Do you support Caliexit?

Moments after Donald Trump won the presidential election, Californians took to Twitter to make clear they want to secede from the United States.

27d To become the Province of Cailforina maybe
27d I wonder what trump says about this

He supported Brexit

Most Helpful Girl

• Love how all the idiots bellow are saying this is just us being whiny.
    First of all, we are one of the states that contributes the most to this country yet we, as a mostly democrat state, are not being represented by a republican government.
    Secondly, Calexit has been a thing for a long ass time, the idea of California seceding has been around for some years now. Lastly, California has the seventh largest economy in the world, just California alone. We have more people than Poland and our economy is larger than France's. Therefore, even if we weren't going to join Canada, we would do pretty well on our own.

• 25d

@Thisperson98 sure hun, that's what you meant and that's why you were sure ther was more than two different situations and provided many different links referring to the same thing claiming they were different. Bye now.

• 25d

I never said there were more than two times it happened. You made that number up, I never said California was bailed out many of times. I asked do you know how many times they were bailed out.

Most Helpful Guy

• *it was a group of Californians.
    Not all of us.
    If California were to leave the us would plunge into economic recession we hold a majority of the tech, agriculture, funds and jobs. Also it is the state with the most people.

What Girls Said 11

• "Do as the Romans do" as the Old saying Goes.
    Join the Europeans then, and make Sure, you Have a Passport to Boot. xx

• I don't care. I seem to recall when Texas wanted to secede but no one is pointing out the hypocrisy in that.

• 26d

Texas was its own country before voting to join the USA. California was never its own county.

• Brexit was years in the making
    this is merely cry-baby reactionary

• 26d

100% correct. I live and work in la. No one I know supports this crap. Fuck these spoiled brats.

• 26d

@UdontNeedtoknow I support it as a Canadian it mean another province for us and you will be better off as a Canadian I want Trudeau to annexe America all American will be better off that way

• I do. I say break it off and shove it out to sea. 🙋

• Rip all the californians from lack of water

• 27d

This right here.

They didn't think that one through very well.

Oh well, it's all good. Let them secede, and then embargo them. Ban the sale of water, fertilizer, or anything made of metal to the cuntry of California (or whatever they take to calling themselves). Put the military all along the border, to keep them from sneaking into the US.

After a year, maybe two, the problem will have sorted itself out. The population will probably be a bit less than a million in the entire state, too.

• 27d

@Barrabus_the_Free are you guys not reading the rest of it

they plan on joining Canada I heard so they would be a Province

With organ and Washington maybe

• 27d

That doesn't solve their water problem.

I can see Seattle, Porkland, and other *parts* of WA and OR going along with this, but not the entire states.

Ooh, wait. .. if Porkland were to go with it, my ex wife would become a Cannuckian. Fuck yes, Oregon can go. Or at least Porkland.

• So they're gonna... what... just journey to the Promised Land aka Canada? They don't think they're keeping the land though... do they?

• lol let all those assholes go. They are just talking out of their asses.

• I don't blame them

• Even though that would be a dream come true for Californians it would be too hard

• I wish we could get rid of those dumbasses there. It would be a dream come true for me to never have to hear of Brad Pitt, the Rams, or the Warriors ever again. But unf that won't happen.

• I can't say I blame them.

What Guys Said 28

• Wholeheartedly! You can even take Oregon and Washington State with you!

• 27d

Hey now, Oregon I'm all for, as well as Seattle, but there are a lot of parts of Washington that are nice. The people in WA can't drive worth a Fuck, but that's no reason to lump them in with Commiefornicate.

• Lol the goverment will never let California seceded and it's not up to the people of California whether or not they can or will it's up to the governing body of California.

RIP Californians from no water and RIP Californian crops and vineyards from no fertilizer, water and RIP any new construction from lack of raw materials.

California contributes to the rest of the country but it relies on the country to give it the things it lacks in order to function.

It's a small group of people reacting to the fact that the witch they voted for didn't get elected due to the amount of scandals, criminal investigations and suits agaisnt her. Like I said above it's not the peoples choice it's the governing body of California's choice.

But if they choose to leave and they do leave then let them leave, just embargo everything they need to survive. California makes things that the rest of the US wants but can live without while all the states make things California needs to function and run most of it's sources of money like it's farms and vineyards and you know fresh/clean water to drink.

