What the Difference between Genuine Motor Oil and aftermarket?

Updates:
26d I plan to change the oil and filter on my 2015 Honda Accord, but I Don't know if I should use genuine 0w20 motor oil plus filter or mobile 1 0w20 Extended performance motor oil with the mobil 1 oil filter?

1|0
2|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Being you NEED to know the Make and Model of your 2015 Honda Accord, Wait One second, when my roomie gets out of the wc, I am asking to Make Sure for Reliable and Best Answer. xx

0|1
    0|0
    • 26d

*5W 30 Synthetic blend, Not FULL synthetic but this.
      Look up the Make and Model Number for the car or ask someone for help. Usually a book at any place or someone who can best assist, depending on where YOU go, Mo. xxoo

• Show All
    • 24d

lol!!! NO MORE GREASE JOB!!! XXOO

• 24d

lol haha

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• Never heard of aftermarket oil but it doesn't sound good.

0|0
    0|0
    • 26d

Like, Not your car manufacture brand oil. Like, Mobil 1 or something would be your car brands oil.

• Show All
    • 26d

what do you mean?

• 26d

Genuine motor oil (what you referenced in your question is REAL motor oil. Synthetic motor oil (which apparently your car calls for is NOT REAL motor oil. It's synthetic
      Synthetic;
      syn·thet·ic
      sinˈTHedik/
      adjective
      (of a substance) made by chemical synthesis, especially to imitate a natural product.
      "synthetic rubber"
      LOGIC
      (of a proposition) having truth or falsity determinable by recourse to experience.
      (of an emotion or action) not genuine; insincere.
      "their tears are a bit synthetic"
      synonyms: artificial, fake, imitation, faux, mock, simulated, ersatz, substitute; More
      pseudo, so-called;
      man-made, manufactured, fabricated;
      informalphony, pretend
      "synthetic leather"
      antonyms: natural

What Guys Said 2

• Not a damn thing

0|1
    0|0
    • 26d

Really? I plan to change the oil and filter on my 2015 Honda Accord, but I dont know if I should use genuine 0w20 motor oil plus filter or mobile 1 0w20 Extended performance motor oil with the mobil 1 oil filter?

• Show All
    • 26d

Mobile One is the best full synthetic on the market imho. It really does better than conventional and blends

• 26d

Alright, guess I'll go with mobil one

• All oil has to meat certain standard so you should be safe no matter what you pick as for filters definitely go with what you already have on it but all that being said your talking a extra $20 in experience on a moter worth 3500 to replace

0|0
    0|0
    • 26d

Well I mean, The genuine Honda motor oil is 35 bucks plus oil filter and then mobil 1 oil is 22 bucks on sale and oil filter is 10 bucks lol