Why won't the Democratic party leave me alone?

I don't understand what's happening but every single day, several times a day I'm getting phone calls from people of the democratic party trying to get me to vote for Hillary. They call me when I'm at work, when I'm at school. I was working and got three phone calls back to back from different numbers and I call them all back just to have them try to persuade me.

No one else I know is having this issue but when I tell them I'm not voting it's like they condemn me in their minds. They speak condescendingly and try to emphasize the importance. It's like they understand people have the right to vote yet refuse to acknowledge the right to not exercise it.

It's beginning to get annoying. They call me and they text me, they even call me by my first freaking name it's so weird. How do I get this to stop? It's a new person and a new number every single time and they all know my name for some reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that political campaigns are exempt from the federal "do not call" list. But perhaps you could tell them that you're not planning on voting, you're getting annoyed with the calls, and if one more person for her campaign calls, you will vote for Trump. If 3 more call, you'll persuade a ton of your non-voting friends to do the same.

At any rate, thankfully it's over soon.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is important to vote, I agree with them.

How did they get your info? Did you ever show interest in anything or put your info somewhere related to them?
    I'd tell them to get you off their list if I were you. And tell them this is harassment now too.

Not that I recall, but thank you for the advice.

Some people like this were calling me years ago, because I signed one petition they were related to and my boyfriend got some when he did this survey online that was by them and he'd agreed with some of what they'd said.
      It literally could be anything. These people are sly with getting numbers and addresses.

What Guys Said 9

• I get both parties of the federal and state plus the NRA and some other ones. I think I've had 15 calls about it between yesterday and today. Its fucking insane. I hate it!

• Because the election is today, they'll leave you alone after today lol.

• That's the democratic party for ya.

• Politics is evil

• I blame the Clinton campaign.

How do I get it to stop. I tell them I'm not voting and then they try to convince me to vote for her. I haven't had a single Trump phone call but every day I get these people bothering me.

@Red_Arrow
      I'm supposed to not have any party affiliation. At least that's what I told the woman when I got my drivers license.

As I said, you should check with your local election board. It sounds like they put you in the party.

• You might not be interested in the government, but the government is interested in you.

You will be made to care.

• They will now :p
    congratzzzzz!

• That democrat ground game is unparalleled. Too bad it didn't help them. (Not)

• It is important to vote

What Girls Said 3

• well why did you call them back? i wouldn't have. i have actually received a phone call from them, but i was nasty to them the second they mentioned hillary. once they heard the b*tch in my voice, they didn't want to talk anymore. just be nasty to them.

Being nasty to people isn't a good thing in my eyes. And I called them back because I recently applied for another job. I don't want to miss a phone call from them, so every time I get a call saying "hey is this... I'm calling from..." I'm thinking it's them.

Would that work if it's a different person and phone number each time? I don't know. I should probably try sounding more firm in my decision. I think they think they can persuade me by my tone of voice.

yeah, you could try that. have you tried blocking them? i know they use different numbers, but i usually get calls from scam artists using different numbers.

• Tell them you're voting for the Green Party.

• Now you know why..