My fellow blind people: do you prefer glasses or contacts?

I'm blind as a bat. I can't see shit

• Glasses
    53% (18)38% (5)49% (23)Vote
  • Contacts
    41% (14)8% (1)32% (15)Vote
  • I have good vision (fuck you)
    6% (2)54% (7)19% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
1mo I prefer glasses because I can't handle things going in or near my eyeballs

0|0
17|7

Most Helpful Girl

• I like glasses. I hate when anything comes near my eyes so I feel a bit of 'protection' when I have glasses on, I guess. But I can't stand ANYTHING going in my eyes.

1|2
    0|0
    • 1mo

I'm the same. I can't even do eye drops lmao

• Show All
    • 1mo

What do your eye tests involve mine has a machine where you see a bright light then your taken into the next room to wear a pair of glasses with different lenses and vocal points to see the words on a screen with one eye at a time

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you mean by "blind"? Are you talking about blurry vision but without any actual disorder? I find it insulting to call this "blind" because I doubt you know what it means to actually be almost or completely blind. I have been born with a severe visional disability. I am completely blind on my left eye and I have a vision of roughly 5% on my right eye.
    I don't use glasses or contact lenses because they are both worthless for me (my condition cannot be improved mechanically).

Unless you walk to school with a cane or a seeing eye dog, you use a speech program on your computer and you're not capable to do every-day tasks that other people do with ease, you're not even close to being "blind as a bat".

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• Glasses, I can't get contacts lol :( I have 2 sight problems and my doctor told me it's very complicated to get contacts.
    Plus I have allergies and my eyes can get itchy so, nope ><

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer contacts whenever I can.
    Glasses when I am going for long outing where I can't change lens if needed to

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say contacts but since I'm a lazy person, glasses are less problems. It's just annoying when you do sports and get sweaty so they go down your nose (well mine do). I feel more confident with contacts. It took me 2 weeks of trying before being able to put them in my eyes though. I guess it's all about getting used to it (I had a really strong reflex and had to "kill it")

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear contacts out in public most of the time but glasses are more comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Glasses, but I hate that they can get dirty in a matter of seconds. T_T

0|0
    0|0
  • I put in my contacts right when I wake up and take them out right before I go to bed. Nobody even knows I have bad vision haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Glasses. Can't wear contacts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate contacts because they always feel itchy in my eyes

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like I look better in glasses. I only use contacts for sport or 3D movies :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Contacts I look ugly with glasses and I always lose them.

0|1
    0|0
  • contacts but I do have a very expensive pair of nice glasses that are super comfortable

0|0
    0|0
  • I just have a pair of cheaters for the small stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Contacts

0|0
    0|0
  • Glasses bc it's less risky

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear glasses and look good irl with them but not in pics, gonna get contacts reallllyy soooonnn

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear contacts. But I also own glasses.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I have a good vision but I would wear glasses. They look cool and I am terrified of sticking things on my eye.

0|0
    0|0
  • Glasses as the enhance my attractiveness :D.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am blessed with good vision.

1|0
    0|0
  • You'll never know, and neither will they.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck me

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm legally blind in my left eye, my right eye is still fine I guess but I need glasses to read.

0|0
    0|0