Is "Negro Bedwench" a racist term?

I am an African-American female. I posted a picture of an attractive male cop on my Instagram and a bunch of black men started calling me a "Negro Bedwench" and a "coon." I've NEVER dated a white guy in my entire life. All of my boyfriends have been biracial. Even though they're black, I feel like they're being racist towards me

• Yes
  • No

What Guys Said 6

• Most black men want to have their cake, and everyone else's too. My wife is black, by the way.

• Some girl on Twitter said minorities cannot be racist because racism has to do with structural inequities, and not so much to do with individual's opinions. I don't know It's confusing.

• Its not racist.
    But its highly offensive. These men are implying that you are attracted and date white men (or police officers) for your own gain. They see this as you turning your back on black people.

Very childish.

• They hate cops that it. For me, no way I would date female cops

• They are being racist towards you.

• lol its okay for black dudes to hate you for liking white dudes but not cool if white dudes refuses to date a white girl who likes black guys? dafuq

What Girls Said 5

• Without a doubt. No one says that to be nice. And people who say that and have that mentality are a part of the problem. If we're all truly equal, it shouldn't be bad for people to date interracially. And you aren't any less for dating a guy who had absolutely nothing to do with colonialism and slavery. Just like no one is any less if their ancestors were slaves.

• I guess... But maybe being racist towards your own race isn't considered racist in the world... Who knows...

• I'm sorry that was said to you. Bloody hell who do these guys think they are?

• It's just because of all the stuff going on right now. There's a very visible divide.

Perhaps next you can post that video of one BLM leader hugging a cops wife. The cop got killed. They hugged and had a little chat.

I don't like police, never have, I've seen some disgusting things where I grew up and everybody else was too uneducated to complain. I complained when stuff happened to me though, and some officers were demoted or disciplined.
    If I'd done what they did to me. I'd be in jail. They got a slap on the wrist... so yea fair to say I dislike them.
    But, even I know there are some ok ones in the bunch who chose that job for the right reasons and genuinely want to help. Unfortunately they're not really allowed to speak out against their corrupt or racist colleagues.

Same way they shouldn't judge us on our skin, we can't judge them on the badge. Be cautious, especially if you've had experiences, but you can't hate them all.
    They're dumb. Like one cop might beat up a black boy, but another will put away a serial rapist or pedophile.

• I never understood this whole "negro" as a racist name. Yes, I guess it is associated to the racism 'cause it comes from the Spanish (or Portuguese?) slave dealers, but the world has change.
    If I were a black person, I would be much more offended (and would consider WAAAAY more racist) by "Being a person of colour, she shouldn't vote" than "I think all negros should have the right to make their own decisions."