Will trump really build a wall blocking off Mexico?

Do you really think Trump will build a wall? And how will he go about doing it?

0|1
9|17

What Girls Said 9

• i think he was exaggerating.

1|3
    2|1
  • Haha no. Y'all want a wall up but none of you want to pay for it. So no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, and he'll get the Mexicans to pay for it and BUILD it too. Cheap labour!

2|0
    1|0
  • some kind of wall

0|0
    0|0
  • He won't, and Mexicans won't pay for it.
    And if he forces the government, the people will rebel.

0|1
    2|0
  • Nope, it would cost billions of dollars

0|0
    2|0
  • No, he won't. Everyone's over-reacting. Keep in mind, he can only have as much power as we give him.

0|0
    2|0
  • I've yet to hear him satisfactorily explain how he'll get Mexico to pay for it.

Also, putting illegal immigrants into federal prison is paying more for them than now, so that confuses me.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes.

2|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 17

• That wall exists already. As of January 2009, U. S. Customs and Border Protection reported that it had more than 580 miles (930 km) of barriers in place.[2].
    en.wikipedia.org/.../Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier

si.wsj.net/.../...911_WL0620_NS_20130619115704.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes he will actually build it and he'll do it by simply raising trade tariffs which will cause Mexico to lose a shit ton of money in the long run, and they will have no choice but to just pay for it which would be cheaper or continuously lose money for years to come which also make importing and exporting items to and from the US a lot harder.

2|0
    0|0
  • with any luck he will either build it or find another way to stop the illegals (i like the shoot on sight idea myself)

3|1
    0|1
  • We already have walls now. He's talking about extending and reinforcing what we have now. And yes he will. Mexico relies on America for a lot of their trade. It's either direct funding to the wall from them or trade taxes. As funny as it sounds... Mexico is going to pay for it lol

1|0
    0|0
    • 26d

It'll be interesting to see. His presidency is going to be much more interesting overall than if Hilary won

• Show All
    • 26d

Overall I think so too, but we're a year or two overdue for a recession and if there is no recession during his first four years, that period of time without a recession will have never happened in the history of our country. Combine that with the 19 trillion+ debt (1 trillion=$1 bills that side by side reach the moon and back twenty times), the government debt having entitlements that most of the public would enrage if they lose and the government not having nearly as much financial leverage as when Obama entered the great recession, there could be some huge issues that most democrats, of course, will blame on Donald Scapegoat. He has some great fiscal ideas but he's in a really dangerous place.

• 26d

@cavmanier

We just have to be smart and focused.
      It's amazing tho. I said I hope he passes term limits. In his contract to the voter for his first 100 days, includes imposing term limits.

www.npr.org/.../here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

• There SHOULD be a wall. Why? Because it is a border and people pour over it illegally. There are several reasons: Find a job, obtain public benefits of some sort, invest in an anchor baby, sell drugs, murder & rape.

We are supposed to be a nation of laws. All laws require physical force to enforce. That force can be active (arrest), or passive (a wall).

Build a wall.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tuff one when Mexico is being quite resistant on paying for it. However they are going to go through some ruff times now. Mexico has something like 170 billion in reserves. They said they are willing to inject about 90 million to help ease the uncertainty

Republics are hinting at looking for cheaper options. It's yet to be seen how the Donald will retaliate

0|0
    0|0
    • 26d

correction
      90 billion in monetary funds to stimulate the economy. Not 90 million

• Not a chance

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not going to happen. The logistics of doing that are practically impossible. There might be some beefing up of physical barriers that already exist at major crossing points and an increased border patrol, but there will be no wall extending the entire length of the US/Mexico border.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's been in talks with leading republicans, I'm sure what he will really do is strengthen the immigration laws and maybe build the fences that are already there better

0|0
    0|0
  • This would be one of the greatest waste of taxpayer money.

1|1
    1|0
  • It's coming!

1|1
    0|1
  • nope

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope... but we'll see.

0|0
    1|0
  • Of course not. He might be President but he doesn't have free reign to do what he wants.

0|0
    0|0
  • He can't completely do it.
    I live close to the boarder & you are not allowed to on Indian reservations. They want the animals to be able to roam freely.
    Not sure of the number of reservations but there must be a lot between California & Texas.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same party that said "break down this wall, gorbachev", is the same one that wants to put one up

0|0
    0|0
  • No all smoke screens saying whatever to get elected.

0|1
    0|0