What's the point of asking people to rate your looks on here?

These people just come across as very unconfident and insecure. You'll never get an honest opinion, some will try to boost your ego, some will try to bring you down because they're jealous/you're out of their league, plus pictures don't tell the whole story most of the time, you could be a solid 10 and still get rated lower than 6 or the other way round. ( Seen that a lot of times )
I don't think I'll ever ask anyone on here to rate me, I have a few guys all over me in real life and that's enough for me to believe I can be confident about my looks.

What Guys Said 14

• I feel like it's foreign (i. e. non-American) people. Like you know how you'll watch a foreign movie and the characters will just act weird? I think this is one of those weird things that non-Americans do. Same with the questions of "Guess my nationality". I let it go because I sort of assume that I just don't "get it".

• 27d

Actually Americans come across as completely awkward to most foreigners lol

• 27d

Ikr, when do you want to fly me out there? :D

• 27d

PM with the dates that work for you and we'll set it all up.

• If you're well liked on here then you will be a 10/10 regardless of what you look like. If you're me then you will be a 2/10 to everyone here. Rating questions are completely pointless. Plus dudes are thirsty as fuck. They thinking rating a 4/10 an 8/10 will give them attention from that girl.

• 27d

"If you're me then you will be a 2/10 to everyone on here".

Do you want a rating to boost that bruised ego? You poor misunderstood man. hehe

• 27d

@Smmyskittles Baha ty don't need validation rn. Just making it a point that gag ratings have little to do with looks as it does with your feelings towards that user or desperation.

• 27d

Yeah, most will. Then there are a few that will actually rate you honestly. I do and will.

• " i have a few guys all over me in real life and that's enough for me to believe I can be confident about my looks."

So you are asking why people should not rely on the validation of others for their confidence but your confidence comes from guys giving you validation as well? Ok.

• 27d

That's not really the point. The point is that most girls know whether they're attractive or average/unattractive ( ugly is a strong word and very few girls are truly ugly ), so them asking on here means that:
      1 either they're fishing for compliments
      2 they know they're unattractive but they desperately want someone to prove them wrong

• 27d

You already know the point of asking.

• 27d

2 points to be precise.

• I wondered the same question myself.

People ask for a rate then get butt-hurt when you rate them realistically. Like... if you were a legit 8+ you wouldn't be on the internet asking for a rate.

• It gives your insecurity a little boost. Most of these "rate me" questions come from 25 and under which makes sense. People that age aren't exactly the most confident with their looks. Which is ironic because you're the most attractive in your early 20's.

• "I don't think I'll ever ask anyone on here to rate me, I have a few guys all over me in real life and that's enough for me to believe I can be confident about my looks."

Maybe they're not getting that in real life, so this is where they do it. I didn't even realise women could be attracted to me until I was 19, so certain damage to the ego can be done.

• 27d

That's the point. If you don't get that in real life, you know you're not that attractive, so why fish for compliments on here

• 27d

Ignorance can no longer play the nice card

• 27d

@Sweet_Sour Not gonna be nice to someone who calls me ignorant for no reason, deal with it, had you been nice to me I would've been less straightforward.

• those people are either insecure about their looks, or curious what other people think of their looks, or they just want to hear some compliments

• Been here for a while and i know how I look so I don't need to ask that
    If people ask it then it's their choice so idc about it
    And i personally think everyone knows how they look :P

• They think they'll get an honest opinion or they're insecure.

• ego boost

• how to show the boys that I am beautiful I am looking like this and I am open you can be with in relationship with me I don't mind it and I can show off such things in public so in private I can do many many more things. way to get a boyfriend.

• Massage your ego? Iunno. I like hot chicks.

• Because I like mentally jackin off to their compliments , gets me every time

• They don't get attention in real life, so they come here and ask, cause they know people will answer (free points for giving a 1 or a 10)

What Girls Said 6

• I always think that more often than not, it is someone trolling or someone pretending to me someone they are not to get people to rate their friend/enemy/love interest.

And sometimes it's just people being insecure.

• some are here cause they really have issues and others are here to fish for compliments

• I don't know. It's silly to me.

• I feel the same way it's rather weird lol

• that's why i blocked the entire "how do i look" topic on this site

• Most rate me questions are not of the asker. They're trolling. That's why I never rate anyone. They are literally posting to take the piss