How effective are birth control pills I'm only asking because I keep seeing people my age having kids?

So I'm just curious how effective they actually are or if people just don't use them or what

0|0
2|2

What Girls Said 2

• Some women just don't know how to use it properly

0|0
    0|0
  • Some women can't take them because of family history of cancer (huge risk for some types) or other illnesses, or don't want to take them because of the side effects or potential risks like blood clots.

So it's not just on women.
    And tbh, if I was a man, unless I was with a girl a very long time and trusted her completely, I'm not putting my future in her hands and relying on her remembering to take pills on time each day or consistently when she needs to, or even trapping me on purpose... Guys are dumb for that. Seriously. Let somebody else be in control of such a massive thing that could change your life.
    That's how there's all these kids with no daddy, and how these days everybody is baby mother or baby father but never wife or husband.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Something like 99%, IF SHE ACTUALLY TAKES THEM. And if she isn't fat. I read an article about how birth control doesn't work for women over something like 160 or so.

Problem is, so many of them decide she's going to keep the guy by any means necessary, so "Oops, birth control must have 'failed', tee hee".

0|0
    0|0
  • Even used improperly it is something around 88% iirc.

0|0
    0|0