there is a good reason why the Ottoman Empire was a failure and the people rose up. The Ottomans had to suppress a lot of rebellions and revolutions because the people hated the empire so much.

It was horrible what happened.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• Yes, I know about this tragic event. And I also know that Turkey has never been willing to acknowledge honestly what happened.

• It would be difficult, not to have heard about it. The Ottoman empire was starting to crumble at that moment.

• History major hon.. Very sad to say this was the first modern genocide and is still denied by the Turkish government today 🇨🇴

i think it was more tragic than the one in world war 2 and it seems the world and even the media seem to over look anything pre world war 2.

yeah they need more respect than they get or have.

• I have heard and read about it.
    Turkey tries to deny it.
    Germany launched a judicial enquiry and it was agreed that Turkey did commit a holocaust. Other countries seem to not care and launch their own research and judicial precedings in order to come up with a verdict whether they see it as a holocaust etc.

• Yep, I've been to the Armenian Genocide Memorial here in the L. A. area.
    We have like the 2nd largest Armenian community outside of Armenia. Very hairy arms lol... naw but they're cool people. s

• I have heard about it.

• sure. it was a pretty big thing in the news last year because the German government made a resolution which brought problems with Turkey. But I heard of it before

• The Muslim Ottomans also murdered hundreds of thousands of Christian Greeks at the same time.

• I have... it's in history books but only Turkey refuses to recognize it happened :o

• I have heard of it, but dont know a lot

• Yep.

• Yup. Denied by the Turkish government of today.

The Turkish government of today denies it.
      *-Like the American government denies the genocide of Native Americans and the genocide in Iraq.
      *-Like the Belgian government denies the genocide of Congolese by Leopold II in the 19th century (before Congo was an Belgian colony)
      *-Like France denies the genocide in Algeria
      *-Like the UK denies responsibility for the victims of the Indian partition.

@jacquesvol yup a lot of government deny atrocities of the past. Also I'd add the Chinese government denying the many deaths from the Great Leap Forward.

• Yeap.

We defended them, by the way.

Just sayin'.

• I have Armenian friends.

• I read about it, but I'm fuzzy on the details of it.

• If you read the Bible real closely, you'll realize that God is a strong supporter of genocide if things get too bad. Look at Noah's arc. God is not a supporter of peace.

• A shit load of people still deny it today.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah I heard about most genocides because we studied them in HS.
    I also heard about the massacre of Muslim Filipinos by the US in the early 1900's and the massacre of Muslim Bosnians by the Serbs in the 90's.
    And the Rwanda genocide, and the Genocide against Muslim Rohingya in Myanmar still taking place to this present moment.
    I would expect any person with at least a HS or Middle school education to have heard about the Armenian genocide as-well as most of the other ones I just stated.

hardly the same all the examples you gave were either a result of a civil war or a fight over a piece of land , and judging from your opinion you have a lot of hate for christians, you not only avoided mentioning the armenian genoicide but also mentioned every other instance where "Muslims" have been killed, so to you its okay, if muslims die so should christians, no wonder you're stuck where you are and will never advance.

• yes. first heard of it from one of my armenian dormmates in college.

• I have heard of it. Don't know the details of it though.

• Yes, I have.