• Good luck, California. Could be hilarious to see how they try to get water considering they don't have even enough drinking water anymore

• 27d

They plan on join us the Canadians

• 26d

@ProbablyTooMature Transit in my city is a bitch everyone hates it

I keep changing because they are trying to get people

• 26d

@ProbablyTooMature The goverment give me 840 a month and I give my grandmother 400 to live with her and license are 500 600

• Brexit is totally different from one of the states seceding from the Union. The UK is a sovereign nation. California's sovereignty is as a state in a federal union. We fought a Civil War over the whole secession thing. Now, having said all that, California leaving might not be all bad! LOL

• I mean California is already one of the most populous states in America with the highest GDP in the country.
    It being a democrat majority state , if trump comes to power we are gonna be seeing some serious teething issues between the federal level and the state level government.
    It can be it's own country but the institution basis for Caliexit is just not there.

• 27d

There are only a few areas that are democommie, the entire rest of the state is republifascist.

Unfortunately for the people in CA that aren't foaming-at-the-mouth libs, those few places are San Fran, San Diego, and Los Angeles.

I'd be pissed if I lived in Fresno or Stockton, or had a farm near Bakersfield, and there was some ultra-lib in San Fran or Hollyweird dictating every aspect of my life.

CA should be turned into 2 states. From north of SF, over to the SFV, follow the valley down to Bakersfield, then go straight east. Everything west and south of that is South California, everything east and north is North California. The libs can run rampant in their strongholds, the good people of CA are no longer their victims, and if the Dakotas are combined into one state we don't even have to change the US flag. Everyone wins.

• we would be fucked immediately. we are one of the bigger debtors in the country. we would be in financial ruin the year of our exit and with our idiot populace we would collapse as a nation with a decade.

• 27d

You guys would join our nation you're not leaving as in going by yourself like Brexit did

• 27d

You give it a full decade?

You're such an optimist!

• 27d

@Barrabus_the_Free I'm a glass is half full kind of guy but knowing its half empty as well.

• I don't support ANYONE who says they'll leave the country because of who the president is, liberal or conservative.

• I am intrigued to see how this one plays out maybe just an initial reaction to get disappointment out of system.

• This is just a bunch of whiny, spineless, entitled believing, democracy hating, morionic melenias. who would never fist fight for anything. Let alone fight a revolution to succeed from the U. S. A. Trust me, I have lived in southern California most of my life.

• 27d

I want them to join us

• 26d

Join who? These pussies have no teeth and the are MILLIONS of Californians like myself who would never let this happen...
      There just more crying college kids who have no idea of how the real world works.

• I support Amerexit - America leaving Trump.

• Sounds like a childish move. They didn't get what they wanted so instead of giving the man a chance they throw a tantrum. Afterwards they want to "run away" but we all know that kids bluff. Ain't nobody leaving the states. X

• I don't care. I was always under the impression that they were obnoxious hippies so good riddens.

• The San Andreas Fault will realise the Calexit. No vote needed.

• They're just crying about it.

• Just gives me more of a reason to leave this fucking awful state.

• Someone takes twitter warriors seriously?

• No. I find it absurd that they would leave the United States because of who came into office. Sorry your candidate did not get into office, please get over it as soon as possible. You are all over reacting and have to remember that the president is only one of the three branches of government and that their powers are limited. There is no way your outrageous fears are justified.

• Mehh white people are saying it's OK while us colored folks are losing our shit.. It's been fun. I really wonder what'll happen next. odds are it isn't good

• Tbh they can become a part of Canada, we totally accept them.

• I don't even care.

• Nope, they are apart of America. They cannot decide to leave without the other states saying it is okay.

• Ahahahahahahahaha. And we thought the confederates were bad. Sheeeeeyaaaat.

• It sucks for me personally cause I'm a conservative republican, yet I live in what is probably the most liberal state in the U. S.

• Who cares? One of the worst parts of the US anyway.

• Oh absolutely. That's one way to get illegals out of our country.

• this is dumb all of California's 55 electoral votes are going to Clinton , 3 million people in that state voted for trump and not one of there votes counts towards him getting elected , how can those people possibly complain the system is rigged towards trump and that there is a need to leave the US?

• I don't, as I don't see the point, it's just another 4 years, if he doe a piss poor job and fucks up really bad, then he's bound to get impeached or something. But even if those Californians were trying to force this, they'd only end up getting martial law imposed onto them or something. And there would be plenty of arrests and possibly even putting those people that incited this or lead this idea into internment and then they would all have to learn to accept reality the hard way.

• Yes. Please leave.

"California is like an artificial limb the rest of the country doesn't really need. You can quote me on that." -Saul Bellow