Do YOU still have a VCR? AND do you still use it?

25d Follow up question, do any of you still have VHS tape rewinders?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I rescued one from the garbage outside of my building (someone set it out with the remote and cord neatly taped up) because I had kept all my old tapes.

What Girls Said 15

• Whats a vcr?

• I don't know! Maybe somewhere in my garage.

• We don't have one, no.

• I had one for a really long time and I still have a ton of the tapes. I think my father put them away somewhere.

• I recorded the presidential election on VHS for my future kids. They're gonna be so fucking confused, it'll be amazing.

• At my place, no, I don't have one. My parents still have theirs, though, I believe.

• We don't (at my house) my mom gave the tapes and player away a few years ago.

• Nope lol

• Nope

• my mom does for her old yoga tapes and stuff

• Yes and no

• Yes and yes

• yes because my mom prefers it

• I gave it to my nephew he has a ton of videos.

• LOL definitely not.

What Guys Said 22

• Yes I have one, and it's connected to an analog TV. No I don't use it or the TV. I haven't watched TV since it switched over to digital. I think I might have a tape rewinder, but I'm not sure. For sure I have a demagnitizer.

I also have a cassette player and a turntable. I don't use those either. I also have a 40 year old computer, an Atari 800, and a film camera. Don't use those either, but I could see still using the film camera since it's a lot better than my digital camera.

I have a refrigerator from the 50s. It does work and I've used it recently for some overstock.

• I have a couple of them. I use them occasionally to digitize old original content for my family or for others ($$$). Lots of people have birthdays, reunions, anniversaries, weddings, etc. on VHS still, and working players are getting harder and harder to find (and most are crappy).

• I have a VHS/DVD combo player for when I want to watch the original star wars films without the stupid added effects.

• no. i last had one in 2012. it was a dvd/vcr combo... is it somewhat ironic that the the dvd player broke while the vcr was fine. but since it was combo when one went down the whole thing was done

• I have it stored in my closet. Still got a few tapes too. Never use it though. I don't like throwing things away unless they are broken and there is no benefit in keeping it. I'm sure mybvcr still works and the tapes are in cases and good condition.

• I still have one but don't use it much. I have a big movie collection which started with VHS. Have got most on DVD now but still have a few only on VHS.

• Must be 10 years now maybe more since I had one

• I think my parents might still have one at their house. I don't imagine it gets used often though.

• No and yes 😬

• U gawd damn rite I dooooo

• There's one in the garage, haven't used it in many years

• Yes to both but I don't record on it.

• Hell I still have a cassette player 😂

• nope, throw that thing away a loooooooong time ago

• Yeah I still do and I used it to convert all my vhs videos with a graphics card onto a flash drive.

• Somewhere in the hosue and no we dont

• i used it a lot when i was a kid

• hellll yeah. I like vintage stuff in general so i definitely still own and use a vcr

• Yes! We record n it every day! My parents are techies so we use a good old vcr. We also have all my tapes from when i was little. For some reason we are saving them, like by the time i have children a vcr will be completely extinct

• I wonder how many gag memebers haven't even seen a vcr in use before lol

• Yes. It would cost too much to replace hundreds of VHS tapes. They still work too.

• Yeah brah play VHSs all the time on it