Do you have a list of names for kids that you may (or may not) have in the future? If so, what are some of the names?

Over the years, I have written down names that I like so that I don't forget them. Sometimes the list changes and I ax a name I thought I liked. Anyone else do this?

• Yes I have a list/ideas about names for future kids
    71% (51)51% (18)64% (69)Vote
  • Nope
    25% (18)40% (14)30% (32)Vote
  • Other
    4% (3)9% (3)6% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
30|13

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Even though I don't want kids I've prepared a list of names that I would have prefered my mom to have named me which I will substitute for a list of future kid names.

1.) Bobbi
    2.) Charlie
    3.) Kelima
    4.) Wren
    5.) Toni
    6.) Rue
    7.) Freddie

I like names that are sort of androgynous. Bobbi, Charlie, Toni, and Freddie could are super androgynous when spoken out loud but I used the feminine spellings of the names.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• I don't, I'm not good at giving names.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a couple of names in my head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, but I will have a kid with my name, so I can call him rg3 2.0 (rg3tpo)... sounds dope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I do but I like these two names most of all.

Matthias

Elara

0|0
    1|0
  • For girls:
    Hollyann
    Amanda
    Magdalene

For boys:
    Titanic1912 junior

1|0
    0|0
  • Harambe.
    Joke. My ex kinda got me onto Athena, so I still like that. It's just sad to call her my ex when we thought this deep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah...

but i'll never get to have kids lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Turbo
    Thor
    V8
    V12
    Darth
    Crusher
    Thrasher
    Conan

Just to name a few

0|0
    0|0
  • A mental list but if a boy Vincent Edwards knight and if a girl Alice Bernadette knight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cthulu, Eater of Worlds, Devourer of Mankind works for a boy or a girl.

3|0
    0|0
  • Obviously I do.
    42 kids all called borise regardless of gender
    and 42 pet koalas all called steven but with different surnames obviosly to help tell them apart.
    media.giphy.com/media/ldcfCMdHGDJNC/giphy.gif

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 29

• Yes I have a list. And I'm not sharing.

1. Its personal
    2. Surname effects name choice
    3. Family traditions effect the choice.

For instance, my boyfriends family tradition is the first born son has the middle name George. If I love the name Mohammed, Muhammad George sounds a bit weird. Add his surname and it's weirder.

Too many factors to just "give my list"

1|0
    3|0
  • i keep a full book of names i like, categorized by letter and gender (masc/fem/neutral).

... not for kids (i'm not having any of those), but for characters.

if i had a kid, i'd name it demon lord steve accident lucifer [husband's last name].

0|0
    1|0
  • I kind of do that. I've heard names over the years that I've quite liked and have kept note of, both mentally (and written because when I first started I realised I forgot the names! ha).

I don't talk about them or tell people, especially my boyfriend because i odn't want to seem like I'm pushing for kids any time soon.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

Lol yeah. I'm definitely not taking it too seriously. Who knows if I ever will have kids. I just don't want to forget names that I've liked.

• 1mo

Exactly, I mean I just think they're really pretty names. It's typically girls names really, but yeah hearing a name you like is different from planning a child!
      I do the same if I see a pretty wedding hair style, I save the picture in a folder on my computer. It was pretty, may use it for inspiration if (aka when :P) I get married. Doesn't mean I'm planning anything lol

• I have been keeping a list too! At first I thought I must be crazy, but honestly I know I would forget the names if I did not write them down. I don't even know if I will ever get the chance to have kids. But hopefully I do, and then at least I will be ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know... Sort of... I have ideas... Thing is I write a lot of novels so every time I look for names I pick out ones I like the most, so my kids might very likely be named after characters from my novels LOL, names like Leah, Lilith, Eline, Evelyn, Dylan, Vanessa, Isaac...

Or maybe I might end up taking a stroll down the graveyard like my mother did when she picked out my damn name after a random dead person (which is sad and ironic cause my older brother is named after an angel). 😐

0|0
    0|0
  • We do have a few ideas :P

Boys:

- Tobias is probably our favourite
    - Alexander (Classics student here, desperate to convince him Alexander is a cool name)
    - Nathaniel (possibly)

Girls:

- Elizabeth
    - Lily
    - Kaitlyn

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course :3

Girls:
    Maura, Rin, Rae, Hinata, Hana, Mina
    Boys:
    James, Jaime, Jude, Joel... guess I like J's, it's all a coincidence by the way. I think I associate the J sound with boys because I dislike most J girl names.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have names but I'm not sharing. Sorry.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a list, it keeps growing lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Boys: Seth, Nero
    Girls: Sabra, Neimi
    Writing them out, I JUST realized the first letters are the same. Weird. O. o Not even intentional.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I've thought about some names, but I don't have a list. And as the time goes by, I start thinking that I will never have kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls:
    Alice Rowena
    Charlotte Renee

Boys:
    Elijah Desmond
    Ezra David

Boyfriend and I decided that I'll name girls, he'll name boys if we have one of each.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to name my daughter - Sakura

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a list but some idea of name like Thomas, Rose, Marie, Elliot, Elise, Lila all French name I find French name so cute. I also like Russian, Japanese and Chinese name like Yuki, Yuri, Yumi, Momoi, Daisuke.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had one. Since I'm not planning to have any more children I gave the list to my daughter who likes to write stories, so she can have some names for her characters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Charlotte Rae
    Noah Kai

0|0
    0|0
  • I always wanted two girls who would be named Katelyn and Lucinda. if it's a boy, I think Damien or Travis. probably travis

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl:
    Gillian
    Amy
    Holly
    Suzanna
    ... seriously this list could go on and on and on and on. I go in phases with girl names.

Boys:
    Jesse
    James
    Jamie
    ... J names are the best.
    Oh and I also like the name Micheal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a couple of names over the years but forgot em lol I jus know I want them to start with a D.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a list.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no I don't have a list.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. I have some dutch names and some English names.

0|0
    0|0
  • Atkinson Louise, Lorelai Rene, Camden Wade, and Porter James

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i have an idea of their nicknames which i will call them but no idea on their real name

0|0
    0|0
  • scary

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Scary? Lol who knows if I'll ever have kids or get married (and I'd be okay with wherever my life goes), but I don't think it's too weird to write down names so I don't forget them.

• Boy:
    Nathaniel

Girl:
    Alessandra

0|0
    0|0
  • I really like the name Justine (and her nickname would be JJ)

0|0
    0|0
  • I have 2 boys: William Patrick & Daniel Francis

girl names I love: Claire, Eliza, Imogen, Chara, Sloan
    middle name: Joy, Theresa

0|0
    0|0