For the LGBTQ people on GAG, what sexuality are you, and how dI'd you come out?

I'm a bisexual girl and I'm out to most of my friends, but not my parents. My mother would be fine, but my father is overprotective and pretty against it, so I don't know how to go about this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bisexual and transexual. Coming out i did the latter first. was stuck in car with my mum looking out window depressed, she asked what was wrong, i just cracked and said i wanted to be a girl and always have.
    As for my father, day i got my hormones i told him i was trans. Decided to wait to tell him.

As for sexuality, they both asked once i'd transitioned how exactly i see myself sexually, i said bisexual/pansexual. They didn't care that much. Both support me.

What Guys Said 3

• You are ONLY 15! Wait until you leave home, or become collegiate, or both.

I understand the feelings, but shouldn't you let the numerous other crises of adolescence play out first?

No this is *not* an attack on your perceived sexuality, but I do put emphasis on the word perceived. So much turmoil goes on in those teen years.

I'm certain I'm bisexual. It's not hard to tell that I'm attracted to both genders..

OK, even if you are certain, there is SO much going on in those years besides that. And that is why we have a taboo against minor sexuality and we have "age of consent" laws.

You have a right to grow up before you get into the murk and gurk of sexuality, hetero or otherwise.

• I think many people in the LGBTQ don't consider queer but I don't care. I'm asexual and aromantic. I only came out to people who I know and trust. They all thought it's not a big deal.

• I;m bisexual but not really out about it

What Girls Said 0