Short peeps, have you ever had a staring contest with someone who looked at you weird for knocking things off of shelves because you can't reach them?

Sooo... Taco the Great was shopping today because food is life, and I couldn't reach some (most) things because Taco the Great is only 5'1 (154.9cm). So to get certain things down without having to pester someone taller about it, I got a broom from the cleaning isle, and I knock whatever isn't easily broken off of the shelves. This went on for a good minute until I noticed some dude watching me do this, and I couldn't help but think "So are you going to watch or help?" We looked at each other for at least a good 2 minutes before he asked if I needed help. After that we talk about random shit and went our separate ways. Anyone else have any short person stories of the day?

1mo Share some of our awkward short people stories! xD
1mo Short guys are welcomed to chime in too. This question isn't gender biased. xD

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6'4" you can get everything on the bottom shelf I'll get everything on the top shelf. We'll make an unbeatable shopping team lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I kinda just... jump up and down until someone comes over and gets it for me.

- one time, at Barnes and nobles I couldn't reach a book so I climbed onto the shelves and knocked the whole bookcase over. A worker walked by right as all the books went tumbling to the floor and I'm just like "sorry, didn't catch who did this, they went that way" - pointed in random direction.-

- one time at the grocery store some dumbass stacked all the toilet paper packages up like 8 feet high, jenga style.
    http://i.imgur.com/FYV1JyP.jpg
    Like this. So I grabbed one near the middle.
    Jenga, motherfucker.
    Yeah I'm not allowed back in that store anymore.

What Guys Said 6

• You're really funny, well I'm 5 ft 6 do you wanna get married and play knock it off the shelf with a a broom for life?

You into short dark skinned black girls who like alternative J-fashion? xD

Hmmm. Yeah that's what I meant..

Lol You talk a slick game, Sir.

• I'm 5'11

• That sounds so awkward... ugh, I would have hate to be in that situation.

• Yeah I think people would be surprised and just can't take your eyes away but if the shorter person asks , the other person would help straight away.

• Short girls are really cute lol, I'm 6'3 and don't mind reaching for stuff.

Being short is a pain in the toosh. I don't like having to climb things or use a broom to knock them over.

• I'm not tall for a guy, but average for both genders (5'6"). So normally it shouldn't be a problem for me.

But in my case things are different. I cannot raise my arms up to a certain level, so I need the help of a stool pretty frequently.

What Girls Said 12

• Not quite, but I had an experience once where I had to ask a guy to get a bag of cheetos for me off of a top shelf in a grocery store because I desperately wanted them. Then he got them for me, laughed and said:

"Man... I remember back when I used to get the munchies, I smoked a lot."

Da fuq I'm not a pothead I just had an inner fat kid, shit.

• I've had staring contests with people who've stood watching me climb the shelves in asda or tesco or something instead of coming over to just give me a hand. Also stared down some people who stared at my boyfriend lifting me up to get things up high (though they may have been staring because I was pretty creatively and probably loudly cursing him out at the time :P ). A few tall people have been nice and came to help though.

What the hell is asda and Tesco? xD

They're British supermarkets, just supermarkets sounds like an American word and I'm not sure what the English actually is :P

• Sigh. All the time, especially if you break something in the process and they just stand there watching you.
    I haven't used props though... usually I just climb on the bottom shelf and poke my fingers through the slats on the shelf below what I want and push the items forward. It's slow going but I am an independent woman dammit!

• I laughed too hard at you referring to yourself in 3rd person. And if you had asked me aloud, "You gonna keep watching or help" after 2 full minutes of staring into each other's soul... I would have simply nodded once very slowly. Eventually saying, "Watch. Definitely watch."

I have a bad back so I can't reach for shit too far above my head or below my waist sometimes. My bitterness CONSUMES me!

I wasn't just staring into his soul, but the source of his existence in the universe!

Marry me now you enlightened dwarf!

@Cg247 The wedding is on Friday so wear your best suit and tie.

• I use a chair to do everything but sometimes I get sick of the chair so I climb.. I fell and got stuck in my washer.

• At indoor climbing I'm shorter than everyone (158 cm) and also new so I have to do things very differently than the other people. Every "root" we have to do is a whole different thing to me with different techniques from everyone else

You're taller than I am so I envy you. xD

To tall cute girls then :3 if you do, there will be no struggle anymore

I just want my stuff and to not be caught struggling with a broom in my hand, or while I'm climbing shelves...

• No, I try to do it when nobody is around. XD

• Yes I have (and being clumsy only compounded the problem) :(

• Why do you knock shit off? Just grab a chair and do some climbing. Or jump and pull what you need down, catching it on it's way.

I am not grabbing a chair to climb in a supermarket.

And?

What's the big deal about it?

So what someone saw you not being able to do a thing all short people can't do. Not a new amazing thing, you weren't caught shitting your pants or murdering your mother, you were caught being unable to reach something.

It's was so awkward though. xD

• My pet hate, it's so so rude, my 2 friends passed something over my head the other day. I hate that so much, it gets me so mad, then people are just like haha oh sorry.

Were they playing monkey in the middle with you? My friends do that with my stuff sometimes and I hate it.

No, literally just passing something. My friend said to pass his phone, other friend passed it over my head. If I was their height, they would pass it around me, not over my head. I just find it rude, don't know why. It's just always been a thing that gets to me.

Ohhhh I gotcha. People do that to me too. .-.

• Who is this taco the great person and why hasn't Donald trump deported her?

Because Taco the Greats family has been here longer than Donald Dumptruck.

Mr chump is good man I love his style he true American he fight in 1776 revolution all hail lord dump 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

• You go Girl. The short shit struggle is real. That mother ducker was in awe of your ambition.. You make shit happen.. Even though, you're a short shjt