How to have a positive mind?

How to be positive in your life, always seeing the good side of it, and ignore the negativity , how to always focus on becoming your own source of happiness and being confident and independent without the help of anyone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple : balls, backbone and resilience... never give up and keep moving forward
    "The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!" -Rocky Balboa

Most Helpful Girl

• Having been someone who used to be suicidal and isn't anymore I think I know how to have a positive mind now. The smallest and easiest thing you can do is make a screen saver/background on your phone that says "It not even a big deal anyway/It doesn't even matter". Sounds a bit simple I know but believe it or not its helped me a lot, every time i go on my phone (which I do a lot) I just see it when Im really worried and over thinking with negative thoughts and then it just reminds me, "you know what, doesn't even matter/its not even a big deal". Its put hell of a lot of my stress away, and I still have that background to this day lol.

Another thing is try to have a healthy body as well, sounds cliché but to me it worked. I got into a lot of healthy eating during my recovery from depression, I also exercised, it actually makes you feel really good in the long run.

Thirdly when you start getting negative thoughts, force yourself to come up with positive thoughts or perspectives about the situation, this takes time, but eventually your mind will make optimism a habit every time a negative situation comes.

Lastly, surround yourself with positive people, this is vital. When you're around positive people, talk about your problems, they will most likely see the positives or give you hope. And when they do, don't brush off their words, accept it and take it in and think about it (i know you want an "independent" answer but this makes a bigger difference than people realise).

Because of all this conditioning I've done for the past year I've actually been able to get over rape that happened a few months ago, so much faster than I might have if I hadn't conditioned myself to be positive. Sure the rape still haunts me to this day, but my mind is now in the habit of optimism so whenever it comes back to my mind I might get a bit upset or feel hopeless at that moment, but few minutes later Im back on my feet and positive again.

I'm really sorry you had to go through this.

Like I said, you need to work on yourself. You know you're ready when you feel it. I know Im ready and stable enough now to date but back when I was completely unstable, definitely not, and I could feel it.

I didn't mean it that way, I mean that I want someone to make me not want to do, because I really want it I mean I'm in love with a guy who told me he loved me just to use me and he ruined a close friendship that we had, so yeah I got my hurt ripped into pieces

What Guys Said 2

• positivity comes from expriences that you go through, when you feel you're able to do what you want to do, you create that habit through the steps you take in your life, if you fail once then you giveup you will never have the positive mentality you will always see yourself as the "looser", but if you try more harder, do harder and make more efforts, you fail then you fail again then again until you understand that you actually learn through the trip rather than after the finish you will reach a point that you will know that you can do it, that's a habit you create.

• Care less, worry less :)
    It will take away so so much stress. try to see the same situation from a different angle

What Girls Said 0