I'm ashamed to call myself an American now. How did a racist xenophobe get elected as president?

Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, etc.

1mo As a person of color, I do not feel comfortable for him to run this country. WW3 Is sure to happen soon.

What Guys Said 25

• lots of reasons
    1. politics isn't about truth. or at least you don't have to be honest to be popular
    2. a lot of his comments (while ugly to many including myself) strike a core with people who feel the same
    3. his positions on bringing jobs back and terrorist ring true iwth a lot of people who feel like those two things are destroying america

he basically played the game better. trump has proven if nothing else throughout his life that he will do whatever it takes to win (not too different from hillary) and he did just that this election. he pandered to different demographics well enough to get their support. now it will be interesting to see how he truly governs

trust me as a black man married to a white women with a daughter. who has a strong mother and a sister who's one of my best friends i was shaken to my core by things he said. i felt like i was in a fog most of yesterday trying to figure out how i can exist in a world where so many support such hate speak

literally don't know what there is to down vote about this. but oh well

Because how can you accept a racist bigot like that?

read through what i wrote. did i say i accept his beliefs at all?

you asked how he became president. i gave you a list of reasons. at the end i gave you my opinion which should be clear i am not ok with what he's said and things he plans to do

• I heard a lot of Americans are moving out to Canada, maybe you should do it too instead of whining?

• Cuz he's a devious little minx... I like him for that..
    but his presidential views... not so much. USA is going to have some serious terror issues and world wide conflicts...

pertaining to your update...
      I totally agree... i said so a long time ago.

• What are you talking about Hilary Clinton lost.

• How is he a racist? And do you think a criminal would make a better POTUS?

how is he racist... well let's take the definition of racism
      "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

what trump has said
      -look at black people. they live in hell. they have no jobs. they're schools are terrible

black people live in the same places as white people. black unemployment is at some it's lowest levels ever. black people don't have their own schools.

so he characterized an entire race of people as something

he was also fined twice by the department of justice for race based discriminatory practices.

not making judgments but calling a spade a spade. if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. chances are...

sorry dude I'm not going to entertain your level of intelligence anymore

@madhatters4 You claimed that Trump said that all Mexicans are rapists. I debunked this, and now you call me stupid?

• Racist? Oh yeah, sure he is...

www.facebook.com/.../

I'm getting myself a CCW permit. I just hope someone will try that. More than 1 = legal to use a gun.
      I don't wear hats, but I wish they would make Trump watches so I can wear and display it to everyone.

• The butthurt is real

As a person of color I feel very comfortable for him to run this country. WW3 would have been with Russia had Hillary won. Our relations with our allies and even neutral/enemies has improved merely by him winning.

• Instead of throwing around all those buzzwords - how about investing time and trying to emphatise and understand why he got voted over Hillary.
    You want people to emphatise with your point of view as well, right? Then you should be doing the same for them.

OR you can keep being a drama-queen.

• Lots of people feel the same way unfortunately

• Person of color? We are all people of color. If you don't feel comfortable with specific proposals he made point to that. It's not like he is gonna make pussy grabbing legalized or anything lol 😂

WW3 has nothing to do with trump. It has been in the making for decades.

Albert Pike, wrote in his book Morals and Dogma About 3 world wars. This was before the first one even happened. He said they were required to form a one world government.

• I don't know but just wait it's the calm before the storm

• Keep whining and shout "racist" all you want. The man got elected no matter how much you fought and hated him. Your silencing tactics of speech and thought oppression have no effect anymore, so call us racists all you want. Anti racist is a code word for anti white.

• Wrong section

• It's interesting because around 45% of eligible Americans didn't vote. Nevertheless he won by a lot, it's fair to say the stumpsters is the obvious choice

• Being a serial liar isn't a crime as a politician it's the norm

@Asker - you may not feel comfortable with him running the country but he's going to do it. So you have two options - leave , which you know is a rather silly option. Or stay and help in your area

Yeah thanks for the input I am leaving actually. America is fucked, good luck living here. I am not just bluffing either. I am actually going to leave I have plenty of money to live on in my savings account and to try to get a lawyer for citizenship in another country.

@Asker why do you think America is "fucked"? Just because Trump will become president in January? Remember he has no power yet. If you think the country is screwed up now it has nothing to do with him it has everything to do with current leaders

• I'm honestly looking forward to seeing what he does to your country. It'll be glorious to observe from the outside. I'm just hoping there will be some ethnographic material left for anthropologists to study after the dust settles

• You can't change it, no point in complaining, just get over it already.

• @asker
    Take comfort in the fact that he lost the popular vote.

• change country.

• Stop whining and become president yourself if you dont like the one you have now.

• ww3 would probably happen regardless.

• Updates: "As a person of color "
    No comment

• Is that you, Michelle?

• Simply that. It just happened. Because of the Electoral votes system. Hillary got more Popular votes than Trump, but Trump got more Electoral votes than Hillary, Electoral votes is all that matters for winning the Presidency. If there's anything to blame I'd blame it on the DNC and Hillary unfairly working against Bernie in the first place. Besides I really do believe that Bernie would have a much better chance going up against Trump instead of Hillary, but that's just me.

• You're actually describing the liberals.
    Hillary is the most dishonest presidential candidate I've seen in my life time.
    So many liberals are anti-White. Liberals have many racists.
    The liberals are the ones damaging property already.

Exactly. That's why Hillary lost, cause of all the hate from the liberals. Many of those undecided decided to with Trump because of the hate they received simply for being white.
      The liberals caused this.

What Girls Said 9

• The whole world is laughing at America now.

Very true, we are the laughing stock to the world. I say this country is fucked now. So you're very right.

Yes, but for now I'm going to give him a chance and see how he does.

• Something isn't right I feel disappointed in America

• 0|1
  • How is he racist? Nobody has given me a single example of him being racist. Also, what does him being himself have to do with you as an individual? You're ashamed of your cultural heritage because of someone else's personality? That makes sense.

what trump has said

@madhatters4 I'm Puerto Rican and Jamaican. I've actually dealt with a lot of things regarding my racial identity.

well then I'm kind of at a loss

• stop being ridiculous

• @cissum is your house large enough Bae? I'll move to Canada
    Oh.. wait I don't live in USA my bad. Anyways I'll move

• White women showed up in huge droves because they want their America back

• prove that he's racist

• Jeez. SJW much?