Tell me something that you have achieved this year that you are proud of?

i am proud of myself for loving myself enough to grow a backbone when it comes to guys in my life
when my ex ignored me for 2 days, messaged me around 11pm and said "hellooo" i simply replied "goodnight =)"
The old me would of talked to him, completely allowed him to take me for granted.
however in response he simply found it offensive that i was leaving as he said hello. i contained myself and simply said "if you want to talk to me, you can talk to me earlier, sweet dreams" i was expecting the worst, however it was well received.
Another guy who kept trying to charm me, telling me sweet nothings/dirty things when i hardly knew him. i simply said to him, i am not going to fall for that if you want my attention you can talk to me like i am a human being, until then take care"
I was never like that, too soft at heart to deny anyone anything.
what is it that you are proud of this year?

What Guys Said 16

• First off, way to go for you! Nothing better than standing up for yourself. For me it was going Skydiving. Even though it's by far the most fun I've ever had in 5 minutes and was an eye opening experience that completely changed my outlook on life, that wasn't what made it such an achievement. It was the fact that it was a dream or "bucket list" thing I've wanted to do for years and never really did it until now. It taught me that my dreams will only remain dreams if I let them stay that way. So long as I don't forget to do the things I want to do in this world there will come a point and time where I'll have the opportunity to do them, but I must never forget them.

• 29d

very inspiring, i loved this. i like how you don't just share your achievement but also share to inspire others to keep trying at their dreams. i have never been sky diving myself, but i can kind of see why it would be life changing. it would show you how fragile life is, because at any moment your parachute could fail. it also shows you how large of a world/universe it really is from afar, that we are just a small fraction of that universe. that and i imagine it's very fun when the initial shitting your pants bit is over haha ^_^
      and thank you =D it does feel really good.

• 28d

exactly haha, i doubt i will ever skydive but i will def do something risky with my life at some point =) try to step over that comfort zone for sure. and yea the hardest part of standing up for yourself is losing someone. but i have learned that if that person leaves because you are not letting them get their own way anymore, it was never meant to be anyway. and i will meet plenty of other people who will either stay or walk away. i am sometimes guilty of being too nice, but i am starting to work more and more on it ^_^ and you are welcome. i think people need a post like this to remember all the good they have done. sometimes the bad times make us start to forget the good

• 28d

It certainly does. With everything a person goes through in their day to day life it's easy to get bogged down by life itself. But the more we have conversations like these, the better we'll feel and hopefully the better will make other people feel.

• I wiped my tushie today! I don't know how I functioned without toilet paper before. Brave new world I tells ya

• 29d

what did you wipe your tushie on before? a pet, your friend? lol in fact i don't want to know i am good :P

• 29d

I didn't use anything 😶

• I haven't killed or unfriended any Trump supporters... yet.

• Plunged into Dark Souls after several years of watching the odd video of it. Beat 2 and 1 over two months, I want a PS4 so I can play 3 and Bloodborne.

• 29d

Took a long time, but finally got there huh haha =) My gaming achievement was getting 23 kills 2 deaths on smite with the goddess awillix. ^_^ *Gamer h5*

• 29d

Never did get into Smite, but well done :P

• 29d

why thank you mi dear ^_^ i hope santa brings you a ps4 this year haha

• I managed so far to face a lot of my personal demons that had developed in childhood that could have lede down a really bad road

• 29d

that's pretty deep, and also very brave. well done dude =)

• 28d

Cheers was trial by fire I guess lol

• Opend gym number five made new friends and got to know some amazing people and heard some great story's been to niagra falls and been swiming with sharks opend doors for old ladies and carried shopping held my new nieces and nephews but my biggest achievement was getting my grandfather to meet his brother after 39 years of not seeing each other amen lol

• 29d

wow what wonderful achievements, you make my achievement look like a cabbage in late bloom haha

• 29d

Message me

• 29d

Ptivate message me

• New career

• I received another gold badge (not physically) for acing a non-credit course at NYU. Now they are on my resume and LinkedIn. Yeeeaaaahhhh!!!

• Saved a pretty good decent amount of money.

Still alive.

• I made nationals a few times in track and field. Not my proudest or only accomplishment, but I'm lazy right now

• Fighting the good fight.
    Getting some of my work on the radio.

• I used to eat 3 boxes of chocolate, I've successfully lowered it to 2.5 chocolates boxes im proud😂😂

• I am proud of... Well...

• I voted for Trump and I am proud of it.

• Went clubbing cause I got over my social anxiety
    Approached girls
    Kissed girls
    Fingered a girl haha yay (would have been proper sex but antidepressants killed any chance of an erection)

• Getting divorced

What Girls Said 14

• Glad to hear that you've grown a backbone! I've also similarly learnt how to grow a backbone when standing up for myself, putting myself out there and being happy for who I am.. been a hard year after countless times of rejection but what kills you makes you stronger! 😊👊

• Going from being Negative and somewhat depressed (2015 was a very bad year for me) to being much more positive and happy.
    Being courageous enough to change my major because it made me miserable although I'm still 21 and in the first year of UNI, at least now i like what I'm doing.
    And another thing but it's a secret haha

• I'm proud that I am fixing my credit score lol I raised it by over 100+. All by finally getting my shit together

• At this point in the year, I feel like Im finally taking charge of my life actively preparing or my future, not just going through the days. I know who I am,(finally) and.. Im just so sure, of so much. Aside from school kicking my behind? Im the most level headed I've ever been

• It took me a whole year to figure out that I'm good enough for myself. Like after being continously brought down by others and who I thought was the love of my life, I just had a hard time this year and I'm finally ready to move on and start appreciating myself.

• I am proud of myself this year for allowing myself to move past a destructive relationship. It has been falling apart for years and I finally took a huge leap and left him. I am so proud I myself for giving myself what I deserve in life. I have found friends I can talk to, open up to, and be 100% myself without shame. It's a beautiful feeling to be able to open up. And it makes me realized how closed I had become from my past relationships.

• Graduating college

• Wow that is awesome! Congrats for standing up for yourself. I even smiled reading it. :).
    I am proud of myself for pushing myself higher at my job. I proved myself and they see it. So I'm just happy to be in a higher position. XD.

• Achieved maximum grades with minimal attendance. Was absent like 25% of the year but still got 100% in 2 classes (and 90+ in the rest) mwahaha. My teachers hate me.

• 29d

haha well you are clearly smart and time adds no exception. congrats ^_^

• gaining more confidence and being more happy overall

• 29d

happier* :P

• 29d

it is the best feeling gaining more confidence and happiness. especially coming from a dark place it feels like freedom lol

• 29d

true true
      still a work in process though

• - a lot less sad compared to last year
    - took my first solo trip, which went better than expected

• I have a 100% percent average in 2 of my classes in school and at my school, a perfect A is an 85. Anything above an 85 counts as an A and not as an A but you DO get honourable mention on the university website for a single year if you manage to get 100 in a course. Aside from that, i have straight As in my other classes.

• Graduate ged in 8 months. Got my driver license. Had my first job. Started college. Stopped letting people step on me. (Still working on the family part)

• I have 3 things. Got a new job this year and left the one that I hated. Finally bought my dream car. And spent more time with my best friend who is practically my sister.