What kind of childhood did you have?

Most Helpful Girl

• It was okay. Got hit a lot coz i was bad, but nothing that severe. Had few friends. Thought about running away. Hated my family few times. Suicidal thoughts. Average grades. Meh, it was okay.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was beaten physically from age 3 to 14. I picked up a screwdriver instinctively at age 14 and almost killed him with it, after that, he stopped beating me. This same man also tried to shoot me in the head when I was very young, I do not remember what age.

My childhood is very blanked out and I do not remember much, I desperately wish I did.

My parents (mom) was extremely strict religious type. I could not even watch cartoons with glowing eyes because it was "Satanic". It was very, very strict, so...

When I found sex, and drugs, and death metal I fell fully into it. Given the abuse I was suffering/suffered, I just wanted to die, so I did a lot of drugs. I ended up selling drugs, having one night stands, and making friends with the most violent of people.

Eventually I met a wolf at a wolf sanctuary that bonded to me, a 240LB Canadian Tundra wolf who was violent, and angry, and only two or three people could go in there with him. But he bonded to me, and we became best friends, and one day, God told me, if you go to prison (Where I was headed) I will not see the wolf again, and if I die (Also where I was headed) I would never see him again.

That woke me up, and I cleaned up, after having one near fatal drug overdose I had one more and quite everything, cleaned up, now I live legit, it's hard AF but that's pretty much it.

Sorry for the long story

What Girls Said 11

• I was an A+ student back in the day :)
    I was sent to national competitions and never actually came first, I came 2nd once in a math one and 3rd in a reading one.
    But every single time I was naughty I would get a beating and I only used/found out about wifi 3 years ago.

• It was full of imaginary characters and stories, nature, animals, and wrestling with my sister. Some of it was bad though. But I'm happy for the fun I had.

• Pretty boring one. I had to take on a lot of responsibilities for my age. I feel like now I'm finally enjoying what I couldn't in childhood. 😂😂😂

• a scary one, but it had its good moments too.

• I had a very good childhood with my parents and siblings.

• Rough is a good word to describe my childhood.

• Fucked up

• I had a very good childhood

• Abusive

• Perfect... if you would have asked me then I probably would have had a lot to say about it... so hard blah blah blah but now as an adult I believe things are as good as you believe they were and it was pretty perfect.

• I had a pretty good childhood. The things I miss most is not having any of the responsibilities I do now and also going on vacation trips with like the whole family. Overall I'm enjoying life more now but those were good times as well.

What Guys Said 11

• I had a great childhood until I was 12. I lived in a house with 6 apartments and the bottome 4 were families with kids. I always had friends to play with and we had a great time. There was room around the house some grass a swingset, a sandbox trees a garage we used to play hockey or football in the driveway. The neighborhood wa beautiful too.
    qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-86f9d667067173a6e1fea98dea451472
    I grew up i Zürich Switzerland at the outskirts of Zürich. The church was at the top f the road where I lived. That row of houses at the top of the picture if you'dfollow it down you'd be at my old home. You could swim in the river in the Summer and my dad had a boat to blow up we went on the river with that a few times. I had a greeat time, I loved school I was so excited and wanted to learn new things I had a lot of friends I was always happy pretty much.

After I finished primary school things changed though I was young small and childish hyperactive etc. I got bullied in school for 2 years and also my family started to fall apart. My parents marriage died but they staysed together for years my sister got kicked out at 17 because she and my mother hated each other. At the time I with the bullying I started to only rely on myself be ok with beeing alone. I suppressed everything without noticing it, I had a shell around myself I didn't open up to anybody. When my arents asked questions I always deflected. I'm not close to anybody my parents or my sister now. I'm just dealing with my problems and working omy life that's it :P. I still love my old neighborhood I think it's beautiful. I'm trying to find a small apartment there bt it's really hard in Zürich :(.

• one before the internet!
    Lucky me, we played outside.

on the other hand, you were born with an iphone in your face

• That was nice, I was a naughty&noisy kid and annoying people 😎 Just for that my father was beating me at least few times in every month haha.

• An amazing childhood. My parents worked their ass off to provide for me and my brothers. mum worked 2 jobs, and dad worked every hour under the sun, even though it meant he was away from home a lot.

A very happy childhood :)

• boring one

• A pretty easy childhood, I'd say.

• Highs and lows, you know how it goes.

• I had a very fun childhood.

• Difficult, but not the worst, but still not great

• 29d

Pretty bad, but could have gone like this, but didn't :
      Dad commits suicide
      Mother gets raped
      I become a drug addict and alcoholic (Tried weed, never since, drank a little with friends)
      Run away from home
      Hurt people
      I commit suicide

Thankfully all is under control now. But I am still suicidal

• A boring one, and I was homeschooled which is boring too.

• I had a really good childhood and I long to go back in time and relive it.
    So much imagination and fun moments.
    Get lots of nostalgia when looking back.