Does therapy really help with manic depression?

I've not been checked out yet, but I think I have manic depression. I feel like everyone hates me and no one wants me around. That all of them are just faking being nice to me. Some points, maybe 2 or 3 times a week, I'm VERY happy and I have a lot of energy. But randomly I get very depressed. Things randomly make me mad and I don't feel better until I hit something. I'm extremely lonely and have zero social skills. I always talk my self down. "You're fat, ugly and no one really wants you around. They all hate you. Why even try? It's not going to change anything. You're still just going to be a lonely little shit." Stuff like that. So I can never really go after the change that I want. Because I always tell myself that I'll always fail. I'm also very insecure with my body, how I walk and how I speak. I've been called a pessimist. Since no matter how much good information a person gives me about one of my hobbies, I always think of whats going to be the worst thing to happen and make myself sad again. People have been saying that I've been losing weight since I got my new job, but I don't see it. Every time I look at myself in the mirror, I just see the same fat guy that no one likes since middle school all the way through high school.

Can talking with a therapist really help? Or is it just a waste of money?

What Girls Said 4

• Definitely need both, but if you're self diagnosing, then it's best to see a professional.
    If you want an inside peek at the inner working of someone with bpd, this book is amazing. I've been through it twice and highly recommend it...

https://g.co/kgs/vVE8tW

• Therapy and Medicine go Hand in Hand Here, dear.
    However, no tall little pills Will Make everything Right, but at Least it is a Better Road to Go on with the Right Doctor and the Right Med... To help Put this Manic Depression to Bed.
    Good luck. xx

• I recommend getting a pet tbh and then a therapist on the side too.

• Therapy is always helpful, but some conditions require medication as well as therapy in order to regulate you. It's incredibly important that you get a proper diagnosis, so you can receive the correct treatment. Just know that there are people who love and care about you even when you don't, and I think it's really brave you're seeking help in any kind of way. Don't get discouraged when seeking treatment sometimes it takes a while to find the right doctors. Things will get better.

What Guys Said 1

• Medication does most of the helping.