For a job, would you rather wear a uniform or your own clothing?

For my current job, I have to wear black sophisticated clothing every day. I'd rather just put on a uniform and be done. It'd be so much more easier and I think its cuter too lol.

• My own clothes
  • Uniform
  • None
  • Both

What Guys Said 25

• I'm OK with either one, as long as the uniform is provided by the company and doesn't look completely retarded. Keeps me from having to buy work clothes.

• Uniforms are usually shit clothes. I work somewhere that we have to dress up and I have no problem with that, in-fact I love it. I have a very well talored suit with a name attached to it, it's really not a joke. This place I started working at has a uniform that's basically a really shitty version of what I already wear and I'm gonna be pissed if they make me wear it considering it's a fashion company and I have to spend all day in NY.

Someone told me that your supposed to wear a vest and I told him straight to his face there is no force of nature that will make me wear a fucking vest.

• Being a firefighter, I have no choice! Uniform all the way.

• Id rather smart casual but have a set outfit to where every day so i didn't have to think about it I mean i look hot in a suit but it involves ironing creases more easily takes a minute longer to put on which adds , a tie can be uncomfortable sometimes , and its hot in the summer also i'm not sure i want my coworkers hitting on me.

• I've worn uniforms to work, they are usually cheap, uncomfortable and nasty.

And what is a shirt/suit and tie but a uniform? I am far more comfortable in my own clothing.

• My own, at least I can be myself.

• I prefer my own clothing. Granted, it has to be nice. But it can be my own. I just have to keep it clean and professional.

• Depends on the uniform. I dislike khakis and dress pants, and I despise jeans.

As long as I can wear sweatpants or shorts, I don't care what I have to wear.

• I'm all about self-expression! I'd definitely rather wear my own clothing. :)

• I can't stand uniforms or even dressing up, I wear my own clothes to work and usually nothing very nice. I wouldn't take a job where that was not an option.

• Depends on the uniform. I like to have free ROM. If it's stifling I'd rather wear my own

• Probably own clothes. Unless it was a police uniform or something. Uniforms are meh.

• My own clothes. One of the great advantages of being self employed. :-)

• E) Suit. I prefer suits.

• My own clothing

• My own clothes. But then, where I work that can be t-shirts, jeans, or shorts.

• I just want to wear the same suit everyday because I'm too poor for the clothes I want😂😂

• I love uniforms.

• Something in between.

• My own clothes

• Yeah so i won't have to worry about what to wear everyday lols

• I like wearing whatever I like in the office but having a uniform I have to wear when I go out to site to check on progress of work and if there doing all the safety stuff

• My own clothes. I don't wan't to be labeled or a walking ad for them.

• Mine is sort of both. I have to wear approved safety gear but it's my own gear and I can pick the style and colors and everything.

• I think for a job they should wear uniforms for security reason so you know who is suppose to work there.

What Girls Said 16

• If I wear my own clothes I want free rein.

I've worn both uniforms and my own clothes. One uniform, although it was nasty and involved a lime green tie (yes even the girls), overall it was fairly inoffensive.
    Another job I had my uniform was a black shirt (that I had to buy) and was branded. I hated it. I hate wearing shirts, and because I wore leggings and a skirt it felt like I was half and half.

The first job I had that was my clothes the rules of skirt length, colours, shoulders had to be covered, certain clothes and shoes restricted, it meant I had to go out and buy a new wardrobe.
    The second job I had was similar but not quite as hardcore.

I like my clothing rules now. I can wear pajamas if I want.

• I'd love a uniform for the ease of it and not having to consider each day but other days I really enjoy dressing up, it boosts my confidence and makes me feel successful.
    Luckily my work had polo shirts made with the logo we can purchase if we feel like wearing a uniform

• Uniform, less hassle over tryna think of what to wear and less budget to spend on clothes you prolly won't even wear.

• I have no fashion sense, gimme that uniform

• I guess a uniform every day. There's no need to purchase new clothes and worry about what to wear each day. Plus everyone is dressed the same so unless someone can drastically pull of their uniform better than others it should help keep the environment professional.

• the one thing i find irritating about uniforms is when they have that high flip up collar. it's such a pain. i'll get out of the shower, and fix my hair so that it looks decent. a while later, that stupid collar flips up and starts pulling out the bottom of my hair while i'm working. then it ends up looking crappy. if my uniform didn't have that collar, i would be ok with it.

• Uniform is Fine, Saves me from Picking out Something different to Wear and Tear every Day. xx

• My own. I've had enough wearing uniforms in school.

• I will wear my own clothes but they will have to be formal ❤️👠💋

• uniform cause it won't be a struggle to decide what to wear in the morning

• At least with a uniform, I can claim the money back on tax. Business clothes are expensive v. v

• My own

• I'd rather wear a uniform so I don't have to pick out an outfit everyday

• Uniform. Cause then I don't have to worry about what to wear all the time.

• My own clothes

• Isn't your outfit an uniform? Apparently you can't wear anything outside of that very narrow group. So you're already wearing a uniform.

• 26d

Its my own clothes so I don't consider it a uniform. I still have to pick and choose what to wear and it can take a long time if I don't have what I need. I'm talking about a specific clothing that everyone wears.