Does anyone else think that it's stupid to pretend that a humans' life is more important than another animals?

I think it's so pathetic when people say that the lives of rotten to the core individuals is more important than the life of an animal. For example, I'd like to:

-Skin people who work in fur farms alive and tan their hide to make leather.
-Shoot poachers and sport hunters and leave them to rot.
-Boil those motherfuckers who work in slaughterhouses alive in their own scalding tanks
etc...

Disclaimer: before you report this, I'm saying I would like to do these things, I'm NOT threatening to do them.

21d Does anyone else think that it's stupid to pretend that a humans' life is *always more important than another animals?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh definitely. Not to mention how supporting the meat industry contributes to greenhouse gas emissions, world hunger, and deforestation (which ultimately leads to the harming of humans, not only nonhuman animals). Don't even get me started on pro-lifers who eat meat.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, I agree with you.

• Those who are inhumane with animals are terrible but I do believe that humans lives are of value. You seem to be mixing to topics into one.

• I think both are important

What Guys Said 8

• Ironic that people who think human lives are less important cause we're rotten don't give a shit about other humans and feel like they can easily disguard them over an animal... hey pot, meet kettle 😒

• 21d

Do you not read the update -_-

• 21d

Ok, but by enlarge, you don't know a shitty human from a regular human and there are more regular humans than shitty ones, so your point isn't valid. The average human, we can group as most humans, are better than animals

• 21d

Yeah, and I'm not saying that human life on average is less important than animals. What I'm saying is that it's stupid to pretend all human life is more important.

• Humans are more important than animals. I don't know about you, but I also like the taste of beef and chicken. With a post like that I'm assuming you're a vegan or vegetarian.

• 20d

Well, I'm ostrovegan (google it), and yes I do like the taste of beef and chicken. I have no control over my desires; I do however have control over my actions. And no human life isn't intrinsically more important than an animals.

• 20d

I don't think it was, but you have a twisted outlook on life if you think the lives of rapists murders etc have more value than say a dog.

• 20d

Well in that case you got me lol. I'm all for capital punishment for heinous crimes.

• Homo Sapiens weren't always at the top of the pyramid. Once a upon a time there was other 'types' of humans. We outlasted, outwit, and out played - survivor

and now here we are

• so tell me why an animal is more important than a human?

• The life of our own species is always worth more. It is a hierarchical system with self preservation at the top.

But that does not mean we have to commit acts of cruelty against other animals.

• 20d

The hierarchical system you described DOESN'T EXIST LOL!!!

• 20d

"mutualistic relationships with other species"

Lol. If its a dog, a horse or a beast of burden then i can understand otherwise no.

• 20d

Yeah, just like it only applies to your own species if they're your relative, otherwise no.

• They can believe what they want, and I'm fine with it. I just hate the ones who are sanctimonious and prideful.

• I think human life is more important than animal life because if a meteor is speeding towards the earth, we are the ones who will work to save it, not the animals.

• 21d

But right now we're causing the 6th mass extinction ourselves, not a meteor.

• 20d

So what species is most likely to prevent a 7th and 8th? Humans right?

• 20d

No, because mass extinctions happen from causes other than meteors. The blunt reality is that we are causing a mass extinction now.

Sorry, but we don't have to deal in hypotheticals; we have an actual.

• reported