Why wouldn't anybody help?

So today I was driving home and I saw a crow that had clearly been run over. Poor guy was flapping one wing and still hanging on. I immediately pulled over and called my area's animal care, was on hold for a while then they directed me to other numbers. I called many emergency animal dispatch services, but none could help me. All the while people just continued to run the little guy over and didn't even try to avoid it or slow down. Like wth? By the time I got care for the poor bird, he was far gone like wth? 😭😭😢😢😢💔💔💔

What Guys Said 22

• I remember I was with my brother once and he was running and stepped on a squirrel and it was still alive. You could tell it was in pain and wasn't going to recover. I remember contemplating over what I should do. My first reaction was to kill it. But then I kept coming up with excuses not to.

"What if it were me? Would I want to just bleed out?"

The thing was twitching so bad, so I told my brother to leave, I grabbed the biggest heaviest rock I could find nearby (I could hold it in one hand) and chucked it at it's head making sure not to miss.

I think it was a pretty clean kill. I felt bad. That poor thing suffered so much and had no reason to think it was gonna die. Isn't that crazy? That it could be running to a tree like it's been doing for years and BAM, through little fault of it's own it was injured like that and killed. I remember looking at it thinking that that could have been me, my brother or literally anyone being killed bb a car or any other random thing that's totally out of our control.

• People (MOstly) don't care for life which is in abundant. There might be multiple reasons for animal care not showing up, from what i feel is that they know they couldn't do much and frankly i agree. I had very emotional, wrecking moments myself but couldn't do anything simply because it was too late. Small animals cannot be easily provided with medical care nor there are high survival rate.
    Good question, these type of question are worth my time.
    :(

• 28d

It's just that people saw and continued to run him over

• 28d

What you mean?

• 28d

americans are this n that, like so.

• Tbh I probably would've killed the bird as quickly and painlessly as possible. There's not much you could do to save a wild bird that's been hit by a car so I wouldn't want it to suffer and die a slow painful death

• oh my god that is so sad. I love animals. And I have 3 little pet birds

• People are disgusting useless pieces of shit.

• Cuz its Cali duh

• I guess no one cares about one bird with a broken wing.

• I had a similar instance with a cat.
    Except more guts over my hands, anyways.
    People won't help because there isn't really a plan of action for animals. They can be replaced with money like any object.

• people don't care about small animals unless it's one that they keep as pet. sad but true.

and the animal care thing probably thought it's not worth it and wanted to save time and money. A crow hit by a car is pretty much a lost case... and even if you try rescuing them there is a big risk. If they smell after human other crows will outcast and attack them.

• I understand where you're coming from but if the bird was dying wouldn't the most logical thing to do is finish him off so he doesn't continue to suffer? Animal care probably knew by the time they got to him it would be too late and their resources would be better off used somewhere else.

• 27d

Somehow I doubt the people who kept hitting it with their cars were doing it out of some well-informed choice to humanely put it out of its misery...

• 27d

@JohnDoe3000 true, most people who did hit the crow wasn't doing it to help the situation. If I was able to determine fast enough that the crow was dying then I would put him out of his misery, but definitely not pull over to find someone to help him.

• I completely understand your hurt actually, any animal in pain is sad to watch, even if it's just a crow.

• 28d

Like he was flapping one wing as if he was reaching for help and people just couldn't care less

• 28d

people are the worst

• 28d

Yup... well people are like 80-90% responsible for the destruction of a lot of wild life, it's sad.

• I think you should have gently moved him off the road, but yeah, at least you cared and tried to help while those other people were being assholes.

• Better to just put an injured wild animal out of its misery. Esp if it's still laying on the road.

• So what did *you* do?

• This hurt me😔

• 28d

😭😭😭😭😭😭

• 28d

Ughhi I sometimes help pigeons that are hurt but its too much for me if they don't make it😟 they usually don't...

• You should have pick it up slowly and move it aside while waiting for medic to come.

• It could be people don't have empathy

• You should've dispatched the crow.

• Was the crow black? Obviously they're racist.

• It's tuff when we feel so much towards animals but sometimes there isn't much you can do in these cases, even if saved it from further damage it would have been hard to anything for it and another animal would have gotten him

• At that point there's really no saving it. I love animals but if I saw something like that I'd kill it just so it wouldn't have to suffer.

What Girls Said 10

• Once me and my friends were waiting for the bus, we were far from homes. It was rainy and windy day. We saw how little kitten tried to cross the street and how It was run over by big car, It happened very fast, we saw it from the far and decided to go there and help it cause people didn't pay him attention. When I came there kitten was all in blood and his leg was broken like part of his leg was just hanging on little skin.

I didn't know what to do, I asked my friend to find a little box for him so kitten wouldn't feel cold and called an emergency services, they directed me to the animal shelter and when I asked them to come and take kitten to the hospital they said all the emergency cars were busy.

I told them that I wouldn't go till they wouldn't come and take him in the hospital, they said it was impossible to come soon since animal shelter was in the other end of the city. They'd need at least 1 hour.
    Then I told them that I was a lawyer writing work on animal rights in Georgia and I would mention their names if they left that little kitten in the street without aid, cause it was destined to death.

Imagine how surprised I was that they came just after 20 minutes and took the kitten in shelter. I remembered their mobile numbers, asked them to call me when surgery would be over.

Me and my friends visited the kitten after 3-4 days and kitten felt a little better, we brought food and things for him. We visited him next time after 10 days and he was almost cured.

• Here in my city we were pulling up to a red light and a bird was crossing the street. These people in the car next to me went full speed and run it over on purpose. As soon as we stopped you can see them laughing like a bunch of sadistic sickos. My boyfriend ALWAYS will do his best to avoid hitting an animal and if possible we will help injured animals. We too are animals and it should be our job to help any being in need ESPECIALLY IF injured. It makes me sad that some people could care less.

• Same reason people are fine with eating cows and pigs but not dogs and cats. They see different animals at different levels of importance. The more "human" an animal is, the more empathetic people are with them. Unfortunately a crow is not high on that list.

• so sad :( I would've tried to help it too.

• As a respecting animal lover, this was a painful read. It's sad how people are soulless when it comes to our furry friends.

• 28d

Completely agree. Several times I've stopped whatever I was doing to help an animal, whether it was injured, lost, or whatever. I despise all these heartless, cold people. They are exactly why I feel the world would be better off without humans.

• Most people now in days are self centered and careless. It's so sad for what the world is becoming to be.

• Because they're the same people who eat meat and don't care about animals except dogs and cats.

• Nuu.. 😭

• 😟😟😢😢

• Wow tmi