Can I get a fair trial?

I'm been under investigation for tax evasion. I guess the state has decided they have enough evidence because I recently got a summons. When I looked up the judge I found he is a white man.

I'm a black man and don't feel like i can get a fair trial with a white judge

22d i was being ironic/sarcastic about getting a fair trial. sort of playing up the thing our president elect said about getting a fair trial for a similar thing with a Mexican judge.

I'm sure i'll be fine. It's a hearing to go over the information in front of a judge. Most likely a mistaken identity as there is another person in my area with the same name and date of birth. We've been confused regarding other things in the past.
22d perhaps it isn't all that funny... but it seemed like a humorous joke to me

What Girls Said 5

• A Family Member from New York went Through Something Similar with this Same Scenario... He never Showed up though in Court.
    What Will then Happen, @madhatters4, for when He didn't Go, he Lost by "Default," and his Boss... Garnished Mad Money from his Pay to pay it back.
    Black or White, don't Fear, dear.
    No Feather in Whose "Whatever Colored" Cap, and More in Store Regardless, no Matter What, in You having to Pay Back the Whack System" Every Friday, whether you Show or "No Go."
    Good luck. xx

• get a good lawyer and you'll be fine

• Not all white people are racist, you know. I'm sure that your judge will be fair. Well I'm hoping so, at least, as that is his job. I'm sure that if you feel he is being unfair to you simply because of your race you can fight it though. I wish you the best of luck 😊

• Wait so are you actually being charged with tax evasion or was this just one of those "haha, irony" jokes?

• same thing happened to my mom

What Guys Said 13

• I'd suggest you study your books carefully then, and then make the best case you can. Other than DNC hard-liners, nobody dislikes Herman Cain. Just remember that, if you need a role model.

Whatever you do, don't act like Kanye - or Wesley Snipes, for that matter. White or black, men who act like Kanye shoot their own chances of a fair trial down simply by annoying the jury.

If Obama calls someone a role model, they probably aren't. So don't act like whoever he says to.

Besides... tax evasion? That gets you one of those not-quite beach resort joints. The only way it'd be closer, is if they actually allowed you to sunbathe and sip martinis.

If you wanna talk about hell, my former coworker and sort-of friend recently did something dumb. And he has a history of being in that neighborhood - where his ex hates his guts and is really spiteful. The guy isn't too smart or discreet, so she always finds out if he's at his one other friend's house. And she abuses the crap out of that TRO. So he's most likely now on his third count of aggravated "stalking" - even if he had nothing to do with her!

Which means, given he doesn't know how to advocate for himself and doesn't have the courage to demand a lawyer, he'll probably take a plea deal - again. He'll be sent right back to that hellhole, and they'll use his face as a punching bag for another 8 years, until he looks even more like a caricature from all the bone damage. And he'll be in his 60s when he gets out, and still clueless. I sure hope he doesn't try to kill himself or anything. (Though, knowing him as I do, he'll probably achieve that by accident.)

• Just get a good lawyer and cross your fingers... some white judges and known to be lenient

• 23d

Yeah I'm not ask that worried about it. was just using the Donald Trump logic about the Mexican lawyer in his evasion case

• I'm sorry you assume he's a racist just because he's white. If you walk into court with that attitude everyone there is going to catch on quickly.

Simply put, he's a person doing a job. You submit all your evidence and documents, explain yourself, explain anything you may not have understood. He knows the law being applied and has to apply it accordingly. He has the ability to be lenient in many ways if he believes you're honest and made a mistake. If you actually didn't do anything wrong then it's much easier for him to dismiss the case and move on with his huge workload.

He's really no different than you. Just like you he has a job. Just like you he doesn't want to deal with bullshit at work. Just like you he doesn't just feel the sudden urge to just screw a "customer". Just like you he wants an easy workday and maybe get the chance to go home a bit early sometimes.

• try to get an out of court agreement

• Probably...

• So you are racist? Unless he has provided any reason to make you think he will not be bias besides being white then you need to re-evaluate how you think

• That judge doesn't care about you. He only cares about case. Stop being paranoid.

• 23d

i was trying to be ironic since it's the same thing Donald Trump said

• 22d

dude i'm sorry but i can't go on with this. it's insane. they are entirely different groups but because they have a very common phrase that comes from a very popular Mexican minister of health in the 1940s in a piece that was counter attack of Mein Kampf it's all the same to you... so that's good. good for you.

you're right end of story. enough

• 22d

I am right. You can excuse it, but you can't justify it. It's a double standard that you excuse, but refuse to acknowledge because you do know the truth. I was driving in the car and thought of this conversation, "This man isn't stupid," why you're refusing to be intellectual honest, I don't know. . . It kind of makes me sad. Good luck to you, @Madhatters4. I hope someday that you help fix these problems. Step one is acknowledging they exist.

• How can you just assume he's a racist?

• 22d

i was being ironic. i don't assume he's racist. i don't even know if the judge is white

• You will get a fair trial. Did you evade your taxes?

• 23d

no there is a person in this area... southeast pa area... with the same name and date of birth so I'm 99% sure that's the case

• 23d

At worst, they'd probably just make you pay what's owed if found guilty.

• 22d

Then you have nothing to really worry about. If this takes up a significant chunk of your time, like affects your schooling, you should still seek legal counsel for possible compensation of your time. DO NOT misinterpret this as an excuse to victimize yourself saying white people owe you this or white people owe you that. That's bull s*** and if you are educated, you would agree. But if you're in court for like a few hours like I was for traffic violation, don't worry about it and move on. Can actually be kind of fun if you approach it with an open mind.

• oh man oh man. with taxes, you have to prove your innocence of they win

• Depends is the judge a member of the KKK or does discriminate or act biased kinda like how that Mexican judge was biased against Trump because Trump wanted to build a wall between America and the judges nation of birth.

• Nope. Not in the least

• If you get a good lawyer